Scenario for WW2 game at the Ex Site May 30 -31st 2009

30th & 31st May 2009
taffyjohn
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Scenario for WW2 game at the Ex Site May 30 -31st 2009

Postby taffyjohn » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:21 pm

Ex Site Presents: D-Day + 7: The Battle of Bloody Gulch.

Easy Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Reg, 101st Airborne Division.
6th Fallshirmjager Regiment & 17th SS Panzer Grenadier Division
49 Marine Commandos Squad

June 13th-14th 1944 [D-Day + 7 & 8].
Day One: Following the German defeat at Carentan; units of the American 101st Airborne Division continue Southwest to widen the defensive area around the city itself. One mile outside town the Paratroopers made contact with forces from the German 6th Fallschirmjäger Regiment and 17th SS Panzergrenadier Division, supported by artillery and mortar fire. Unbeknownst to the paratroopers the majority of the defending force had pulled out of town the previous night following a heavy Allied Naval and Artillery bombardment. Here, near Hill 30, they would meet the resupplied and reinforced parachutists of the 6th Fallschirmjäger Regiment, supported by units of the 17th SS Panzergrenadier Division.
Meanwhile…British Commandos head cross country through a country swarming with German patrols; searching for a crashed glider pulled far off course by its crippled tug aircraft. They find it, four miles West of Hill 30. On inspection of the remains they discover bodies of glider troops riddled with bullets and documents critical to the war effort, gone! They must be found! However low on ammunition and food, it is imperative to find supplies first then move on to reclaim these documents which could decide the fate on Allied forces acting to reclaim the Contentin Peninsula!
The paratroopers must not let Carentan fall; the town will provide a critical link up point for armour and infantry forces rolling in from Utah and Omaha beaches and create a secure lodgment area for further American operations. Similarly the Germans MUST break through, it will hamper the Allied advance and stop them linking up before pushing any further in land. The Commandos have to find the documents which could spell certain defeat for the Allies in Normandy before they can be used against them.
Will Sinks men of the 506th inflict another crushing defeat on the Germans or will Friedrich von der Heydtes’ 6th Fallschirmjager Regiment annihilate the Americans and push on through in to Carentan. Will the Brits reclaim their all important prize and deliver yet another defeat on the Germans or will the Allies be driven back in to the sea! This will be decided at the Battle of Bloody Gulch.

However, Airborne units are still scattered all over the peninsula and squads must reach a rally point before they are able to push forward, further in to Normandy.
• Regroup at Rally point and establish a perimeter.
• Find supply drops (Troopers will have restricted ammunition until then).
• Will the Americans be able to take the German artillery position before they can bring it in to play and stop the Bombardment of Causeway Number 2.
• Will they be able to destroy the German mortar position?
• Obtain any German intel whilst doing so (Repro map, with gun positions marked, Documents with Wermacht letterhead).
• And will they be able to throw back the counter attack and push on to Hill 30.

• The Germans must find their resupply depots before heading on in with their counter attack.
• Send out patrols to make contact with the American units moving out of Carentan.
• Defend their artillery position so that it may be used on the second day (If this is not defended successfully it will be out of play on the Sunday).
• Defend the Mortar position so that it is not put out of commission (If this is taken it cannot be used by Allied units).

• The British must find weapons and ammunition drop.
• Recce enemy positions and identify target.
• Stop for tea.
• Any enemy position which is attacked must be searched for intelligence.
• Attack enemy positions with the sole purpose of retrieving stolen British maps and documents.

Day Two: Following the defeat of German forces just outside Carentan, they fall back and prepare to defend strong point around Hill 30. The hill dominates the landscape and provides artillery spotters with a clear view of advancing Allied troops. Friedrich von der Heydte frustrated following the previous days defeat refuses to lose Hill 30 and vows to defend the Hill to the last man. Will he succeed in stopping the American advance until German Panzer units can reinforce his position a top Hill 30 or will he be over run?
(If Artillery position was not destroyed by Allied units the previous day then Artillery Strike may be called in as long as coordinates can be provided by the OP. However if this is still in German hands it must also be defended if the Commander believes it is critical to the defence.)
• Establish OP to monitor Allied movement up to Hill 30.
• Dig in on and around Hill 30.
• Defend Mortar position on top of Hill 30 until Endex.
• Patrol to the West to search for British units spotted the previous day.
This portion of the battle is defensive; the Germans cannot attack American Aid station.
American units, tired and muddy from a previous days fighting and short on numbers following a hammering from the Fallschirmjager and SS Panzergrenadiers are low on ammunition and medical supplies. Colonel Robert Sink meets with the Officers of Easy Company, “The men of Easy Company did ah fine job yesterday, ah want you to tell em that, mighty fine. Naw get up the gawd damn hill and finish off those damned Krauts!”
(Half the American force must be classified injured until they have found the Aid Post, once this has been found they can regroup with the other group whose task is to find the Ammunition Supply Drop)
• Americans must find Ammunition supply drops and Medical aid station before continuing towards Hill 30. (Until this is accomplished ammunition will be restricted and injured men CANNOT be medic’d and do not qualify for a bandage.)
• Regroup and attack Hill 30 and Artillery position if it is still in use.

British scenario depends on whether they were able to reclaim the documents on Day 1. If they were unable to retrieve them then Day 2 will still revolve primarily around getting them back at all costs.

Following good/badluck the previous day, the Commandos were able/unable to retrieve the documents. British Commandos lay low for the night, their Commander, Captain Young plans a cunning attack against German forces holding Hill 30, from the West.

“We have to get those plans back lads, we just have to!”
OR
On inspection of the plans Young gasps! “They’re only half here! Blast, those bladdy Jerries must’ve taken the maps somewhere else!”

Following previous days recon they have identified a high priority target, Friedrich von der Heydte the commander of the German 6th Parachute Regiment, their objective is now to retrieve the documents and kill or capture Von der Heydte as well!

• Avoid German patrols and only engage in necessary.
• Gather enemy intelligence.
• Attack Hill 30 and retrieve maps.
• Kill or Capture Freidrich von der Heydte.

Hope you like it and thanks to spiers for writing in English :)

Game fee is £45 for the weekend including food Saturday night and breakfast Sunday morning :)
Last edited by taffyjohn on Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.theexsitewales.co.uk/
ImageImage
Is it coz I is Welsh

Welsh and proud

Your all fekin bonkers
TARPEY
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Scenario for WW2 game at the Ex Site May 30 -31st 2009

Postby TARPEY » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:26 pm

CURRAHEE!!!

ImageImage
Sgt.Heide
Fought at the Battle of Hastings
Fought at the Battle of Hastings

Postby Sgt.Heide » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:28 pm

Sounds ok. I was a bit concerned about us Germans being there as targets for the airborne :ghey: boys.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

When I want your opinion - I'll tell you what it is!
spiers
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby spiers » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:56 am

Noooo you get to attack...and defend! I think it's a pretty unbiased game...
Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who will fight!
General James M. Gavin

CRY HAVOC AND LET LOOSE THE DOGS OF WAR

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
TARPEY
Veteran
Veteran

Postby TARPEY » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:56 am

Sounds great! Where do i sign on the line?

ImageImage
oddball

Postby oddball » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:48 am

Nice work!
Watch VidImage
Free speech is expensive these days!
marsha
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby marsha » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:52 pm

i agree great work
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
spiers
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby spiers » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:57 pm

Sgt.Heide wrote:Sounds ok. I was a bit concerned about us Germans being there as targets for the airborne :ghey: boys.

I hope it's ok, there doesn't seem to be mush interest from the German players yet. Since I have a reputation as an Airborne player I tried to make the scenario as fair to both sides as possible. If anything it's going to be tougher to meet the objectives for the Americans. However any criticisms are welcome if the Germans aren't happy with it for a specific reason it could be altered.

EDIT: Thats subject to Taffy agreeing as well though, every stage of the scenario has been agreed on by both of us. This' his show.
Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who will fight!
General James M. Gavin

Wraith666
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby Wraith666 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:16 pm

Cool, that was great, count me in as part of 49 commando, when do the listings go up?
"Will you stop talking about the war!!"
"What, you started it!"
"We did NOT start it!"
"Yes you did, you invaded Poland..."

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gunman
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Gunman » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:04 pm

looks cracking and gutted I cant make it, Just my cup of tea this!! good luck guys, you may well have quite a few of the Gunman D-Day players up for this.
Heer Schmidt
Gary Barton
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby Gary Barton » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:12 pm

Me and the rest of the 16th SS will be there :good:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Steve.D
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Steve.D » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:16 pm

I will be there as German :wink: ,

Steve.D
Steiner
10,000 posts
10,000 posts

Postby Steiner » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:28 pm

Sounds good, Spiers / Taffy. :good:

ImageImageImageImageImage

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier
taffyjohn

Postby taffyjohn » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:46 pm

Not opened the bookings yet :) will do after the CIA members game bookings are done with. I think it is the correct thing to do.
http://www.theexsitewales.co.uk/
ImageImage
Is it coz I is Welsh

Welsh and proud

Your all fekin bonkers
spiers
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby spiers » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:10 pm

Me obviously plus my bro if I can tempt him out of his pit.
General James M. Gavin

Return to “The Battle of Bloody Gulch”