Hello from Japan

Wecome to the forum , please say hello and take time to have a read of the rough guide, it may save you some time getting up to speed.
TokyoTommy
Raw Recruit
Raw Recruit

Hello from Japan

Postby TokyoTommy » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:08 am

Hello everybody.

I'm a Brit living in Japan looking to get into some period air soft. Ive been lurking around for a few weeks now as this site has such a wealth of knowledge! To be honest I am actually more interested in putting together
an early British Korean war set of kit but I thought Id have more success picking the brains of you chaps here in regards to equipment and load outs than a more modern day site. :good:

I planning to put my kit together slowly, funds being a major factor but also as researching and learning about the kit and period is really interesting. :) As Ive seen mentioned on the site many times, Its better to ask before buying any kit so here I am!

If/when I return to the UK I would love to join some of your games as compared to the open day blatfests Ive experienced before they look amazing! Also if anyone needs anything from Japan airsoft wise I would be more than happy to help out (for a few beer tokens of course :rofl: ).

Thanks.
TokyoTommy
Kendo
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Hello from Japan

Postby Kendo » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:45 am

TokyoTommy wrote:I'm a Brit living in Japan--

Oh, well, you'll want to put together a Chindit inpression, surely! :twisted:

Welcome to the forum! What is it you do out there, out of curiosity?
'ABSIT OMEN'
TokyoTommy
Raw Recruit
Raw Recruit

Postby TokyoTommy » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:33 pm

I will admit the thought did cross my mind but I always feel like I'm in a scene from faulty towers when it comes talking about the war here. :whistle:
Kendo
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Kendo » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:39 pm

I've seen some mental videos on YouTube of airsofters in Japan, and you get folk running around as American GIs and Marines! Can't imagine a sweaty Brit with a big beard, denim shirt and a SMLE will cause too much trouble. :rofl:
'ABSIT OMEN'
TokyoTommy
Raw Recruit
Raw Recruit

Postby TokyoTommy » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:13 pm

Aye when you look at it that... Maybe on the future to do list ;)
raffles
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby raffles » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:41 pm

Welcome to the forum!
oddball says -
A good spuding it's Welsh Sharia Law
McVickers
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Postby McVickers » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:03 pm

Hello & welcome!

A set of jungle greens would do you good for both impressions!
A Proud Member Of 'Team Spleen!' who play mainly at Gunman Airsoft, Tuddenham, Suffolk.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

MartinR

Postby MartinR » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:05 pm

Hello and welcome.

Korean loadouts aren't vastly different to WW2. 37 pattern webbing (I guess with the late pattern entrenching tool handles and steel fittings?), 49 pattern BD, turtle helmet, ammo boots and maybe a leather jerkin and/or greatcoat to keep the cold and rain out.

I've no idea of Korean Era webbing was blancoed, hard to tell from photos.

Cheers
Martin
"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

[img]bit.ly/ww2rib/ribbons/DHILL.jpg[/img]ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Taro_Ryuzaki
Just Out of Training
Just Out of Training

Postby Taro_Ryuzaki » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:12 am

Hi Tommy!
There is a good WW2 airsofting scene in Japan. I tried it out last year, see here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fzIevyJ1EI
Being the only white guy in a WW2 game was weird haha
Colonel Tigh117
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Colonel Tigh117 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:56 am

Hello and welcome to the forum
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Kendo
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Kendo » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:39 pm

Taro_Ryuzaki wrote: There is a good WW2 airsofting scene in Japan. I tried it out last year, see here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fzIevyJ1EI

That video made my day.
'ABSIT OMEN'
TokyoTommy
Raw Recruit
Raw Recruit

Postby TokyoTommy » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:15 pm

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I'm currently spending a lot of my free time reading as much Korean War related material as I can get my hands on and have a rough outline of what impression I would like to go for. :) stand by for more updates!
Siggi
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Siggi » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:19 pm

Tokyo was where I began my long association with airsoft, back in 1990 before AEGs were developed. |Picked it up again in Kyoto in '95. The land of zombies. Lol. :D
TokyoTommy
Raw Recruit
Raw Recruit

Postby TokyoTommy » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:59 pm

Hello again there all. I do apologise for the lack of updates. Work, moving, family all takes its dues. :( However I have slowly been continuing my research and getting a few bits and pieces together when funds allow. I have settled on a couple of impressions I want to go for.

I am aiming for a late 1950/ early 1951, 29th Brigade impression! The tales of the Battle of the Imjin were just too much to resist. Ideally I would like a winter load out and a fairer weather load. The kit for the 29th is a real interesting mix of late ww2 and late 40s, also the common occurrence of "acquiring" things from the yanks allows for some fun! I will hopefully have some pictures of my own bits and pieces soon but a lot of them are sat at a relatives in the UK waiting to be shipped over here. Still the issue of finding a non ktw enfield too :( I wonder if shoot and scoot can do a sub 1 joule rifle shipped to Japan? :shock: :lol:

KOREAN WAR, ROYAL NORTHUMBERLAND FUSILIERS. © IWM (BF 10117)IWM Non Commercial Licence
TokyoTommy
Raw Recruit
Raw Recruit

Postby TokyoTommy » Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:04 pm

Kendo wrote:
TokyoTommy wrote:I'm a Brit living in Japan--

Oh, well, you'll want to put together a Chindit inpression, surely! :twisted:

Welcome to the forum! What is it you do out there, out of curiosity?

Sorry sir, I failed to answer your question! A year late but better than never! I teach English which is the staple of many a foreigner out here. :rofl: Not that I am any good at it mind you :roll:

Return to “New To The Forum? Please Look Here First”