how was it for you?

D-Day Italian Campaign - Gunman Airsoft event - Piddington Training area
marsha
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

how was it for you?

Postby marsha » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:41 pm

well what a weekend really enjoyed it team 2 did one hell of a job well done pleasure working with you
Josh you have put on a awesome game can't for the december game
German held off the alies for hell of a long time
useing those anti tank guns was fun sorry to the German for not shouting FIRE loudly i'm abit shy
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
clash
Veteran
Veteran

Re: how was it for you?

Postby clash » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:10 pm

frickin awesome! i mean im physically wrecked, but apart from that awesome!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Komrade
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby Komrade » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:14 pm

Very good day, thanks to Josh for running it, although having that money stolen must've been a kick in the teeth.
I had good fun in Gruppe 2, being very sneaky and flanking the Americans a LOT of times.. Lead to 4 surrender kills (well done for taking those guys)
Brilliant weekend, one of the best airsofting events I've been to!
Anyone know where the photos will be put up?
Last edited by Komrade on Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Will make you a free signature banner. Pm me!
Steiner
10,000 posts
10,000 posts

Postby Steiner » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:17 pm

Really enjoyed the weekend. Fighting from building to building was fun and keeping to the same squad was great.

Great to meet faces old and new (Liz, and crazy Belgians). Ian and Johnny - you two really crack me up - it's like TOWIE and Geordie Shore rolled into one - especially when Ian does his Geordie accent. :giggle:

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier
pvtjohnny
Veteran
Veteran

Postby pvtjohnny » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:18 pm

Congrats on another great Gunman game! Great to see some now familiar faces. Excellent hospitality from all at Dog Co (help ya self to nobe framage)! Spoilt myself for first half of of sat due to a sodding hangover (care of dog co) but felt it added some reality to the scene as several pointed out I had the "thousand yard stare"! Lots of gains and losses around the buildings with lots of casualties winkling the hun out! Eventually taking the guns out and lots of sneaky flanking going on! Loved finishing Josh off with a knife kill. The game today was awesome, with jerry choking our convoy at every step! I was officially the 1st Yank downed and was most perturbed when crawling for cover to find a stick grenade land 6" away! Dead! Getting behind the Dagenham Nazis and gruppe was most fun(dead are ya!)! All nicely slotted and single handedly clearing the crossroads! Then was shot by an equally devious jerry! All in all (barring the hangover) a top, top weekender! :happyclap:
Last edited by pvtjohnny on Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
clash
Veteran
Veteran

Postby clash » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:28 pm

oh yeah, cheers josh for looking after me on saturday night...even though it put your back out...
Mattywheels
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Mattywheels » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:33 pm

I had prior commitments on the Sunday so could only play Saturday, but had a really good day. Hard work attempting to stop the allies advancing along the main road, lots of close action in the thick undergrowth where an enemy could pop up barely feet in front of you! Made the action very tense and exciting! Highlight for me was sneaking round the back of the allied line with my squad (drei section) and taking the re-gen location! Again, very tense moving through the thick undergrowth!

First Gunman game and it won't be my last, big thanks to the organisers and GASS for the site.
ImageImageImageImage
McVickers
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Postby McVickers » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:13 pm

Got in an hour ago; already had a long shower to get me feeling back in the real world again.
A great game indeed, and at a fantastic site too! Cheers once again to goth GMA and GASS.
Seems like my camera memory went a little "tits-up" and I've lost about a quarter of the photos I'd taken (mainly Sunday morning photos), oh well...
I'm glad I got my Thompson fixed in time, and loved the nice range of weapons (and vehicles!) on the field this weekend - cheers to all who put in the extra time and expense to make those happen too.
A Proud Member Of 'Team Spleen!' who play mainly at Gunman Airsoft, Tuddenham, Suffolk.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ww2stu
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby ww2stu » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:39 pm

Been back in for a couple of hours and have just had a good soak and some grub! My first Josh / Gunman event and all I can say was it was amazing. Will deffinitly be booking up for the 3 big games you will be running next year! GASS have also got a really nice site, glad to played there.

Memorable moments,

the first attack on the first day on the buildings about 100M away from allied HQ seemed to take ages to clear, and even when we did within 30 minutes of US / Brit pushing forward the Jerrys had snuck back in and retaken them! Taking the cross roads and holding back the Germans with the help of one of the 30 Cals on the jeep was great. And when we had been hit and had to walk back to the original allied HQ to respawn we had another Jeep there to bring us back to the fight quicker! (and to save our legs!) Going out on combat patrols of 4 and stumbling on a whole Zug (10-12) germans wasn't pleasant. This happened once on the Saturday and once on the Sunday! Getting blown up by one of the AT guns was also intresting! Being in the truck in the convoy was also great. Everyone was so quiet and was thinking about what was about to happen. And thats just a glimpse of some of the great moments across the weekend.

It was nice to meet in person and fight with
Aitch, James, Doug and the rest of the Dog company lads properly. Really good laugh on both the Friday and Saturday social.
pvtjohnny
McVickers
Dagenham Germans (CYA!)
The 2 lads from Belgium and 1 from the Netherlands were a good laugh too!

Photos and video's to follow shortly.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
prideofengland
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby prideofengland » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:10 pm

Had a great time, many thanks to Josh and the other organisers :good: Never played in such a large game before, a very interesting experiance. Nice to see some old faces from Minsk again, The Dagenham Germans, Stoff, Komrade & Alec as well as the regulars.

Good to raise so much money for the Army Benelovant Fund. Pity about the tea leaf but was impressed with the community spirit for Josh's whip round.

It was a real hard fought battle with plenty of ebb and flow, enjoyed being part of Zug zwei and thought we aquitted ourselves well.

Marsha turned out to be quite the artillery expert :)

Bring on Fist of Dust :happydance:

Absolutley knackered now!
Rene "Are you one?"
Gruber "Vell, it vas very lonely on ze Russian Front."
MartinR

Postby MartinR » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:24 pm

A great weekend, very enjoyable and nice to catch up with people. Good atmosphere, excellent standard of play (and the weather was kind for mid November) and not spoilt by the thievery.

High points for me were (finally, after hours of trying) taking Red Bunker in the flank with my airborne chums and wiping out the defenders, along with various engineering jobs. I managed to actually use my bayonet/pick helve mine hunting tool in a game, and only blew myself up twice (still a bit deaf from blowing up the ammo this morning).

I even managed to stab a German with my rubber bayonet (ooer missus), shame he was a prisoner :oops:

I'll get some pics up when I've sorted them out.

Cheers
Martin
"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Yith
10,000 posts
10,000 posts

Postby Yith » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:27 pm

Well after god knows how many years doing WWII airsoft I finally managed to get to my first Gunman event after several aborted attempts.

I can speak for the Doughboys and say we all had a wonderful time.

I'm now working out if it's going to be possible to get to fist of dust...
Sent from my WS-18 using Morse.

clash
Veteran
Veteran

Postby clash » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:45 pm

memorable moments for me must include getting mowed down by machine gun fire in the first 30 seconds of the start of the game, my failure to throw grenades anywhere near their intended target, getting seperated from our unit and then spending an hour trying to get back to them and spending half an hour crawling through a hedge only to get blown up by a grenade and have to go back
Gunman
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Gunman » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:10 pm

Cheers to all for a top weekend and yet another 10/10 WW2 awesomeness weekender.

Cheers to all my marshals in the field and the top level of play in the field. Sat had a few teething probs with guys understanding a few of the rules, but we got there in the end. Sunday was Epic!!!!

Ups.

96 in the field! fook me that was war!
Great site
Effort on Uniform and weapons
Best marshal team in the business;)
The most generous and awesome community I have ever had the pleasere of knowing.

Downs

Teething porbs on Sat
Being robbed lol!
Fogetting to put the radio tower out;( sorry boys!
Gadge MIA (get well soon bud)

We raised £500 for a local charity! please post up a link Coley.

Ill leave you guys to tell your stories as mine invole getting 30 men killed 3 times with poor leadership lol!

Massive lubs to you all.

Josh
Heer Schmidt
Joshua Rose
First Posting
First Posting

Postby Joshua Rose » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:31 pm

Sounds like a great event, wish I could've been there.

Never mind, catch ya'll soon!

:good:
ImageImageImage

"I was fabulous, and it was a bloody good laugh."

Return to “Battle for Anzio city - 19th/20th November 2011”