Barrie's Guide to the Shoot n Scoot Enfield

A place to discuss WW2 airsoft guns.
No1_sonuk
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Re: Barrie's Guide to the Shoot n Scoot Enfield

Postby No1_sonuk » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:32 pm

McVickers wrote:Clockwise for more hop, anti-clockwise for less hop.

Thanks.
McVickers
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Postby McVickers » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:43 pm

McVickers wrote:Clockwise for more hop, anti-clockwise for less hop.

No, sorry, I'm being thick.
It's anticlockwise (undo) for more hop and clockwise (do up) for less hop, if I remember correctly. It's a 1.5mm grub screw.
Don't loosen/turn it anticlockwise too much or else it'll interfere with/damadge the nozzel when the bolt is pushed back into place.
A Proud Member Of 'Team Spleen!' who play mainly at Gunman Airsoft, Tuddenham, Suffolk.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

No1_sonuk
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby No1_sonuk » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:09 pm

OK. But I think it's a 1.25mm hex - my 1.5mm driver doesn't fit, but the supplied allen key does.
Yith
10,000 posts
10,000 posts

Postby Yith » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:04 pm

You can always get a couple of different springs and change them as needed.

It takes a bit of effort to do, but it's by no means impossible. I suggest chatting to warren about this.
Sent from my WS-18 using Morse.

greedo1980
Veteran
Veteran

Postby greedo1980 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:26 pm

What is the lasting impression of the SS No4 then guys?

I'll be selling my springer Kar98k very shortly and am keen to keep the funds from that in my airsoft "float".
AGM MP40 - AGM STG44 - CYMA Thompson M1A1 - WE P08 4 inch - Marushin M1 Carbine GBB - AGM Sten MkII
Barrie and Anne
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Barrie and Anne » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:52 pm

The only thing I've had to with ours is tighten up the bolt holding the stock on when it started to get loose. Other than that, if you don't touch it and leave it at about 400 fps they are accurate, consistent and pretty rugged.

I like ours, but just regret upgrading one of them.
No1_sonuk
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby No1_sonuk » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:25 pm

Oddly, the bolt on mine has loosened recently.
Is it a slotted-head screw, like the real steel?
Barrie and Anne
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Barrie and Anne » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:16 pm

Sorry for delay. Yes it's a big slot headed bolt. You will need a long screwdriver to get to it though.
warren
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby warren » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:02 pm

i only ever have used original stock bolts,

if any one has Q just ask me direct,

cheers
warren
S&S
team shoot and scoot, TL
No1_sonuk
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby No1_sonuk » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:34 am

Barrie and Anne wrote:Sorry for delay. Yes it's a big slot headed bolt. You will need a long screwdriver to get to it though.

That's not a problem. I have some about 18 inches long...
Waldiebeast
First Posting
First Posting

Postby Waldiebeast » Wed May 25, 2011 1:39 pm

I wish I could afford guns like this :roll: Very cool
GUNS: (ww2)
AGM sten mkII
Classic Army Colt 1911A1 GBB pistol
ARES PPSh-41
Deact Mosin M38
Nurglitch
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Nurglitch » Sat May 25, 2013 10:45 am

I have the new "economy" version. First impressions:

The good:
- the rifle feels "just right" in my hands. It's solid, wood and metal, no dinky stuff. The sound of firing it is very satisfying.
- It is very easy to sight, accuracy seems to be very good. I'll know more once I fire it in anger (or mild irritation) at tacticool people.
- well, it's a No.4! :) It will fool anyone who has only casual knowledge of the rifle

The neutral:
- it really does not like 0.2s. On Devil 0.20 it has serious feeding problems and sometimes I have to remove the mag and snap it back in. On 0.28 (Green Devil Bio BB) it feeds perfectly, not a single misfire and it sucks up all the BBs up to the very last one.
- The wood looks tired, dry and rough. It will get nice and shiny with use and conservation but out of the box it does not look like a rifle that's been freshly issued but rather like one that's been around for 30 years. I know some like that look so I'm marking it as neutral, not bad

The not so good:
- there are enough differences between this one and a real LE to make it unsuitable for re-enactment. The entire receiver section does not really resemble LE, the long range sight is not there, the trigger guard is a bit loose as the screw that attaches it to the receiver in the real No. 4 is missing in this economy version. The butt plate is solid, without the oil bottle hatch.
Butt plate can be purchased separately (some 30 quid on eBay) and will fit. Warren drilled a hole for the oil bottle in the stock so when I swap the butt plate it will be ready to accept the bottle. Sight can also be purchased on eBay. I don't know if it will fit, but I assume it will.
- it feels a bit rushed at times. The ring clasp in the middle of the barrel could be tighter. As it is the upper front wood panel is a bit loose, it yields when pushed. The front sight seems to be slightly off the vertical axis - not enough to affect accuracy but enough to be slightly irritating
- the paint comes off the aluminium very easily, this gun will have to be repainted every few games
- I honestly can't find the hop adjustment, no idea where it is.
- some things about the gun are really not intuitive. Some basic users manual would be useful

The bad:
- the entire mag thing. I know the original mechanism pretty much can't be replicated and some proxy need to exist but the mag works really badly. The release button barely has any movement in it and you have to do really weird finger calisthenics to press it properly. When you do it should release the latch but the mag still has to be pulled with the other hand, which is really inconvenient. Now the weird part. I attached a metal wire loop to one of the mags, a solid one. It actually makes it harder to pull the mag. When I press the release and pull on the loop the mag will not come off. It will come off only when removed by fingers pressing into the recesses. And even weirder part - I can pull out the mag without pressing the release. Often it is actually harder to pull it when the release is pressed! There must be something wrong with internal workings of the latch.
What I would really prefer to the current mechanism is a lever release. It would be fairly easy to do. Pull it half way to release the lock, pull it all the way to eject the mag. That would be really convenient.

Summary: the gun needs work, but I love it already and I'm playing with it a lot. With 0.28BBs it is more reliable and consistent than the tacticool G36C I have. Can't wait to take the LE to the local field and shoot some people with it.
Kitwhore files: S&S Lee Enfield No. 4, AGM Sten Mk. II, Tanaka Kar 98k, WE Luger P08
Wishlist: AGM Stg44, possible LE No. 4 gas project

Return to “WW2 Airsoft Weapons”