AGM MP40 3D printed upgrades

A place to discuss WW2 airsoft guns.
dadio
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

AGM MP40 3D printed upgrades

Postby dadio » Fri May 10, 2019 11:53 am

This has been on my list for a while , the AK hop mod is pretty good and way better than the original but you lose the mounting screws and its not butted against the gearbox either so the only things supporting it are the barrel , nozzle and the mag well liner . I've designed this to be a direct drop in replacement compatible with a stock barrel and hop rubber , it utilizes the stock adjuster parts .What you see is just a prototype but its pretty close now .
More to follow including hopefully a new mag well liner that allows King Arms and stock mags to fit without forcing them .
armoury
m1a1 Thompson,sten mk2,mp40,stg44,sterling,mk2 bren gun,lee Enfield no4 mk1,Mauser Kar98, Walther ppk,smith and Weston m10 and Mauser m712
Give me a big enough hammer and a place to stand and I could fix the world.
i'll kill a man in a fair fight or if i think he's going to start a fair fight or over a woman or.......
a problem shared is a problem halved ,but an advantage shared is no advantage at all
if a job's not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
dadio

Re: AGM MP40 3D printed upgrades

Postby dadio » Sat May 11, 2019 6:27 pm

The Hop is now working , i just need to fettle the printing process and i just got the first Mag Well finished as seen below but I'm still tweaking it to get a really snug fit , as it is it just drops in like the original but accepts both AGM and King Arms mag and feeds well , the original was a very loose fit though so I've tries top improve it a bit.
armoury
m1a1 Thompson,sten mk2,mp40,stg44,sterling,mk2 bren gun,lee Enfield no4 mk1,Mauser Kar98, Walther ppk,smith and Weston m10 and Mauser m712
i'll kill a man in a fair fight or if i think he's going to start a fair fight or over a woman or.......
a problem shared is a problem halved ,but an advantage shared is no advantage at all

ImageImageImage
cjw957
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby cjw957 » Sun May 12, 2019 9:48 am

Very cool must dust off my 3d printer lol, though just bought another 1 and still have a resin 1 boxed in my garage to look at 1 day (only been there 6 months lol)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Lord Elpus
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby Lord Elpus » Sun May 12, 2019 11:20 am

This is great stuff! Maybe I’ll have to commission you to make some Sten type hop units, as the originals of those are pretty pony, as well.
Also want some side loader hops for some other projects that will feed from the side. :good:
dadio

Postby dadio » Sun May 12, 2019 3:48 pm

Lord Elpus wrote:This is great stuff! Maybe I’ll have to commission you to make some Sten type hop units, as the originals of those are pretty pony, as well.
Also want some side loader hops for some other projects that will feed from the side. :good:

Its quite a time consuming process , you start by modelling it in a computer aided design program ,then run it through a slicer program , print it and test it , during printing various bits may not come out the right size , for instance if i want a 10mm hole i need to design it with a roughly 10.2mm hole , outside dimensions are usually closer but its always design , print , test , redesign , reprint , test etc etc .... and that's if you designed it right in the first place .
The hop and mag well i wanted for my own gun so time is no object and if other people might want them i can just print more as i now i have a finished product , as a customer project its going to eat time and while I'm happy to do it you might choke at the cost , the hop took the best part of two days solid work to get right , say 16 hours .....
armoury

ImageImageImage
Lord Elpus
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby Lord Elpus » Sun May 12, 2019 7:16 pm

Explanations are not needed Gavin, I’m already having parts made, from a guy in Braintree. He runs 4 printers, the trouble is he’s very busy with other stuff to do, so it takes weeks with him to get results. Plus he doesn’t understand the “airsoft connection” as you do, but no probs, I’ll persevere with this guy for a while, there is another guy doing airsoft parts on a printer, local to me......just can’t locate him at the moment!
dadio

Postby dadio » Sun May 12, 2019 7:27 pm

If you can send me an STL file I'll happily print it for you as that's pretty easily done , I didn't mean to teach you to suck eggs .
armoury

ImageImageImage
dadio

Postby dadio » Mon May 13, 2019 3:56 pm

I now have a final version of the hop unit and I'm just printing what I hope will be the finished mag well liner .
These parts will be for sale soon if anybody wants them , the hop does have some printing artifact around the adjuster area but functions well , the mag well looks very good .
MP40 Hop will be £8
MP40 Mag well liner £5
armoury

ImageImageImage
dadio

Postby dadio » Wed May 22, 2019 7:15 am

Little update , I was using the hop at the weekend in my mp40 , it fed flawlessly and the accuracy was good , the mag well was fitted as well and again no issue with it at all , happy days !
armoury

ImageImageImage

Return to “WW2 Airsoft Weapons”