Possible ww2 themed weekend game at close action northampton

More WW2 games here!

Moderator: Moderators

bear
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Possible ww2 themed weekend game at close action northam

Postby bear » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:05 pm

So hang on a minuet, just so I have it clear is seg posting about his own game or the CIA training day?! If he is posting about his own game then we should be saying when a better time would be to run the game instead of say no don't do a game that month?

If it is the CIA game then that is fair enuf. Just seams like we're drifting away from the original question that was asked.
:wink:

Cheers
ImageImageImageImage
Hänschen klein
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Postby Hänschen klein » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:41 pm

When you say themed weekend what does that entail?

I and others would be up for this if it had structure and was not a turn up blatfest
ImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage
Image Image Image Image ImageImageImage Image ImageImageImage
Image Image Image Image Image Image
HeadShot
Fought at the Battle of Hastings

Postby HeadShot » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:47 pm

bear wrote:So hang on a minuet, just so I have it clear is seg posting about his own game or the CIA training day?! If he is posting about his own game then we should be saying when a better time would be to run the game instead of say no don't do a game that month?

If it is the CIA game then that is fair enuf. Just seams like we're drifting away from the original question that was asked.
:wink:

Cheers

Seg posted about running an event in March which was separate to discussions that CiA were having with Close Action about using the Grafton site for a different event in March.

I got in touch with Close Action to clarify and there was confusion about the event, so we cleared that up.

Feel free to suggest to Seg when a good time would be! Though CiA are talking to Close Action about running another event at Grafton in addition to the training day.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
bear
Veteran
Veteran

Postby bear » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:37 pm

Well I would but being a newb of only 6 months airsofting and the same ww2 airsofting, I think the vets and regular game organisers (such as CIA, Gunman ect) would be in a better position. I just thought instead of having our own descution on some one else's thread we could help him out. In my eyes,anyone that try's to put a game on is an asset to our hobby.

I can understand wear you are coming from also. Too many games in the same area and around the same time is bound to have an effect on numbers, and we all want good size teams when playing.

And now Iv ended up going on and on and deviating from the point so I'm gona shut up :roll:

Just trying to get it back to the original topic is all
:good:
ImageImageImageImage
HeadShot

Postby HeadShot » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:43 pm

The point you've missed us that we at CiA are already talking to Seg and his Close Action partner Chris about running an event at their site in March

Seg and Chris go way back in WW2 Airsoft and many on here have attended their games and used their sites to organise games too, I'm sure they know they could rely on our support to organise a game that didn't clash with something we'd already confirmed with them. We just had some crossed wires with this one as we already had their site confirmed for CiA's use in March.

Hope that makes sense.
bear
Veteran
Veteran

Postby bear » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:54 pm

No I dident miss that, I knew he was part of the close action team as I also have talked to them about 4 week ago about using the airfield site. But I put it by the way side for now, being new I thought best not to get caught up in trying to organise something I had only a little experience in.

What I didn't know is that he had such a well versed background in ww2 Airsoft, and that they had already done games of this sort.

I'm not gonna go on about it, as I feel iv already sed what I wanted to say in my previous post so if you would like to carry on this conversation you can PM me if you like. I don't really want to clog up the thread with this.

Cheers
ImageImageImageImage
HeadShot

Postby HeadShot » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:56 pm

OK, event now formalised and announced: viewforum.php?f=230

Return to “Other WW2 events”