M44 Carbine Conversion

A place to discuss WW2 airsoft guns.
YankeeBravo
Raw Recruit
Raw Recruit

M44 Carbine Conversion

Postby YankeeBravo » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:50 pm

So the M44 Carbine I bought from Evike arrived today. Absolutely love it. However I'm looking to get a second bolt and modify it to be like the bent ones for a sniper conversion project. Does anybody know if the 4.5mm air rifle version of this has the same bolt design?
Second question: Has anyone converted it into a full length rifle before and if so where did you get the stock for it? I have a bone yard KA Mosin Nagant that if need be I'll use for the project but I'd rather fix it up instead.

Cheers

YB
EvilMonkee
First Posting
First Posting

Re: M44 Carbine Conversion

Postby EvilMonkee » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:33 pm

I would use the KA Nagant - I am in the same position. I have both as well, I am fairly certain that the barrel from the KA will transfer across to the Wingun as they look to be made in the same factory. Not tried it yet though.
ImageImage
YankeeBravo
Raw Recruit
Raw Recruit

Postby YankeeBravo » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:33 pm

Yeah I've been considering my options and to be honest its my best bet. I think I will use the KA Mosins action for some kind of obrez build at a later date.

Also when removing the stock from the M44 Carbine, I cant seem to get the action away from the main stock body. I've studied the exploded diagram and can't see any more bolts that need un-doing. Is it that it just needs a bit of force applied when pulling the stock off?
askhati
Veteran
Veteran

Postby askhati » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:57 am

I recently took mine apart for a similar conversion - send pics of how far you got with the disassembly process, you might be missing a pin somewhere.

Return to “WW2 Airsoft Weapons”