Thankyou

Combat South Woodland, Fareham

Moderator: rabbitspacker

Hänschen klein
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Thankyou

Postby Hänschen klein » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:25 pm

Thanks to all the organisers and special thanks to Steve. Having put on many games its hard work which sometimes go un noticed. :happyclap:

Great day met some New people and the Old faces Hmmm Jimbo Glynn and fremsley but you know always a pleasure never a chore shooting you. :rofl:

Thanks to peter for amazing Pyro as always Boom Boom Peter you rock.

thanks to my Fallschirmjäger squad we performed a s a squad all day and really gave the allies a damned good thrashing but they fought back as good as they got so thanks for that. :good:

Only have a couple of pictures which I will up load when i get the chance.

Hope to see all of you in the field soon.

:happyswing:

PS Hats off to the people who brought vehicles they were great really makes you think you are there we knock the socks of the Modern Airsofters :D
ImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage
Image Image Image Image ImageImageImage Image ImageImageImage
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Hänschen klein

Re: Thankyou

Postby Hänschen klein » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:29 pm

some pics
Attachments
20171007_091529[1].jpg
Hänschen klein

Postby Hänschen klein » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:46 pm

Pics
Attachments
Picture12.jpg
Picture11.jpg
rabbitspacker
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby rabbitspacker » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:07 pm

Hi folks I would like to thank all of you who made it a great day, thanks to the lads that brought the vehicles, pyro Pete and his barrage also Doc for helping me, and Combat South for the loan of their site, :good: :good:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImage
jerry a trick.
Veteran
Veteran

Postby jerry a trick. » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:19 pm

Cheers for the day.
I hope all the Germans liked the barrage around the village & I hope I can help out & do it all again at another game.
In my mind it adds so much to a game if it's done in a safe manner.
See ya soon
Peter :happydance: :happyswing:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image
Zero Bravo

Postby Zero Bravo » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:40 pm

Great day at a fantastic site, thanks to all for your effort :good:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Doc combat south
Just Out of Training
Just Out of Training

Postby Doc combat south » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:10 pm

ImageImage
Doc combat south
Just Out of Training
Just Out of Training

Postby Doc combat south » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:17 pm

Thank you to you amazing people that take the time to come along and support the event. I am so very glad the weather was kind and that today went well. I always look forward to the WW2 event at the site. A massive thank you to my amazing buddy who has worked so hard to bring this event together, He made signs, Maps, the scenario. hours making props and his own time and money into trying to give the game a good start. The amazing Rabbitspacker that is Stephen Jewer . Amazing . Thank you to Peter for the time and effort you took preparing and delivering the pyrotechnics in the village. Thank you to Gordon and all the amazing FHR for your support today. I hope that you all had a good time.
Doc Steve Combat South
ImageImage
paule
Veteran
Veteran

Postby paule » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:52 am

Firstly many thanks for putting the game on. As usual I always enjoy the Ww2 days and the work that goes into them is immense and appreciated.
May I offer my view from the British though. We had three objectives. Each at a certain time but for whatever reason we ended up sitting around for hours. Also having a meal break in the field and then moving on only to be told to go back and wait an hour as we had finished our lunch too early sort of defeats the eat when you can idea. Just a thought you could have let's us take the village while they eat and then they would have had to fight for it....
Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the day and would come again even with the 430 start for me.
But perhaps some sub objectives available to squads might be worth thinking about?
But to end on a positive well played all and hopefully see some of you in December? A great day.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
philthy
First Posting
First Posting

Postby philthy » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:10 am

Hi folks , many thanks to all the organizer's for a fantastic day sincerely and a pat on back for our pyro man for pyros in & around Village really added to atmosphere , excellent , I spoke to loads of people and they say same thing when is the "next one" at Combat South , there is a massive gap in the year with nothing on , you may get smaller numbers but you will get takers.

Hope to see a posting for the next Combat south
Soon

Thanks again

Phil
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
rabbitspacker
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby rabbitspacker » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:16 am

Thanks for all your support over the few years I have put on events this was my last one. I am no longer organizing events but hope that Gordon and his group will hire the site in the future. Thank you all again for your support :good: :good:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Engineer
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Engineer » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:36 am

We had a good social on Friday night and enjoyed the morning in the vehicles, bit of confusion on sat , as to was there lunch or not ?so we carried on and then took vehicles back to base and came out on foot, the 8 of us had a great time attacking the bridge and village. Thanks Steve and all who helped set up the game. Nice to see Pete again and still carrying more bangers than the UXB squad :lol:
rabbitspacker
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby rabbitspacker » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:29 am

In the game detail it did not say say eat in the field just a short break, sorry there was some confusion, I do try to make sure the event details and game rules etc are all covered on the forum. :oops:
rabbitspacker
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby rabbitspacker » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:30 am

Thanks Steve doc for the video on you tube :good: :good:
razorlight
Veteran
Veteran

Postby razorlight » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:48 am

Cheers to all the crew at Combat South for their efforts and the guys who bought their vehicles!! Highlights of the day for me were the Battle at the fuel dump. The allies got so close to taking it and when they finally launched a mass charge, we had dropped back and there was no one in there. The fight for the Bridge in the afternoon - pyro, smoke, mortars - what more could you ask? Cheers to Phil, who, I thought did a good job leading and organising our squad.

I think in hindsight, maybe the lunchtime thing could have gone better. I can understand why the allies were hacked off if they were going a launch an attack and were told to come back later as the krauts are having their bratwursts.

All in all a very enjoyable day and good to see some new faces (as well as the old ones of course)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Ruhr Pocket, Germany 1945 - 7th October 2017”