How Was It For You? After Battle Reports!

An AGS game to be held at UCAP, Kent
prideofengland
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Re: How Was It For You? After Battle Reports!

Postby prideofengland » Sun May 12, 2013 6:18 pm

and finally
Attachments
PICT0014.JPG
PICT0014.JPG (579.55 KiB) Viewed 664 times
Rene "Are you one?"
Gruber "Vell, it vas very lonely on ze Russian Front."
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ww2stu
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby ww2stu » Sun May 12, 2013 7:02 pm

Have to agree with mc vickers on the start of the day with the brits taking cover in the air raid shelter great way to start the day. The bird scarers going off inside and outside made my heart skip a beat! :lol:
Lots of small props laying around in places added to the feel of the event, also a first at any airsoft / milsim event that I have been too was that everyone got 2 free grenades .... great! Squad leaders also got smoke grenades too. You cant ask for any more than that from the organisers.
Kit was top notch from both sides, glad i took the plunge and brought some KD as so many other brits (including the two brand new players!) wore it and made loads of effort. I certainly have the kness (and the bum aparently to pull it off) :giggle:
The telephone wire across the site

Great game would gladly go to another event you guys put on!

My only points to consider for the next one.

I feel Brits at times could of been done with a bit more organisation. Also a few times when we were over run or when we died (used bandage and hit again) regen wasn't as clear as it could of been. Although none of this took away the fun from the day.

Stu
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
dcheetham89
Veteran
Veteran

Postby dcheetham89 » Sun May 12, 2013 7:59 pm

Well what can I say, what a fantastic day it was, well worth the travel and the prep! A really big thank you to all you guys for the warm welcome, really mean it, felt very welcome from the beginning! Thank you for all the comments on kit too, loved wearing it. I thought everyone looked fantastic, proud to be apart of one hell of a airsoft battle!
Game play was excellent, disarming that bomb was the icing on the cake, really well done to the organisers. Its funny how the little touches add to the whole effect. The air raid at the beginning got the adrenaline going :shock: , heart pumping head down, jumping on the jeep, reports of paras in the area, well what better way to start the day! :twisted:
Hoping this to be the start of many ww2 games, thanks to all players and organisers :good:
Now for a few photos!

Surviving Evacuees
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MartinR
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Postby MartinR » Sun May 12, 2013 7:59 pm

Recovered a bit now, so just to add to my earlier comments, the whole thing was a very immersive experience and what I've come to expect from AGS. Prior to the air raid Corporal Yith had us doing drill, and after the raid our section was sent to hold the mountain.

We spent some time establishing communications back to hq and digging in, a good hour digging trenches and filling sandbags. Our OP spotted German troops about 20 minutes away and we finalised our defences. We had dug in well and the barbed wire channelled the German attack into the killing zone our our mortar and bren gun. The fighting was relentless as we threw back wave after wave of attackers, but our own losses mounted and despite repeated calls to hq for more supplies we eventually ran out of ammo for the mortar and the bren and had to fall back down the mountain.

We made a futile counterattack back up it, but after being slaughtered we just held the road at the bottom. Eventually the Germans made their own attack down the hill and made excellent use of fire and movement to just roll over us. Hats off to the Gebirgsjagers. Our efforts to stop them linking up with the FJ failed and then we were back in the airfield buildings where we held out a surprising length of time. Eventually it was all over and there was nothing for it but run like crazy for the boats. I do a fair bit of running but not usually in ammo boots and full kit, absolutely knackering but brilliantly exciting, especially with lardy running after us chucking grenades.

So, fantastic fun and a great weekend. I put about 2000 rounds through the bren, which is probably more than I've fired at all my other ww2 games put together:)

Cheers
Martin
Last edited by MartinR on Mon May 13, 2013 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

[img]bit.ly/ww2rib/ribbons/DHILL.jpg[/img]ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Moss
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby Moss » Sun May 12, 2013 10:56 pm

I would like to first say a massive thank you to all at AGS for putting on such an amazing event.

Also big thanks to everyone for being so welcoming and friendly to me as a first time ww2 airsofter.

Was great to meet you all, enjoyed chatting to all who were there on friday night and seeing everyones impressive custom builds and kit. Thanks to all who complimented me on my uniform and kit, it's much appreciated :good:

Highlights of the day were; shitting myself at every single grenade, blank and birdscarer that went off! The first firefight with the germans near the naval gun turret, Walking back to re-gen while watching the FJ sneak up on the surviving brits whilst they were eating their lunch. Almost getting deafend in the air raid by one of the birdscarers on the ceiling. The desperate last battle in and around the british HQ. Getting a pistol kill when a hollering FJ charged in firing his MP40 from the hip and shooting each other at the same time and The mad dash back to the docks.

I would also like to thank Dadio for lending me his Tommy gun.

Was good to meet Dan, a fellow ww2 airsoft first timer, had a great time fighting alongside you and all the rest of C section.

Overall, it was one of the most exciting thing I've ever done in my life and I can't wait for the next event!

Huge thank you and hope to see you all again soon.

Dejan :D
ImageImageImageImage
Cheeky Chappy
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Cheeky Chappy » Sun May 12, 2013 11:03 pm

Both you and Dan are great additions to the group. Well done mate. :good:

Steve.
Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage

Hitler was a better dancer than Churchill, he was a better skater than Churchill . . .
Moss
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby Moss » Sun May 12, 2013 11:13 pm

Cheers mate, glad to be a part of such a good bunch.
ImageImageImageImage
dadio

Postby dadio » Mon May 13, 2013 4:53 am

killacommy wrote:Cheers mate, glad to be a part of such a good bunch.

you'r very welcome to the gang and glad i could help
armoury
m1a1 Thompson,sten mk2,mp40,stg44,sterling,mk2 bren gun,lee Enfield no4 mk1,Mauser Kar98, Walther ppk,smith and Weston m10 and Mauser m712
Give me a big enough hammer and a place to stand and I could fix the world.
i'll kill a man in a fair fight or if i think he's going to start a fair fight or over a woman or.......
a problem shared is a problem halved ,but an advantage shared is no advantage at all
if a job's not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
MartinR

Postby MartinR » Mon May 13, 2013 8:48 am

Finally, a few pics.

It was very depressing watching the GJ moving all our sweated over sandbags to make their own breastwork on top of our mountain!

Cheers
Martin
"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

[img]bit.ly/ww2rib/ribbons/DHILL.jpg[/img]ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ian
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Ian » Mon May 13, 2013 9:51 am

Firstly would like to express my thanks and gratitude to the AGS team for putting on yet another great game. :good:
I loved every minute of it, my most memorable moments, when all he FJ moving up on to the first plateaux/field, I looked round and all he guys carrying mines, ammo boxes, extra weapons and the drop canister just gave me a surreal feeling as it looked just like one of the real photo's from the battle. Then on a bit of a fun side and in seconds of moving round a corner, getting a bang kill, my respect o the gentlemen in question, then managing to shot ww2stu in the back without him even knowing I was their made me smile :lol: . I could go on and on, as I said , just enjoyed the whole thing.
Also my thanks to my team mates and leader in Zug Berta. Had a great day with you guys.
The level of kit for both sides was great and the game play was spot on.
Thanks again to all.
Forgot to add, all the pics and video look fantastic well done to the guys taking them.
Armoury: AGM MP40, AGM Sten MkII, K98K/vsr and Maruzen P38.
Seanebabes
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Seanebabes » Mon May 13, 2013 10:05 am

Splendid! That about sums it up for me.
Some pictures. It wouldn't let me load the originals up as they were too big. The ones I've played with are small enough so they are funny B and W dodgy things. Fun though.
The Feldwebel sorts us out. Expecting snow up there Jimbo?
Kreta1.jpg
Kreta1.jpg (678.13 KiB) Viewed 542 times

Morale was good.
Kreta2.jpg
Kreta2.jpg (754.51 KiB) Viewed 542 times

The approach.
Kreta3.jpg
Kreta3.jpg (554.64 KiB) Viewed 542 times
ImageImageImage
Seanebabes
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Seanebabes » Mon May 13, 2013 10:09 am

Turns out I don't know how to loads lots of pictures, so three at a time it is...
The advance continues cautiously up the hill
Kreta4.jpg
Kreta4.jpg (336.03 KiB) Viewed 542 times

The attack goes in... and comes out again. Oopsie! You did have a rather good position there chaps. But eventually our superior fighting spirit triumphed! :whistle:
Kreta5.jpg
Kreta5.jpg (598.34 KiB) Viewed 542 times

For this Tommy, the war is over!
Kreta6.jpg
Kreta6.jpg (726.46 KiB) Viewed 542 times
ImageImageImage
Seanebabes
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Seanebabes » Mon May 13, 2013 10:13 am

The Gebirgsjager relax on top of the hill whilst they regroup before pushing on to the airfield.
Kreta7.jpg
Kreta7.jpg (534.11 KiB) Viewed 541 times

The MG is moved into a position to command the heights and the panorama below (and well done the MG team for lugging that around).
Kreta8.jpg
Kreta8.jpg (532.62 KiB) Viewed 541 times

Your correspondant posing for a picture to send home to Mumsie.
Kreta9.jpg
Kreta9.jpg (542.37 KiB) Viewed 541 times

Hurrah die Gams!
ImageImageImage
Yith
10,000 posts
10,000 posts

Postby Yith » Mon May 13, 2013 11:07 am

An excellent event!

In particular the morning was great... right from the initial march down from the safe zone (B-Section showed how it should be done...), foot drill, air raid, march up the hill and digging in... setting up lines of fire, and then repelling the Gebirgsjager over and over again with accurate Mortar and Bren gun fire. We were only pushed back when the bren ran out of ammo.

Thanks to the rest of B-section for putting up with me as their NCO!

Thanks to Boshman for being the perfect British Army Major. I really do hope you can be pulled out your usual field grey to reprise the role again sometime!

Thanks to all AGS for putting on a great event...

and finally...

The World Record for "Most knees at an airsoft event" has almost certainly been beaten!

The one downer was that Wladek, Barrie and Anne couldn't make it! :(
Sent from my WS-18 using Morse.

Wladek

Postby Wladek » Mon May 13, 2013 11:56 am

Sounds brilliant, you gits ;).

and yes:
Seanebabes wrote:Your correspondent posing for a picture to send home to Mumsie.

I was expecting shorter shorts, but I'll let you off. Excellent.

Return to “The Battle for Crete - 11th May 2013”