A&K M1 Garand problem

A place to discuss WW2 airsoft guns.
Chairborne
Raw Recruit
Raw Recruit

A&K M1 Garand problem

Postby Chairborne » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:41 am

I already posted this on several forums, but i am posting here also in hope someone encountered similar problem.
I have problem with my a&k m1 garand, feeding problems to be precise. Can't find any solutions online so i am posting here in hope someone has encounter this problem and have some idea how to solve it. Replica is fully upgraded and the gearbox is working flawlessly, magazines are lubricated (i have 6 of them and and neither one doesn't seems to work including the stock one). Magazines are pretty loose inside the replica and the best guess is the magazine catch is not working properly. Any idea about this?

Ok here is the list of what i have done (replica is brand new except the upgrade is put in).

Tried feedeing bbs directly and it works fine.
Tried pushing the magazine without magazine plate directly on feed tube and it works fine.
Magazine catch in the front won't catch magazin fully so I tried to rub off some material off of it but i am cautious beacuse if i remove too much there is no turning back.

Problem is when I assemble everything (replica and magazine with magazine plate) it simply won't feed. I am asking here simply to see if someone already had this problem because i am to scared to remove more material from magazine catch. Also tried it on another a&k m1 garand and magazine catch is in the same position as mine so it's highly unlikely that the magazine catch is the problem.

Thank you in advance!
Lord Elpus
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Re: A&K M1 Garand problem

Postby Lord Elpus » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:26 am

Most magazines won’t feed if not pushed “home” onto the feed spigot of the hop unit as the little spring holding catch won’t release the pellets, this is why when you push the mag in, it works, when you release your holding push the mag drops, even though it may be ever so slightly the holding catch is released and stops the pellets.
This happens when the hop spigot wears, or the magazine wears, also the mag catch can wear on older well used guns.
I’ve worked on g&g and ics Garands but not A&K put up some photos, ........and stop filing bits off.
Chairborne
Raw Recruit
Raw Recruit

Postby Chairborne » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:01 am

Ok, here are the pictures (magazines are brand new there is no sign of wear)

Lord Elpus
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby Lord Elpus » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:00 am

Good pic’s, I seem to remember reading somewhere that the mags for this model were held in by friction, where’s The mag catch?
It doesn’t look like you have any worn parts, yet you say the mag is loose when fitted. The mags for most of these guns don’t have to be tight fitting but movement should be minimal.
On M4’s when loose mags cause a feed problem, I stick a strip of Velcro in the mag well to take up the slack ( a well known cure) this seems to work most times. On other guns that have loose mags, I have added thin strips of aluminium ( beer can!) superglued to the mag catch to take up the slack and hold the mag onto the hop unit spigot.
Andy

Return to “WW2 Airsoft Weapons”