Webley MARK VI co2 revolver

A place to discuss WW2 airsoft guns.
Dom_e
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Webley MARK VI co2 revolver

Postby Dom_e » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:59 pm

Nex89 wrote:If it is too powerful I'm undecided what to do. Can you get restrictors that will fit these shells? Unless I return it, it adds up to spending more money and my wallet is a bit light after this and a recent SOF binge. :oops:

If there are no restrictors available on the market (I've not seen them) I'd be more than happy to make some up for you, removable ones at that!
Custom airsoft guns and ready-made kits: http://vintageairsoft.wordpress.com

Buy kits here: http://etsy.com/uk/shop/VintageAirsoft? ... _shop_menu

You can also LIKE our page on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thevintageairsofters
Granger
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Granger » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:38 pm

After getting one from the wife I've got to say I love this gun. Only problem is its shooting at 440fps. Anyone had anymore ideas about reducing the fps?
Regards,

Ralph

Image Image ImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Universal Gunner
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Universal Gunner » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:04 pm

Granger wrote:After getting one from the wife I've got to say I love this gun. Only problem is its shooting at 440fps. Anyone had anymore ideas about reducing the fps?

Airsoft World are selling these:

http://www.airsoftworld.net/dan-wesson- ... shell.html

Now the shells don't fit but you can break them open and take the restrictor out and put it in the Webley shells and it brings the fps down to 280. Having said that I can't help thinking that a wildly inaccurate high powered pistol is exactly what the 0.455 Webley was...

Incidentally Airsoft World currently have the Webley in both Black and Battlefield finishes at £150.00. I can see no excuse for everyone not having one of these, certainly at Road to Rome I think 50% of the Brits had them. They are a thing of beauty.

Cheers
Charlie
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

I have a small skewer hidden in the collar of my jumping jacket, and a razorblade in my gaiter, as well as my knife.
Granger
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Granger » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:31 pm

That certainly looks like my best bet to get the fps down to site legal limit but 280 fps seems a bit unfair on the webley. Probably get some to try out.
Regards,

Ralph

Image Image ImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Kendo
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Kendo » Sat May 16, 2015 8:15 pm

Bit late with these, but thought I'd post some pictures of the hop mod I did to my Webley. Followed the instructions on how to do it off the excellent Nagant tutorial that's kicking about on the net. Had to fiddle about with the o-ring I used, as initially it was blocking the BB in the barrel! Got there in the end, though, and it has much better range now. :happyclap:

^ This was taken shortly after I started. Small round file with the barrel locked safely in a vice.

^ Taken after glueing and trimming the o-ring. I used very fine sandpaper to scrape off the excess and make it flush with the outside of the barrel.

^ The results! I neatly wrapped a few layers of tape around this end to keep the barrel from rotating during fitting and firing. Seems secure enough, but time will tell (there are more complicated, permanent solutions to stop this though).

If I can do it, anyone can. :wink:
'ABSIT OMEN'
Nex89
Just Out of Training
Just Out of Training

Postby Nex89 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:33 pm

Thanks for sharing the pics Kendo. Out of interest, how do you remove the inner barrel from the frame?

At some point I might try my hand at the hop mod, as the power down restrictors make it skirmishable, but pretty much neuters the range. Not that it had much in the first place!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Kendo
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Kendo » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:53 pm

Nex89 wrote:Thanks for sharing the pics Kendo. Out of interest, how do you remove the inner barrel from the frame?

^ Remove the smaller of the screws at the hinge with a flathead screwdriver

^ You will now be able to swing the small lever up, which will allow you to remove the cylinder.

^ Tap out the small recessed pin and the silver barrel mounting will pop out, allowing you to remove it and the barrel entirely.

Hope that helps! 8)
'ABSIT OMEN'
Jay7
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Jay7 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:12 pm

Wish I could find one of these,seem to be out of stock everywhere.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Universal Gunner
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Universal Gunner » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:34 pm

Jay7 wrote:Wish I could find one of these,seem to be out of stock everywhere.

Airsoft World seem to have them:

http://www.airsoftworld.net/webley-mk-v ... rades.html

Cheers

Charlie
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

I have a small skewer hidden in the collar of my jumping jacket, and a razorblade in my gaiter, as well as my knife.
Granger
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Granger » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:52 pm

Patrolbase too but they're £50 dearer than airsoftworld.
Regards,

Ralph

McVickers
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Postby McVickers » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:43 pm

Just got myself one of these from Airsoft World today. Not had a chance to try it, but rather pleased with it, though the 'blued' finish on my "war finish" version, looks not a nice/even as others I've seen (and I even got to pick the best looking one they had out of the two they proffered to me when I asked if I could see more than one after the first one looks rather aweful)...
A Proud Member Of 'Team Spleen!' who play mainly at Gunman Airsoft, Tuddenham, Suffolk.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

McVickers

Postby McVickers » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:49 pm

Universal Gunner wrote:Airsoft World are selling these:

http://www.airsoftworld.net/dan-wesson- ... shell.html

Now the shells don't fit but you can break them open and take the restrictor out and put it in the Webley shells and it brings the fps down to 280.

If anyone has any friends with one, it's worth buying a bulk load (25) of them from here; http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321648486067 (no connection to seller)
Which gives you 25 of them for £34.99 delivered. The equivilent 25 would cost you £41.64 delivered from Airsoft World.
A Proud Member Of 'Team Spleen!' who play mainly at Gunman Airsoft, Tuddenham, Suffolk.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Jay7
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Jay7 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:54 am

Finally got one from SOF at a not unreasonable price,its very nice,proper hand cannon. :good:
ImageImage
ImageImage
Jay7
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Jay7 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:26 pm

www.milspecsolutions.co.uk

This place has spare Webley shells,bought a dozen,very quick turnaround on the order.
They look like power down ones as well,not had chance to chrono them yet though.
ImageImage
ImageImage
McVickers

Postby McVickers » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:33 pm

Sgt.Heide wrote:I've modded my Nagant to be sub 350 using green gas in a PPS cartridge.

Just for reference for anyone who wants to go this way, it appears to be the PPS gas cartridge product PPS-0027 which should fit the MkVI, PPS does manufacture another gas cartridge which is very similar that they've designed for the replacing the CO2cartridge in their K98, but it appears bigger and is the product PPS-0028.

Cheapest place I've found so far (including p&p) is from eBay shipped from HK:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PPS-Steel-CO2 ... 1672380820

BTW: the ones that AirsoftWorld are selling appear to be the PPS-0028, which are fatter and may not fit (read the review):
http://www.airsoftworld.net/12gramme-re ... ingle.html

Return to “WW2 Airsoft Weapons”