49%

Total votes: 70
Joker
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Re: No interest guys?

Postby Joker » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:43 pm

Again location for me.

Would cost me iro £140 in fuel + game fees + asst'd gubbins that are always 'necessary' for each game and it's around the £200 mark :shock: .................. and the 4.5 hrs travel time either way makes it a looong w/end.

Game style/limits/expectations are spot on though :good:
Last edited by Joker on Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Terms & Conditions of Sales :
Payment by Paypal only > Cleared funds must be available when deal is agreed - no e-Cheques.
Possible Swaps/Parts-Exs (with regular forum members only) -
* British BD Trousers & Blouse, to fit 48"-50" chest, 40"+ waist, tall fitting/long leg
* British Gaiters/Anklets, not blanco'd, largest size available
Jimmiiee
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Jimmiiee » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:59 pm

It's not that I'm not intrested just as others have said it's too far away

I'd also need a lift

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Chomley-Warner
Site Admin

Postby Chomley-Warner » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:59 pm

Agreed on the distance thing. Well, not so much the distance as the bastard journey - Norwich is a horrible place to get to from my neck of the woods. By contrast Great Westwood was a gem, even though not remotely local.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Universal Gunner
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Universal Gunner » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:13 pm

Chomley-Warner wrote:Agreed on the distance thing. Well, not so much the distance as the bastard journey - Norwich is a horrible place to get to from my neck of the woods. By contrast Great Westwood was a gem, even though not remotely local.

I can sympathise; it is actually exactly the same distance from me as Drakelow - 121 miles but will take me nearly an hour longer to get there.

I am sure it is often a multitude of factors which tip the balance - the journey is difficult enough but will seem worse when it is going to be in the dark and cold etc.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

I have a small skewer hidden in the collar of my jumping jacket, and a razorblade in my gaiter, as well as my knife.
Joseph Porta
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Postby Joseph Porta » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Chomley-Warner wrote:Agreed on the distance thing. Well, not so much the distance as the bastard journey - Norwich is a horrible place to get to from my neck of the woods. By contrast Great Westwood was a gem, even though not remotely local.

thats true CW, i went to UCAP for Project WOTAN on the south coast 7 hours travel, but less of an arse to get to than Norwich (wouldnt do it now though)

JOSH what you need to do mate is get a fooking MOTORWAY put in.

get on the back of the local mp,( allong with every other buisness and event in East Anglia) and get some propper roadage coming your way :D
"Take that you rotton helping of strawberry flan!"
Joseph Porta to "strawberrys and cream", in the sven hassel book ,ogpu prison
Joker
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Joker » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:28 pm

Joseph Porta wrote: ..... JOSH what you need to do mat is get a fooking MOTORWAY put in.

get on the back of the local mp, and get some propper roadage coming your way :D

Get Alan Partridge on the case - if he's against the pedestrianisation of Norwich City Centre he'd surely support decent Motorway access ?? :good: :D :wink:
Terms & Conditions of Sales :
Payment by Paypal only > Cleared funds must be available when deal is agreed - no e-Cheques.
Possible Swaps/Parts-Exs (with regular forum members only) -
* British BD Trousers & Blouse, to fit 48"-50" chest, 40"+ waist, tall fitting/long leg
* British Gaiters/Anklets, not blanco'd, largest size available
MartinR

Postby MartinR » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:52 am

Well, I am coming (obviously) and giving Yith a lift, but the four hour drive each way is a bit of a drag, and like Porta, less than popular with She Who Must be Obeyed. Which is why I'm only doing the Saturday.

I certainly wouldn't have been up for a 24 hour game and little/no sleep followed by a four hour drive back to Sheffield in the middle of winter. Good way of getting yourself killed, especially on those awful single carriageway A roads.

I enjoyed Border Clash loads though, so want to repeat the experience. I just really like playing Russians, although my wife says I don't look much like Jude Law. :)

Cheers
Martin
"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
cuff
Veteran
Veteran

Postby cuff » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:40 pm

distance again josh there are at least 10 of us guys up in sunny midlands that play ww2 airsoft, unfortunately not enough ww2 games round our neck of the woods :(
We are going to try and get to more shoots in the new year :D
Simon
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Simon » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:16 pm

simply timing for me, very early in the new year, so difficult to commit - the good think about most games is the long lead times to prepare and arrange timetable. due to timing on this one, I wouldnt want to commit and then let people down due to other commitments.
ImageImageImage
Gunman
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Gunman » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:16 pm

Well, theres an events worth of people right there already so was a well worth Q and poll.

Keep em coming guys, this is massively helpful for future games.

I must admit I have always thought peeps would travel anywhere for a good old bash up and grateful for all the support on this so far.

Norwich seems to be the main one so far....and by the way...I bloody hate Nowrich lol. Its a cocks hole to get to for me let alone players....still, it is a very good site so maybe net year in the summer! It only takes me another 30 mins and I can get to Eversley!
:slap:
Heer Schmidt
ww2stu
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby ww2stu » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:36 pm

Its only 2 1/2 Hours away from me so travel isnt too bad, just Money and time keep me away.

I personally like to use my own kit as well and only own Yank / Brit. I would feel like crap if I broke something given to me.

Stu
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
bigkie
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby bigkie » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:13 pm

The real factor for me is a bit of having to pick and choose events this year, works been a bit sketchy and other family stuff happening so its going to be one of thoose where i thinks i am going to miss out on a lot of good stuff.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
HeadShot
Fought at the Battle of Hastings

Postby HeadShot » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:38 am

cuff wrote:distance again josh there are at least 10 of us guys up in sunny midlands that play ww2 airsoft, unfortunately not enough ww2 games round our neck of the woods :(
We are going to try and get to more shoots in the new year :D

Huh?? There was a game in Kidderminster a few weeks ago...
Joseph Porta

Postby Joseph Porta » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:00 pm

He was there
"Take that you rotton helping of strawberry flan!"
Joseph Porta to "strawberrys and cream", in the sven hassel book ,ogpu prison
HeadShot

Postby HeadShot » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:52 pm

The plot thickens!

Norwich is a complete bugger to get to though. I once drove there from Lincoln and it took 4.5 hours!

Return to “Behind the Line - 12/13th January 2013 - CANCELLED”