Clear all

Would you be interested in...

Page 1 / 2

Hirate Sakimori
(@hirate-sakimori)
Eminent Member

Gomen Nassai

Hi friends hope you are all well.

I am sort of new to the World War 2 airsoft scene in the UK but have a strong passion for the genre. I am of mixed Asian background and spent a lot of time in Japan my spiritual homeland. This has led me to an almost fanatical obsession with the forces of the Empire of Japan. However I have a broad understanding of World war 2 and the history of various nations. It's just understandable that there is not much interest in the Far Eastern campaigns as other campaigns and naturally I would like to see more interest in this area.

Actually on this forum I am impressed because you actually have a more lively atmosphere which is why I am more regular here than on other sites. My main background has been in re-enactment scene but I am not new to airsoft, just new to UK and the airsoft scene here.

I am curious as to how many of you would actually want to see a "Pacific game" and how much people were willing to take part assuming I could get some games off the ground. I am actually having words with like minded friends from re-enactment societies, students of history and Air soft skirmishers/players who might help out with such an event. I am thinking something small for now and working towards bigger events in the future... just want to get an idea at the moment. Doing this at other places too but this forum is the best so far so fingers crossed. This is the first of my polls on this forum so forgive me if I get it all awfully wrong but there are just a few questions I would like you to answer. Simple Poll really but the idea I want to gauge here is how many of you have an interest in this part of World War 2 airsoft and how many of you would consider playing as "Axis" or "Allied" powers.

As always any questions of useful feedback would be more than appreciated many thanks friends.

Many thanks in advance.

Topic starter Posted : 12/02/2015 3:59 pm

cjw957
(@cjw957)
Famed Member

well as i told you there is a small test game planned - its just trying to find a time it will fit in the calendar as its very busy this year , but this will be only very small numbers 10-12 a side max

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/02/2015 4:13 pm

Hirate Sakimori
(@hirate-sakimori)
Eminent Member

Ah cool keep us posted on that. You know I'd be more than happy to take part if possible. Someone was talking about a game in France as well which was also something I might go for.

Yeh realistically if I get a game rolling this year it will be a miracle :D

However there is definitely something planned in the future, I'm doing all the working out now but don't be surprised if I don't announce anything this side of Christmas :rofl:

There is a lot of interest building up so it would be nice to see more

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 12/02/2015 4:19 pm

cjw957
(@cjw957)
Famed Member

well might be worth going to a few games and see how they play first :) as they dont run like open days etc

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/02/2015 4:45 pm

Jay7
(@jay7)
Reputable Member

I'm up for it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/02/2015 4:56 pm

dadio
(@dadio)
Famed Member

I'd be interested in having a go ,I'd rather play British but mostly as it would not require new kit but I'd be happy to play Japanese next year if you get a game up as it would give more time to get kit sorted , I've played as NVA in Vietnam games but those games were mostly stilted to the American point of view plot wise and if I was to invest in kit I'd want a more satisfying game , I'm sure you'd be planning a more even handed game as Japan is your passion .Even if we have games set where a Nations forces wins the day there must be an interest for the opposing faction other than to be a target .

armoury
m1a1 Thompson,sten mk2,mp40,stg44,sterling,mk2 bren gun,lee Enfield no4 mk1,Mauser Kar98, Walther ppk,smith and Weston m10 and Mauser m712
Give me a big enough hammer and a place to stand and I could fix the world.
i'll kill a man in a fair fight or if i think he's going to start a fair fight or over a woman or.......
a problem shared is a problem halved ,but an advantage shared is no advantage at all
if a job's not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/02/2015 5:43 pm

Russe11
(@russe11)
Honorable Member

I already have the Aussie gear sorted. I have Aussie pattern KD, HBT trousers and green shirt (for the Aussie working with the yanks impression) and was planning on getting the proper JG's now that they are available, so may be able to help someone do an Aussie impression.

well might be worth going to a few games and see how they play first :) as they dont run like open days etc

/agree some of the less strict games may even allow a couple of Japanese to be among the Germans. I managed to sneak an Aussie into Aachen so why not ask? It will give a much better idea of what is needed to organise a game.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/02/2015 3:32 am

TheChef
(@thechef)
Honorable Member

I would be interested in this, and could probably initially cobble together a Japanese look-a-like impression from my Russian and German kit and just get the iconic IJA field cap just to make sure it looks more Japanese :whistle: as I wouldn't want to shell out on a whole new loadout if the games don't materialise. Sounds like we'd be best waiting for the pacific game Chris already has planned and then take it from there :good:

German

Russian

British

Japanese

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/02/2015 10:31 am

(@tommy9151)
Reputable Member

I'd certainly be interested... If I had KD that is. Since I focus all my attention on the ETO, I have nothing KD related, so I guess it all hinges on how easy it is to obtain a shirt and trousers in KD (Shorts are out of the question, I hate them and have never worn shorts since High School).

Weapons:
King Arms M1928 Thompson Submachine Gun
AGM Sten Mk.II
CYMA M1911 EAP

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/02/2015 6:34 pm

Russe11
(@russe11)
Honorable Member

Khaki Drill is relatively easy to obtain. What Price Glory sells British and Australian KD or JG's.
Earlier versions of British KD will work as Australian as the only noticeable difference is that the Aussies had the field dressing in a back pocket and no epaulets on the shirt. For JG's the British used a battledress style tunic, the Aussies stuck with a shirt. So to get maximum use out of it, early version British KD and Aertex shirt or Australian KD will work for both PTO and Mediterranean games.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/02/2015 8:03 pm

Tin
 Tin
(@tin)
Reputable Member

I'm almost there with my Japanese loadout and am surprised how little it has cost so far. Ok so it will be a generic look, rather than specific but it will do. If I can get a couple of games a year then It will be worth it, and some parts will cross over into VC for Nam games.
I managed to get a water bottle and strap and a bread bag for £8.50 each. Also a leather belt rig including frog, and varous pouches for £31 delivered UPS! All off ebay.

I will probably use my K98 as my gas Nagant is virtually useless. I am sorely tempted to get a Type 14 Nambu too.... But am trying to be good.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/02/2015 8:19 pm

Moss
 Moss
(@moss)
Prominent Member

Khaki Drill is relatively easy to obtain. What Price Glory sells British and Australian KD or JG's.
Earlier versions of British KD will work as Australian as the only noticeable difference is that the Aussies had the field dressing in a back pocket and no epaulets on the shirt. For JG's the British used a battledress style tunic, the Aussies stuck with a shirt. So to get maximum use out of it, early version British KD and Aertex shirt or Australian KD will work for both PTO and Mediterranean games.

I believe that the British also used JG aertex shirts, as well as the JG BD. There is actually quite a few options for far eastern British/Commonwealth.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/02/2015 8:34 pm

Ox&Bucks
(@oxbucks)
Estimable Member

Yes, I would. The commonwealth kit would be no problem for me.

Current Arsenal: ICS Grease Gun, ICS M1 Garand, MP40, Viva Arms Sten Mk2.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/02/2015 9:50 pm

Russe11
(@russe11)
Honorable Member

I believe that the British also used JG aertex shirts, as well as the JG BD. There is actually quite a few options for far eastern British/Commonwealth.

Early British KD doesn't have the massive leg pocket. The Aussies never had this on KD or JG gear. I'm sure no-one will really care but if you want one set of gear to do Aussie and British then early British KD or Aussie KD are the most similar. Aussie KD trousers are probably a marginally better choice as they have 3 belt loops rather than 4. This may seem unimportant until you fasten the belt loops over your webbing belt and realise that the Aussie belt loop goes over between the cross straps at the back, the British belt loops are more likely to interfere with features of the webbing.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/02/2015 12:41 am

Moss
 Moss
(@moss)
Prominent Member

The belt loops aren't for fastening over your webbing, they're for a trouser belt. If you fasten them over your webbing your gonna run into some trouble if you've got the shits and need to get yer keks off quick, what with all the nasty diseases you could pick up in the jungle. :shock:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/02/2015 12:54 am

Russe11
(@russe11)
Honorable Member

I cannot find any conclusive proof either way. Photo's of various Aussies in KD or JG when not looking scruffy as hell (normal) will always have the belt of their webbing where the waist of the trousers is. It should be noted that the precise height varies depending on the type of trousers (KD shorts seem to have a much lower waist, JG trousers have a very high waist). I drew the conclusion that the trousers are supposed to attach to the webbing. They would not need buttons on the belt loops if a separate belt was used.
If you watch the film Kokoda you will see what the solution to dysentery was (you cut a slit in the backside of the trousers so you can keep marching or fighting). :shock:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/02/2015 2:01 am

Moss
 Moss
(@moss)
Prominent Member

It could just be that they have their webbing adjusted to sit on their waistline? I have never seen anything that indicates that you should put the belt loops over your webbing and even if that is the intention of the guy who designed the trousers/shorts, I really cant see any soldiers doing that. It makes taking your webbing off quickly a huge faff.

Yes I have also heard of the whole "cut the arse out of your trews" solution. I suppose if you have to go...

[EDIT] Also, a lot of different armies' trousers have buttons on the belt loops, but you don't see the soldiers buttoning their webbing to their trousers. BD trousers have buttons on the belt loops, but if you wear the BD blouse properly, there would be no way of attaching the webbing belt.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/02/2015 10:48 am

Dom_e
(@dom_e)
Estimable Member

I'd love to build an Arisaka if anyone wants one for a Japanese load out ;)

For me I'd consider an Australian impression, looks like I could put together a look-alike/filmsim sufficient kit for an odd game here and there. May have to find photos of some suitable period leg coverings though ;)

Custom airsoft guns and ready-made kits: http://vintageairsoft.wordpress.com

Buy kits here: http://etsy.com/uk/shop/VintageAirsoft? ... _shop_menu

You can also LIKE our page on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thevintageairsofters

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/02/2015 1:43 pm

Kendo
(@kendo)
Estimable Member

I'd love to put together an IJA impression. Just recycle some look-a-like Brit kit and any old wood-effect springer rifle. The problem is the climate here isn't exactly that of a Pacific island (except the rain!) and even the foliage is alien. Not that any of that would stop me. :wink:

I'd love to skirmish in Japan itself, too, but that's one for the bucket list. :whistle:

'ABSIT OMEN'

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/02/2015 6:00 pm

CHThree
(@chthree)
Noble Member

It could just be that they have their webbing adjusted to sit on their waistline? I have never seen anything that indicates that you should put the belt loops over your webbing and even if that is the intention of the guy who designed the trousers/shorts, I really cant see any soldiers doing that. It makes taking your webbing off quickly a huge faff.

There was a very old thread on 2 belts that I can't find, there were pics from the desert where a 38 pattern belt is used to hold up the KDs and a full set of webbing is worn over that. Seems more sensible than giving yourelf a wedgie with your cross straps / home made dungarees every time you have to go prone :shock:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/02/2015 7:32 pm

Page 1 / 2

Share: