Discussion thread. Kit, scenario, general chat.

A Close Action game

Moderator: seg

Sizzolo
Raw Recruit
Raw Recruit

Re: Discussion thread. Kit, scenario, general chat.

Postby Sizzolo » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:51 pm

Really looking forward to the game. 60 players so far - good stuff! So, two questions;

> are single shot sniper rifles also set to max FPS of 370 with .2’s?
> for German 506 volks grenadier, is Camo allowed or should it be standard grey (for the late war Heer). I have a nice set of reversible white smock/trousers so I’m praying for snow (lol) but would be interested to know if the splinter/marsh Camo on the reverse is ok. (Seems some games reserve Camo for ss identification). If not I’ll stick with standard late-war coat, etc.

Cheers,
Ed.
Langnasen
First Posting
First Posting

Postby Langnasen » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:35 pm

Bolt actions are max 500fps (30m med).

Heer used camo in abundance and there's been no ruling against it here (why would there be :) ).

:)
Image Image Image Image
Granger
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Granger » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:38 am

Wattsy wrote:Quick question Seg.
i might have another lad coming with me, i can kit him out in my spare british infantry uniform & helmet, but iv only got spare P58 webbing. would that be a suitable stand in for P37? also given the lack of british infantry, would they be folded in with the para unit?

cheers

I've got a Bren skeleton vest he could use. Also depending on what size he is I have a Battle Jerkin to lend out.
Regards,

Ralph

Image Image ImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Wattsy
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Wattsy » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:02 pm

Granger wrote:
Wattsy wrote:Quick question Seg.
i might have another lad coming with me, i can kit him out in my spare british infantry uniform & helmet, but iv only got spare P58 webbing. would that be a suitable stand in for P37? also given the lack of british infantry, would they be folded in with the para unit?

cheers

I've got a Bren skeleton vest he could use. Also depending on what size he is I have a Battle Jerkin to lend out.

he is scrawny mate. no where near as well fed as us. :whistle:
i like the sound of those two vests though, going to be googling them now.

Edit: the battle jerkin looks like a cracking bit of kit. much better thought out than the american d-day assault vest.
Current ww2 armoury
King arms Thompson, ICS M1 Garand, ACM ZB28, ICS M3 Grease gun, ACM M1918 BAR, Kjw M1911, 2x WE Highpowers, Kwa Tokarev, Webley VI, PPS Bazooka, AGM STG44, Custom M1919 .30cal
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image
seg
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby seg » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:11 pm

Parking is fine and yes to the extra British Infantry. I will sort the sections out
Allenby
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Allenby » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:31 pm

[quote=]he is scrawny mate. no where near as well fed as us. :whistle: [/quote]

You two are perfectly formed.

Don't ever be told any different! :ghey:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
dadio
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Postby dadio » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:05 am

I've just been looking at the weather for Saturday , could be snow :good: but could be sleet and rain with a max temp of 3° :( , that's right in the goldylocks zone for hypothermia ! Might be a good idea to have waterproofs under your uniform or use rain capes if you have them :good: hopefully we get some nice snow in the morning and no rain .
armoury
m1a1 Thompson,sten mk2,mp40,stg44,sterling,mk2 bren gun,lee Enfield no4 mk1,Mauser Kar98, Walther ppk,smith and Weston m10 and Mauser m712
Give me a big enough hammer and a place to stand and I could fix the world.
i'll kill a man in a fair fight or if i think he's going to start a fair fight or over a woman or.......
a problem shared is a problem halved ,but an advantage shared is no advantage at all
if a job's not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
dadio

Postby dadio » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:10 am

Langnasen wrote:Bolt actions are max 500fps (30m med).

Heer used camo in abundance and there's been no ruling against it here (why would there be :) ).

:)

Can we get a confirmation of this as the rules make no mention of any weapon above 370fps ? , I'd be kind of surprised to see sniper rifles used at a ww2 game ?
armoury
m1a1 Thompson,sten mk2,mp40,stg44,sterling,mk2 bren gun,lee Enfield no4 mk1,Mauser Kar98, Walther ppk,smith and Weston m10 and Mauser m712
i'll kill a man in a fair fight or if i think he's going to start a fair fight or over a woman or.......
a problem shared is a problem halved ,but an advantage shared is no advantage at all

ImageImageImage
Langnasen
First Posting
First Posting

Postby Langnasen » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:25 pm

Uh oh, here we go, "there were no snipers in WW2!" Lol.

If you'd been following the general discussion on facebook you'd know the ethos debated was one of as wide an inclusion as possible to stop putting people off WW2 milsims. We've had enough of that control-freak BS. ;)
Image Image Image Image
Langnasen
First Posting
First Posting

Postby Langnasen » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:33 pm

Actually you're right, it does need to be clarified. It says "1. Aeg's and single shot skirmish weapons 370fps. ".

Bolt-action rifles are hugely disadvantaged against full-auto ones if the rifle has no greater power than an SMG, which is why 500fps has always been the rule for bolts. Having a scope on it is incidental.
Image Image Image Image
dadio

Postby dadio » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:29 pm

I don't use the book of many faces so know nothing of the debate you speak of but I do feel somewhat taken aback by your agressive attitude to a simple question , are you on the planning committee for this game Langnasen ? Or would it be better to allow one of the game planning committee to answer the question ?
I virtually only use a sub 350 fps bolt action rifle at all WW2 games I go to so I'm fully aware of their strengths and weaknesses , my favourite games are bolt action only games , I feel that I'm in no need of a lecture from a relatively new forum member .
This is a friendly forum please let's keep it that way .
armoury

ImageImageImage
Universal Gunner
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Universal Gunner » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:43 pm

Langnasen wrote:If you'd been following the general discussion on facebook you'd know the ethos debated was one of as wide an inclusion as possible to stop putting people off WW2 milsims.

1. Advertising and booking are on here
2. Where on Facebook? I have seen no mention of it on the Ultimate Paisley Underground 1980s Psychedelic / Neo-Psychedelic Scene page nor on Strictly Come Dancing 2018
3. Not everyone's on Facebook...

Langnasen wrote:Actually you're right, it does need to be clarified. It says "1. Aeg's and single shot skirmish weapons 370fps. ".

That does actually seem perfectly clear.

Langnasen wrote:Bolt-action rifles are hugely disadvantaged against full-auto ones if the rifle has no greater power than an SMG, which is why 500fps has always been the rule for bolts. Having a scope on it is incidental.

This will be my 48th WW2 Airsoft event and apart from a very few the rule has always been 350-370fps for all guns. Sorry.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

I have a small skewer hidden in the collar of my jumping jacket, and a razorblade in my gaiter, as well as my knife.
Langnasen
First Posting
First Posting

Postby Langnasen » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:52 pm

Sorry Dadio, I'm afraid I took your original comment as passive-aggressive. Apologies if it wasn't. I did use "lol" and a smiley, there was no aggression intended. :)

It's been clarified via PM with Seg...scoped bolts are 500fps, 30m MED, non-scoped are 370fps (though I've put the case for having them at 500fps also). :)

Maybe 450fps, ala traditional non-scoped DMR rules at every skirmish and milsim I've been to (quite a few, non-WW2). :)
Image Image Image Image
dadio

Postby dadio » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:32 pm

On a different subject ,to all the Brit Airborne are we going with maroon berrets or with helmets ? Nice if we can all agree on a unified look if poss , I know we didn't have Hugo Boss but we can try damn it :giggle:
armoury

ImageImageImage
agent orange
Veteran
Veteran

Postby agent orange » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:40 pm

dadio wrote:On a different subject ,to all the Brit Airborne are we going with maroon berrets or with helmets ? Nice if we can all agree on a unified look if poss , I know we didn't have Hugo Boss but we can try damn it :giggle:

I have both, but as rain is forecast maybe helmets?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “The Battle of La Roche en Ardenne - 15th December 2018”