Webley fps downgrade

A place to discuss WW2 airsoft guns.
mr cake
Veteran
Veteran

Webley fps downgrade

Postby mr cake » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:16 am

Hello all, has been many years since i have posted on this page! WW2 airsoft in NZ has grown a bit in popularity here which is fantastic and is keeping the likes of me rather busy, ill be sure to post some pictures of recent events.

anyhoo I have recently purchased a webley c02 revolver and (unlike other brands that appear to be common in the UK) is doing a staggering 380-400 fps out of the box. This is obviously a little bit too hot for my liking, so do any of you have any tips on how to reduce the fps on it? or can it not even be done?
"monsieur gateau" your local New Zealand forum browser
Lord Elpus
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Re: Webley fps downgrade

Postby Lord Elpus » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:29 am

I have one these pistols and quite like the fact that it knocks out nearly 400fps, so I leave mine as it is.
There is “power down” shells available, that are made for a different pistol but do fit in the Wembley/ Enfield pistol. I will find out which ones they are, I have been told which ones..........but I’ve forgotten!
BootedFeet
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby BootedFeet » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:51 pm

If you buy the 'power down' shells for the Dan Wesson series you can remove the brass restrictor from them and put them in the Webley shells, works just fine. If you've got access to a lathe you could probably make the inserts yourself! :)
I've fired a bullet on every continent. Nearly hit someone, too.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
mr cake
Veteran
Veteran

Postby mr cake » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:11 pm

thanks very much booted feet :) ill give that a whirl, have you done it yourself? i thought those particular shells wouldnt fit in the webley, i would never have thought about taking the rubber end off them and put them into the webley shells! :good:

I hear that some people have gotten green gas adapters for them as well but I think that might be placed into the "too hard basket"
"monsieur gateau" your local New Zealand forum browser

Return to “WW2 Airsoft Weapons”