Collar Liner

Reference information and uniform and kit Q&A

Moderator: Lardassmonkey

Komrade
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Collar Liner

Postby Komrade » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:37 pm

Hello all, I want to do some 'finishing' to my Ruskie kit, and I've seen and heard about collar liners being sewn in. I have the Obr 35 gym, and have found some resources, but because the pictures don't work, i'm a bit stuck!

http://www.red-alliance.net/forum/index ... pic=8195.0

And these are some pictures of a liner in an M88 post war uniform , is that size roughly??

Without

With
ImageImageImageImageImage
Will make you a free signature banner. Pm me!
Sasha
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Collar Liner

Postby Sasha » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:41 pm

You can use any bit of white cotton. It should stick up the width of a matchstick above the collar.
Special Department.
First Posting
First Posting

Postby Special Department. » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:01 am

Da!, It is neaty tacked in as you change it each evening Comrades, if you use a folded piece of cloth you get a nice edge over the top of your collar, 2mm ( one width of a match stick) and you get four wears of the collar liner each night removing it and refolding it before you need to replace it completely for another one which you wash it wash for use again.

A clean Collar Liner each day indicates a Reconstructor who understands something of the Red Army/Soviet/ Russian Federation Army, like having a Sharp Pencil and a Note book with no loose pages, A comb, a Clean Hanky, your Identity papers and a Needle with a length of white thread ( to fit collar liners) in your Head Gear, all regulation items you would be expected to have at all times, and can be asked for during inspections.

A Good Gag if you are doing a Red Army/Soviet/Russian Fed Soldier is when you are at a briefing always take notes in your Note book so you are clear on all points, normal to them and good to get in the habit doing.

Collar Liners are a Norm, if you are a Progressive Reconstructor/Air Softer you work to Norms.

:D
Komrade
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby Komrade » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:39 am

Thanks all :good:
ImageImageImageImageImage
Will make you a free signature banner. Pm me!

Return to “Soviet Uniforms and Kit”