SS, FJ or Abwehr. Who's going as what then?

Discussing 'Die Glocke'
Boshman
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

SS, FJ or Abwehr. Who's going as what then?

Postby Boshman » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:18 pm

Looking at the player listing, I suspect that most are going to be going as SS, but is anyone planning on going FJ or Abwehr?

This could be an opportunity to have an entirely SS squad, which would look great. I may have to finally bite the bullet and get an SS impression together for this one :roll:
“I wanted to come to the Volga at a specific location at a specific city. By chance it carries the name of Stalin himself. So don’t think I marched there for this reason – it could carry another name – but because there is a very important goal... this goal I wanted to take – and you know – we are very modest, we have it already."
Adolf Hitler, November 1942

"Comrades, Red Army men, commanders and political workers, men and women guerrillas! It is on your perseverance, staunchness, fighting skill and readiness to discharge your duty to the country that the defeat of the German-fascist army and the liberation of the Soviet land from the Hitlerite invaders depend! We can and must clear the Soviet land of Hitlerite vermin."
Joseph Stalin, November 1942

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Gadge
Fought at the Battle of Hastings

Re: SS, FJ or Abwehr. Who's going as what then?

Postby Gadge » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:26 pm

Evo and I as SS in feldgrau.

Personally i think we should leave all the camo behind given the nature of the mission, you really dont need a camo smock or cover in those tunnels and we'd look the dogs bollocks 20 of us in feldgrau as other ranks and some ncos...

I'm doing feldgrau tunic and trousers, marching boots, side cap and probably just light belt order.

If you think about the scenario is a specially assembled kommando to do a sneaky mission in a underground complex. You're not going to go in looking like you've come off the Normandy hedgerows :)

(i am however wearing lightweight carpenters knee pads under my feldgrau trousers as i remember how wet those tunnels get and you're kneeling down a lot.)
ImageImage

"I think we are in rats' alley - Where the dead men lost their bones."
HeadShot

Postby HeadShot » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:31 pm

FJ as I'm borrowing Kermit's kit. Might be able to borrow Feldgrau instead though....
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gadge

Postby Gadge » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:32 pm

He's got tons of it! :)

I'm rebadging my heer tunic for this one, 'tis three months away and £10 on new collar dogs and shoulder boards (plus a bit of time for stitching) isn't going to break the bank.
ImageImage

dieselmonkey
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby dieselmonkey » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:34 pm

yep, i'm going for 'generic SS' in feldgrau, like Gadge said.

I think it'll be the best outfit for the job. As a kommando squad/Abwehr support, I don't think camouflage would look 'right', and, as it's a fantasy scenario, i think 'film-sim' would be the look to go for, hence i'm going as basic M40 feldgrau tunic and trousers, jackboots and double decal SS helmet. Not totally accurate by late war, but if you watch old films, they always had double decal lids. :lol:

Aside frothe FJ, where camo would look 'right', It would look amazing if we can get all the SS in feldgrau.
Boshman
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Boshman » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:40 pm

Gadge wrote:Evo and I as SS in feldgrau.

Personally i think we should leave all the camo behind given the nature of the mission, you really dont need a camo smock or cover in those tunnels and we'd look the dogs bollocks 20 of us in feldgrau as other ranks and some ncos...

Totally agree with you there Gadge, would look feckin awesome :twisted:

I will prob purchase another tunic and badge it up as SS for this one. as you say there is plenty of time to prepare.
“I wanted to come to the Volga at a specific location at a specific city. By chance it carries the name of Stalin himself. So don’t think I marched there for this reason – it could carry another name – but because there is a very important goal... this goal I wanted to take – and you know – we are very modest, we have it already."
Adolf Hitler, November 1942

"Comrades, Red Army men, commanders and political workers, men and women guerrillas! It is on your perseverance, staunchness, fighting skill and readiness to discharge your duty to the country that the defeat of the German-fascist army and the liberation of the Soviet land from the Hitlerite invaders depend! We can and must clear the Soviet land of Hitlerite vermin."
Joseph Stalin, November 1942

ImageImageImageImage
Lardassmonkey
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Postby Lardassmonkey » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:40 pm

Looking at the list I think all but about 5 have SS kit (that I know of) already so a full team of SS could be possible. It would certainly look great if we were all representing one unit. It would be good if our commanders were similarly dressed too. Or maybe we could have one as SS and one 'Civilian'- ie party offical/gestopa type overseeing the operation. :good:

I'll be following gadge's example- SS fieldgreys & light belt order but with a helmet & ankle boots.
Last edited by Lardassmonkey on Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
dieselmonkey
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby dieselmonkey » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:42 pm

Lardassmonkey wrote:Or maybe we could have one as SS and one 'Civilian'- ie party offical/gestopa type overseeing the operation. :good:

Though not a leader, i could do gestapo/party official quite easily, as i have an allgemeine uniform knocking around (don't ask) :lol:
Gadge

Postby Gadge » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:44 pm

I wonder if we have time and the facilities to make some very thin cufftitles printed up that say 'sonderkommando' or similar on them (sonderkommando is politically a bit dodgy) that we could tack stitch over existing cufftitles?

Evo just suggested 'geheimkommando' - secret unit...

that might look cool

Sonder kraft would be special force i think.
ImageImage

HeadShot

Postby HeadShot » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:50 pm

Hmmm, I think anything that represents the political faction of the Nazi Party is a bit of a no-no to be honest.

Wearing Allgemeine would be straying very close to the First Rule of CiA.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gadge

Postby Gadge » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:52 pm

I think Evos intention would be to pay an NPC for a kidnap or assasinate scenario..

I mean we had *hitler* at wotan to be fair.

I always thought the intention of that rule was not to play as political ss, having one as an objective shoudl be ok?
ImageImage

dieselmonkey
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby dieselmonkey » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:55 pm

HeadShot wrote:Hmmm, I think anything that represents the political faction of the Nazi Party is a bit of a no-no to be honest.

Wearing Allgemeine would be straying very close to the First Rule of CiA.

Yeah, it was more related to a kill/capture/objective, a'la Hitler at Wotan, rather than running around with my right arm in the air. :lol:
Lardassmonkey

Postby Lardassmonkey » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:56 pm

A cuff title would be pretty cool. I don't mind putting another cufftitle over my existing one, I'd rather do that than have to swap them just for one game. Plus we could always reuse them if required in the future.

Though not a leader, i could do gestapo/party official quite easily, as i have an allgemeine uniform knocking around (don't ask)

I was thinking more along the lines of Civilan clothes- brown coat & trilby or gestapoesk leather trenchcoat. Something sutble but menacing looking.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gadge

Postby Gadge » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:56 pm

fernspahlerkompanie?

thats quite groovy...
ImageImage

dieselmonkey
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby dieselmonkey » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:59 pm

Lardassmonkey wrote:I was thinking more along the lines of Civilan clothes- brown coat & trilby or gestapoesk leather trenchcoat. Something sutble but menacing looking.

I assume(hope!) some of the Abwehr will be dressing like that, which will look cool alongside the SS. I've got a black leather trenchcoat knocking around which i'm happy to lend out if anyone wants it, about 40-42" chest.

Return to “Axis - Private game forum”