Redfire/PPS/King Arms Mosin Nagant Help

A place to discuss WW2 airsoft guns.
EvilMonkee
First Posting
First Posting
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:53 pm

Redfire/PPS/King Arms Mosin Nagant Help

Postby EvilMonkee » Tue May 22, 2018 6:15 pm

Anyone able to assist me with some photos of a PPS Mosin Nagant trigger sear/unit? Picked up a cheap boneyard Mosin and the trigger unit is knackered/missing.
ImageImage
Lord Elpus
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme
Posts: 644
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:48 pm

Re: Redfire/PPS/King Arms Mosin Nagant Help

Postby Lord Elpus » Wed May 23, 2018 11:13 am

If you got it real cheap, well done. Now try thinking of converting it to a springer.
You will be very lucky to find parts for this rifle, and even if you do, you will be disappointed with it's performance, and wouldn't be very long before you broke it again.
Andy
User avatar
askhati
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 255
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:05 pm
Location: South Africa

Re: Redfire/PPS/King Arms Mosin Nagant Help

Postby askhati » Wed May 23, 2018 12:43 pm

Buy yourself the WinGun M44 Carbine, and drop those internals into the long stock and fittings of the M1891. Gives you a solid CO2 bolt-action with a reliable magazine system.
User avatar
hcompany
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:09 am
Location: Oxford

Re: Redfire/PPS/King Arms Mosin Nagant Help

Postby hcompany » Wed May 23, 2018 1:45 pm

askhati wrote:Buy yourself the WinGun M44 Carbine, and drop those internals into the long stock and fittings of the M1891. Gives you a solid CO2 bolt-action with a reliable magazine system.


Evilmonkee, do this, then I'll buy the remains of the Wingun (stock, external metal etc) from you
User avatar
askhati
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 255
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:05 pm
Location: South Africa

Re: Redfire/PPS/King Arms Mosin Nagant Help

Postby askhati » Thu May 24, 2018 9:19 am

I have one of the WinGun carbines myself, just looking for a long M1891 now to drop it into. One can never have too many reliable bolt-actions! (especially something as versatile as a long Nagant)
User avatar
hcompany
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:09 am
Location: Oxford

Re: Redfire/PPS/King Arms Mosin Nagant Help

Postby hcompany » Thu May 24, 2018 9:32 am

askhati wrote:I have one of the WinGun carbines myself, just looking for a long M1891 now to drop it into. One can never have too many reliable bolt-actions! (especially something as versatile as a long Nagant)


How good is the Wingun carbine? I've been looking at getting one but reviews seem a bit mixed
It'd be to run sub-350 FPS as a carbine, mostly for my girlfriend
EvilMonkee
First Posting
First Posting
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:53 pm

Re: Redfire/PPS/King Arms Mosin Nagant Help

Postby EvilMonkee » Thu May 24, 2018 10:22 am

Well, I have sourced the missing part from Fire Support so going to see if I can resurrect it.

Re the Wingun - does it fit seemlessly?
ImageImage
User avatar
askhati
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 255
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:05 pm
Location: South Africa

Re: Redfire/PPS/King Arms Mosin Nagant Help

Postby askhati » Thu May 24, 2018 11:00 am

hcompany wrote:How good is the Wingun carbine? I've been looking at getting one but reviews seem a bit mixed
It'd be to run sub-350 FPS as a carbine, mostly for my girlfriend


Pros (for me):
- magazine removeable; can buy extras; has integral allen key fitting for piercing the CO2 bulbs
- smoothest and lightest cycling action I have ever handled on an airsoft bolt-action
- all the metal bits are solid and decent steel(?); no crappy Asian pot metal
- FPS adjusts on the magazine, so you can have a sub-350 magazine for close quarters, or a 500 FPS for sniping (depending on local regs)
- firing sound = sounds like a bone breaking

Cons:
- no hop-up
- plastic stock (extremely rugged though)
- very short internal barrel; not sure on ease or compatibility of upgrades
- mags don't fit in Mosin-Nagant pouches (as with almost every other WW2 rifle)

Your girl might find the weight a bit of a handful though. I'm a 6'0 guy with huge hands, so it suits me perfectly.

EvilMonkee - not sure about the ease of the transplant. I'm sure a bit of dremel work should suffice though. Hardly the same complexity of turning a VSR-10 into a Kar98K (for example).
User avatar
hcompany
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:09 am
Location: Oxford

Re: Redfire/PPS/King Arms Mosin Nagant Help

Postby hcompany » Thu May 24, 2018 12:16 pm

Thanks, very helpful
EvilMonkee
First Posting
First Posting
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:53 pm

Re: Redfire/PPS/King Arms Mosin Nagant Help

Postby EvilMonkee » Thu May 24, 2018 12:25 pm

How does teh FPS adjust on the magazine? This is the first mention I have seen of this...
ImageImage
User avatar
askhati
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 255
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:05 pm
Location: South Africa

Re: Redfire/PPS/King Arms Mosin Nagant Help

Postby askhati » Thu May 24, 2018 1:49 pm

EvilMonkee wrote:How does teh FPS adjust on the magazine? This is the first mention I have seen of this...


Let me confirm with my squad-mates (they also run M44's) and I'll get back to you on that. Haven't spent much time tinkering on my own one in ages - I made the mistake of building a Maxim PM1910 HMG, so guess what I now have to use every time we do Ostfront... :giggle:
EvilMonkee
First Posting
First Posting
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:53 pm

Re: Redfire/PPS/King Arms Mosin Nagant Help

Postby EvilMonkee » Thu May 24, 2018 6:05 pm

Thanks appreciate it
ImageImage
User avatar
Tankgunner
Just Out of Training
Just Out of Training
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:42 am
Location: Moscow, Russia
Contact:

Re: Redfire/PPS/King Arms Mosin Nagant Help

Postby Tankgunner » Fri May 25, 2018 11:48 am

EvilMonkee wrote:Anyone able to assist me with some photos of a PPS Mosin Nagant trigger sear/unit? Picked up a cheap boneyard Mosin and the trigger unit is knackered/missing.

https://shop.ehobbyasia.com/king-arms-steel-piston-lock-for-mosin-nagant-1891-gas-rifle.html
Here you are, this one should fit. S&T/RedFire/etc. are generally the same. ZetaLab has a different screw pattern.
With best regards,
Alexey (Tankgunner)
Weapons: Mosin44, Mosin38, DT-29, Nagant, Bren gun, Enfield No.4 Mk.1, Webley
User avatar
askhati
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 255
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:05 pm
Location: South Africa

Re: Redfire/PPS/King Arms Mosin Nagant Help

Postby askhati » Tue May 29, 2018 11:38 am

askhati wrote:
EvilMonkee wrote:How does teh FPS adjust on the magazine? This is the first mention I have seen of this...


Let me confirm with my squad-mates (they also run M44's) and I'll get back to you on that. Haven't spent much time tinkering on my own one in ages - I made the mistake of building a Maxim PM1910 HMG, so guess what I now have to use every time we do Ostfront... :giggle:


I spoke in haste: there is no FPS adjustment on the mag, my squad-mates confirmed now. Apologies for that.

They did however mention that if you take one of those green gas reservoirs that are shaped like a 12g CO2 bulb, and run the gun that way - on green gas instead of CO2 - the FPS would be considerably lower. Not sure what the legal limits are for you guys at your various sites, but that might be an option to get it safe for CQB?
EvilMonkee
First Posting
First Posting
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:53 pm

Re: Redfire/PPS/King Arms Mosin Nagant Help

Postby EvilMonkee » Tue May 29, 2018 8:29 pm

That was my backup plan truth be told.
ImageImage

Return to “WW2 Airsoft Weapons”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google and 0 guests