Notifications
Clear all

What to wear? What to shoot?

Page 1 / 2

(@prideofengland)
Noble Member

Exellant news regarding game on. I have MG's if the Germans need them but I would not want to spend all day firing one myself as for me bolt action rifles are a big part of the fun, but you are welcome to use them Craig.

Also the other question is do I spurn my usuall German comrades for the chance to go as The Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders? a regiment with close ties to my city of birth, not only can I wear a Tam O'Shanter and perhaps a Glengarry for the social but I get to have the battle cry of "Greeeen Ar-my"

Of course will need to rebook by dog sitter before booking on the game :slap:

Topic starter Posted : 24/04/2013 7:35 pm

(@wladek)
Famed Member

Floppy hats get 'em every time ;)

An MG would be great. They are best used with a rotating I think anyway, unless someone wants to man the gun all day, that is cool too. :D

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/04/2013 9:51 pm

Seanebabes
(@seanebabes)
Reputable Member

Also the other question is do I spurn my usuall German comrades for the chance to go as The Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders?

Mr England! How could you even think it? :(

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/04/2013 9:55 pm

(@prideofengland)
Noble Member

Mr England! How could you even think it? :(

I know but its a regiment I always fancied doing, and I get to look more of a geek than I normally do, we will see :?:

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 24/04/2013 11:30 pm

(@prideofengland)
Noble Member

Floppy hats get 'em every time ;)

An MG would be great. They are best used with a rotating I think anyway, unless someone wants to man the gun all day, that is cool too. :D

Good plan :good:

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 24/04/2013 11:30 pm

Universal Gunner
(@universal-gunner)
Reputable Member

Ooh what indeed. Polish, Canadian or American. At the moment I'm thinking Polish but am sorely tempted by the new Garand so may be American.

I have a small skewer hidden in the collar of my jumping jacket, and a razorblade in my gaiter, as well as my knife.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/04/2013 12:51 am

(@wladek)
Famed Member

Well I would let you know you can use a Garand as Polish without a problem, but ¬I am sure you know that, and I also know you like 'right guns', so I leave it to your conscious ;) .

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/04/2013 9:20 am

Universal Gunner
(@universal-gunner)
Reputable Member

Well I would let you know you can use a Garand as Polish without a problem, but ¬I am sure you know that, and I also know you like 'right guns', so I leave it to your conscious ;) .

Yes goddamn my brain. The main problem is I have this irrational feeling, as I do every time I'm considering purchasing or building a weapon, that this next gun may prove to be the one that turns me into a crack shot.

It never does and as any weapon is therefore only a prop in my hands my head says it might as well be the correct one.

Today I am swaying towards Polish, if only to use my black beret and epaulette again.

I have a small skewer hidden in the collar of my jumping jacket, and a razorblade in my gaiter, as well as my knife.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/04/2013 10:02 am

(@wladek)
Famed Member

Indeed

By the way you are all not alone in indecision... I have to choose too :shock:

Of course Polish is interesting, but I have always wanted a chance to Canadian it. then again French are great for being French, and Colonel Bellefluer is fun to let loose from the nut-job bag. :?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/04/2013 10:08 am

Universal Gunner
(@universal-gunner)
Reputable Member

Hmm, now you've got me thinking. Were any of the Canadian units French-Canadian?

Canadian but with a comedy accent.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/04/2013 10:23 am

(@wladek)
Famed Member

I know in my head they damned well were! :twisted: (the Canadian officer on Call of Duty always amused me ;) )

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/04/2013 10:25 am

MartinR
(@martinr)
Famed Member

Also a bit torn for this one, I'd like to use my Lee Enfield (the K98 having been out already this year) but the prospect of dressing up as a dusty, tired and harrassed Landser is very appealing as is the prospect of having to 'escape'.

I think the escaping aspect means I'll probably go as German for this one as that is what we were set to do at Hut 19, but will have a think.

Cheers
Martin

"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/04/2013 1:16 pm

(@wladek)
Famed Member

Here's a pic of Canadian 4th Armoured guys on a captured German car, with a FFI soldier marching behind them.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/05/2013 9:34 am

(@wladek)
Famed Member

FFI and American Troops Compare weapons, August 44. Including French colonial troops captured in 1940 and used as labour.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/05/2013 9:42 am

(@wladek)
Famed Member

Le Clerc and a tank crew of French Second Armoured, August 44.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/05/2013 9:46 am

(@lardassmonkey)
Famed Member

Is the yank on the left of the second picture wearing a browning holster?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/05/2013 10:36 am

(@wladek)
Famed Member

looks like it - after my 23 second search for what a browning holster is...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/05/2013 11:15 am

MartinR
(@martinr)
Famed Member

It doesn't look like my Browning holster, but then again I have a proper British one made out of webbing :)

Cheers
Martin

"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/05/2013 11:19 am

(@wladek)
Famed Member

Looks like that? http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/equipment ... ter-20821/

I dunno, guns and stuff.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/05/2013 11:23 am

(@lardassmonkey)
Famed Member

It looks like a German one to me.

ReplyQuote