Mosfet and rewire, M1a1

A place to discuss WW2 airsoft guns.
Lord Elpus
Veteran
Veteran

Mosfet and rewire, M1a1

Postby Lord Elpus » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:05 pm

After collecting a few bit together over the last few weeks, got around to fit a Gates mosfet to my Thompson, with deans connectors, a new wire section done with upgraded wire,.....just in case I want to run 11.1 lipo on it.
Granger
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Re: Mosfet and rewire, M1a1

Postby Granger » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:34 pm

Sounds good. I've been meaning to put in mosfet's for a few of my guns. At the moment only the Sten has one in.
Regards,

Ralph

Image Image ImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

kingmaker
First Posting
First Posting

Postby kingmaker » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:27 pm

Hi you don't have to spend at lot of money to put a mosfet in your gun,,i odered Four 3034 mosfet switches and 20 resistors from RS components for around £10.only two resistors are used on each unit.
I would normaly only fit a mosfet inthe folowing scenarios
1. If i had a battery over 8.4v,it saves trigger contacts from burning up
2 if i had a mirositch trigger,these switches often dont last long under high currents,it depends on the type.i think manufacturers are using better ones these days ,but they seemed to draw a lot of complaints in the past.
3 if i had a gun with insane fps or rate of fire.But i don't personaly

If you have a 350 fps gun at 12 -14 rps i think it is an over rated upgrade,you only gain a say 20% more shots out of your battery life.
Some m4's need a full rewire to accomadate mosfet wiring there is not much space if the battery is in the stock.
Often on forums i read from the other side of the pond and they rave about this or that upgrade,i think they exagerate.High
ROF means you waste loads of ammo and high fps is dangerous and you gun breaks every other game.
If you are buying a ready made mosfet ,it is usful to have low voltage cut off for your lipo batteries,and also self resetting fuse built in,also you can have burst control,personaly i feel i can do this with trigger control,but if you have a full auto only gun,you can set it to 1 round burst so you then have a semi auto gun.This is useful if a game is declared semi auto only.
However the mosfets with all these last 3 ffeatures are pricey,and its a big loss if the electronics fry themselfs thats not unknown.
Lord Elpus
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Lord Elpus » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:26 pm

The main reason I fit mosfets, is trigger protection, this works. On some of my guns (nearly all second hand) have had burnt trigger contacts, since fitting mosfets, no problems. I can put in 11.1v batteries for a bit of fun, rof is great! I don't wreck the guns as I said just a bit of fun.
There is a company called Airfet, these are only £19.00. Easy installation. Burst wizard are good too, about £29.00. The Gates mosfets can be expensive, but you don't have to buy them! They start about £18-£19. Again easy installation.
I have a test bed AK 47, to try things out on, at the moment Gates nano hard fitted, 11.1v lipo, short stroked gears, sector chip, torque motor, knocking out 1273 bb's per min! For the last five weeks or so, .......not broke yet! Must have put 4000 through it so far.
I know this is not interesting to the ww2 clan, but I get just as much fun from messing around with things like this, as I do from taking part in games.
I don't mind pushing things to the limit on My test bed guns........learning curve!

Return to “WW2 Airsoft Weapons”