Hello from Birmingham

Wecome to the forum , please say hello and take time to have a read of the rough guide, it may save you some time getting up to speed.
jj94
Raw Recruit
Raw Recruit

Hello from Birmingham

Postby jj94 » Wed May 17, 2017 6:46 am

Hi there,
I'm new too airsoft in general,I know absoloutely nothing about the tactics or skills and am completely new too reenactment, I'm looking at playing as wermacht or the likes,I understand the grange and fireball are close too me(Birmingham) but are there any other groups portraying specifically Wermacht near me? Towards 1944/1945 perfect.

Also,can anyone recommend good books and learning material for beginners please(I shall now also look through the forum for that information) also). I really want too both airsoft and reenact the wermacht tactics etc.

Thanks for your patience! And hopefully we'll play each other soon enough.
cjw957
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Re: Hello from Birmingham

Postby cjw957 » Wed May 17, 2017 12:22 pm

Hi Jed :)

presuming you the person who emailed me as well :) so will answer here for all of it :)

ok kit wise, the best starting point is the kit guides at the top of this forum :) some great stuff there, and some ideal pointers.

I can't speak about the Grange as never been but as Fireball I can answer, the standard game is what's called a walk on game and is the first Sat of the month, with mixture of all kits from ww2, Nam , modern, future to double denim with a game theme that could be just made up for the day or a bit of planning before hand , but any kit goes, Guns can be booked to try this and maybe the best starting point to try airsoft first and learn the basics, these tend to be a lot more shooty and less tactical to a degree than say a ww2 game, but at least you can see if you like the basics of Airsoft, with little cost. Also if you do get into it and want to buy stuff, its far easier to buy guns with the UKARA defence, which in short means you must have played 3 games at the same site/company in no less than 2 months, when you have that you can buy airsoft guns without them been 50% bright horrid colours :)

lots of great site around Brum area, though I am biased to Fireball :) and lots of WW2 players in the midlands

If you like it then, then the next good step is to try to get to a game, often at games, there may be some loan kit etc, normally on a break it tear it, you replace option as it tends to be other players kit

The ww2 games tend to focus on a slower more tactical squad base play, often a lot less shooty than the standard walk on, not always but mainly. with the squad following orders through a chain of command, rather than ooh look there's the enemy charge...

as per groups, not sure, there are not that many airsoft groups left, more a mixture of teams and folks that get together for games

any questions just ask away :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Stanley
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Stanley » Wed May 17, 2017 5:09 pm

Wilkommen!

As Cjw says...check out the kit guides up top, which will get you going in the right direction.
Before you buy anything....try a couple of open days to see if you like airsoft in general. Again, as already pointed out these are a bit more gung-ho than a ww2 event but at least you'll find out if getting hit disagrees with you.

As with Fireball, the Grange has an open day 1st Saturday of the month for u18s/ beginners, tho a fair few regulars go on these days too. I usually go and there's nothing more satisfying than watching a enemy group in modern kit trundling back to respawn muttering 'bloody German'.....:giggle:ok doesn't happen that often.
Grange also have open days on other weekends through the month, sat and sun.
Fireball, you'll get to see more varied kit by the sounds of it.

There are a few other sites within easy driving distance of Brum.
One, near alcester that I cant remember the name of at the minute. Penkridge, Telford, Southam.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
jj94
Raw Recruit
Raw Recruit

Postby jj94 » Wed May 17, 2017 6:21 pm

I've heard about you, I do hema at the grange and I heard there was an airsofter who did this! I heard you've got awesome kit! I will come along for sure!
Perhaps if we get on we can form a heer team or the likes and combine reenactment and airsoft? I'm interested in learning all I can tactically especially ww2 tactical tactics and the likes, you know can, camo,traps mp44s etc

As for the fireball squadron gentleman,it was me indeed,I respect your sharpness and shall come along some day as I want too take as many people on as I can or else how do we grow?

Thanks for your support
quote="Stanley"]Wilkommen!

As Cjw says...check out the kit guides up top, which will get you going in the right direction.
Before you buy anything....try a couple of open days to see if you like airsoft in general. Again, as already pointed out these are a bit more gung-ho than a ww2 event but at least you'll find out if getting hit disagrees with you.

As with Fireball, the Grange has an open day 1st Saturday of the month for u18s/ beginners, tho a fair few regulars go on these days too. I usually go and there's nothing more satisfying than watching a enemy group in modern kit trundling back to respawn muttering 'bloody German'.....:giggle:ok doesn't happen that often.
Grange also have open days on other weekends through the month, sat and sun.
Fireball, you'll get to see more varied kit by the sounds of it.

There are a few other sites within easy driving distance of Brum.
One, near alcester that I cant remember the name of at the minute. Penkridge, Telford, Southam.[/quote]
jj94
Raw Recruit
Raw Recruit

Postby jj94 » Thu May 18, 2017 8:23 pm

I can't get the messenger working seemingly sorry guys
MartinR
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Postby MartinR » Mon May 22, 2017 6:02 am

Best advice above already. Try out Airsoft at a normal open day or three to see if you like it and before shelling out a ton of cash.

If you like it, and fancy WW2, then get along to a game, have a look at the kit guides etc.

Tbh, if you want to do reenactment, you are better off joining a reenactment group. Different kind of hobby. Some of us do both.

Anyway, have fun and see you at a game soon.

Cheers
Martin
"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, PPsH and various pistols and cold war stuff

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “New To The Forum? Please Look Here First”