Gun pattern to card

A place to discuss WW2 airsoft guns.
Lord Elpus
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Gun pattern to card

Postby Lord Elpus » Mon May 27, 2019 2:42 pm

I don’t know how other people do it, but if I’ve got paper drawings printed out they seem to get messy very quickly in the workshop area, so I transfer mine for rough sizing to cardboard this gives me a full size look at things when doing the builds. Some guns I’ve had to size from photos only, so this way also gives a sense of proportion and can be amended easily. Wood stock shapes are sometimes transferred to thin ply and cut out, so I can copy from them again.
Andy
Attachments
42C2A2DA-EE43-43DC-B668-BB9C6F4E7F9F.jpeg
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
kingmaker
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Gun pattern to card

Postby kingmaker » Wed May 29, 2019 10:27 am

Rolls of cream lining wallpaper does it for me,you get loads for little money,is thick enough do transfer pattern to metal and draw around with a marker,lasts well,and with a symmetrical pattern
you can fold it on the centre line and only draw half the shape,and then cut it out folded,,get it flat and held with bulldog clips and blue tack,or it will not be fully symetrical.Takes up less space than card also.
Image ImageImageImageImageImage
dadio
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Postby dadio » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:54 pm

Both really good ideas , I've used pritt stick to glue paper patterns to metal prior to cutting with fair success .
armoury
m1a1 Thompson,sten mk2,mp40,stg44,sterling,mk2 bren gun,lee Enfield no4 mk1,Mauser Kar98, Walther ppk,smith and Weston m10 and Mauser m712
Give me a big enough hammer and a place to stand and I could fix the world.
i'll kill a man in a fair fight or if i think he's going to start a fair fight or over a woman or.......
a problem shared is a problem halved ,but an advantage shared is no advantage at all
if a job's not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
kingmaker
Veteran
Veteran

Postby kingmaker » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:38 pm

Yes, some times making a good accurate engineering drawing and them glue it to the metal to cut out is the way to go,you can photo copy it if you are doing more than one.If its sheet metal you can cut it with a beverley
shear 1mm wide cutting disc on and angle grinder works wonders to,less distortion .wear eye and breathing protection allways..
Never had anything laser cut for an airsoft gun,too low volume to justify it.
kingmaker
Veteran
Veteran

Postby kingmaker » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:34 pm

kingmaker wrote:Yes, some times making a good accurate engineering drawing and them glue it to the metal to cut out is the way to go,you can photo copy it if you are doing more than one.If its sheet metal you can cut it with a beverley
shearand a 1mm wide cutting disc on and angle grinder works wonders to,less distortion .wear eye and breathing protection allways..
Never had anything laser cut for an airsoft gun,too low volume to justify it.

Return to “WW2 Airsoft Weapons”