Expressions of interest and help...Kent game.

More WW2 games here!

Moderator: Moderators

paule
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Expressions of interest and help...Kent game.

Postby paule » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:55 am

No. They wanted a minimum number paying £35. And for us to do everything. I suggested they have a chat with gunman, they said they would but have since gone very quiet. If you look at the zander game which looked very promising only 2(!) allies me and lord elpus and six axis have signed up so I don't know how healthy the scene really is......
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Hänschen klein
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Postby Hänschen klein » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:59 am

paule wrote:No. They wanted a minimum number paying £35. And for us to do everything. I suggested they have a chat with gunman, they said they would but have since gone very quiet. If you look at the zander game which looked very promising only 2(!) allies me and lord elpus and six axis have signed up so I don't know how healthy the scene really is......

I think by the look of our May Game 80 plus people the scene is pretty healthy. Even the game in October far away as it is has a fair few booked and the game in July is well supported.
ImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage
Image Image Image Image ImageImageImage Image ImageImageImage
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Zero Bravo

Postby Zero Bravo » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:05 pm

I think you need to consider what you want to achieve. If you want to run a game you want to play, you have to be able to run it for small numbers and getting a site owner to open up their site for little or no return isn't easy. We are hoping to revive the rifles only game ideas next year and we are preparing for ten a side, a few have asked why are you restricting your player base so much, the answer is running a game we want to play.
If you want or need to get bums on seats you need to be looking at what the player wants and that currently seems to be single day games, late war to be inclusive with camping and a social.
There are some that think this is all a bit vanilla but that's the great thing about the wide and varied nature of this forum, it gives many different people the opportunity to play or run a variety of different games. I really do hope you manage to get a game off the ground and as said before if we can be of any help then please don't be afraid to ask :good:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
EGreenM
Just Out of Training
Just Out of Training

Postby EGreenM » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:49 pm

Hi all,

Just to add to this discussion, I'd definitley be up for attending something like this.

As I'm away all this summer the next game I'll be going to is the Ruhr Pocket in October.

Is there a possibility of a something happening in August/September?

Thanks,
Ethan
Image ImageImageImage
paule
Veteran
Veteran

Postby paule » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:06 pm

The may game was awesome with brilliant attendance.

I think for the organisers here who clearly know what they are doing and good at it too the fan base is definately there.

But for outsiders to come in and put on a game it seems a real uphill struggle (I refer back to Zander).

Of course I could be talking out of my bottom....

Perhaps in a year or two I will have more knowledge of the scene/scenarios/ props etc and confidence to go for it...

I did have a long chat to Ryan who marshals at apocalypse and came to tim's game - he actually felt apocalypse couldn't run a ww2 game there at all.
sly
Just Out of Training
Just Out of Training

Postby sly » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:22 pm

the site is key, without it there is no game. apocalypse sounds expensive and not very accommodating. there is bush valley at lenham, they might be up for it. ace combats site is very limited and probably not worth it. there is zed adventures battle lakes over at frant, though I do not get on at all with the chap running it currently.
make tea not war
paule
Veteran
Veteran

Postby paule » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:17 pm

That's quite interesting. I have played once at bush valley and absolutely hated it. A so called ww2 game I was the only one dressed ww2 and the only one without a modern gun. But i had a really good chat to the guy who owns it all, he was really interested in my gear and the ww2 scene and would be v accomodating I'm sure. Something for me to pursue I think..,. Good idea.
sly
Just Out of Training
Just Out of Training

Postby sly » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:57 pm

I meant the site itself, the site has potential. their open days are a bit mediocre. I would suggest run it with out them, potentially just see if they would open their burger wagon but the game side remove from them and just rent the site.
make tea not war
Shane24
Raw Recruit
Raw Recruit

Postby Shane24 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:05 pm

:o is this still an open topic, as it sounds amazing, I would defiantly drive to Kent for this, and if anyone in the Birmingham area wanted to attend i would be willing to bring them along too so if this is still something in works I fully support
:D Shane :happyclap:
paule
Veteran
Veteran

Postby paule » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:34 am

it is something that may come off next year or may not. Yes it was gonna be without the families input, we will just have the place to ourselves I think if we are going to do it.

Let me see how amenable they are and how much they would want then I will come back for some ideas
Allenby
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Allenby » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:01 pm

The problem is that people aren't going to be so willing to drop £35 for a WW2 game on an unknown quantity. By the time you've factored in petrol, everything else, you can be majorly out of pocket for a game that quite frankly was shite.

The bar's quite high on WW2 games in terms of not only the scenario (and kit standard to an extent... though that can be overlooked) but in the standard of play. I've been to Apocalypse, it's a decent site, staff seemed friendly enough and it would probably work fine for a game. It's making the scenario pukka enough to generate enough of a buzz to get people to commit to it when they haven't done one before.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
paule
Veteran
Veteran

Postby paule » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:28 pm

The bar is indeed high. I have yet to go to a poor Ww2 game. The effort which is put into them by the organisers is exceptional
Allenby
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Allenby » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:07 pm

Just go for it mate. Negotiate a price with the site owners, make a scenario, advertise it and do the best you can. Ultimately something will go wrong (it always does) and no plan survives first contact with the paying punter, but honestly there's no reason you wouldn't be able to give it a good go. I'd give it a go. :good:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Hänschen klein

Postby Hänschen klein » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:16 pm

Also as I said before spread the work with others who want to help then ask for expertise from other organisers. I will be willing to help out with that Just PM me if you need advice thoughts ideas etc
ImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage
Image Image Image Image ImageImageImage Image ImageImageImage
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Return to “Other WW2 events”