Notifications
Clear all

Look - my new veapon!

Page 1 / 2

Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

Hmm... wondering whether to use my MP44, MP40 or K98...? Downside of MP44 is that I don't have any mag pouches, and the required winding of hi-caps. Dare I go with my sub-350 K98, or will I be outgunned?

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier

Topic starter Posted : 27/06/2011 4:07 pm
(@wladek)
Famed Member

nope!

There will be at least 3 sub 350 rifles on the Russian side. :D

Come on, the most fun engagement I had at Border was you against your rifle. it was fun.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/06/2011 4:12 pm
HeadShot
(@headshot)
Illustrious Member

For the last few of our events I've kept my gun on single shot.

I'd love to have a go with a single shot rifle, but alas, don't really want to lay out for something like that at the moment.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/06/2011 4:18 pm
Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

I used my MP44 on single shot at Devil's Hill, and thoroughly enjoyed it. However, I will rise to Craig's challenge, I think. K98 power it shall be!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 27/06/2011 4:37 pm
(@lardassmonkey)
Famed Member

Both my Mosin and my k98 are still up for loan for anyone that wants go bolt action but doesn't own one. I'd use the mosin myself if i wasn't going as a scout.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/06/2011 4:44 pm
HeadShot
(@headshot)
Illustrious Member

Both my Mosin and my k98 are still up for loan for anyone that wants go bolt action but doesn't own one. I'd use the mosin myself if i wasn't going as a scout.

What power are they Rich? I'd be interested in trying them out and will raise your beer tokens to Heineken. ;)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/06/2011 4:53 pm
(@lardassmonkey)
Famed Member

That depends what spring I put in but I usually run them sub 350. K98s does about 325fps, the Mosin slightly more.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/06/2011 4:58 pm
Devonshire Trooper
(@devonshire-trooper)
Noble Member

I would love to have a go with the K98, because I was a bit worried about being outgunned with my MP40, (remembering Bryansk) but id be rly afraid of busting your gun and I don't have any K98 pouches.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/06/2011 5:16 pm
HeadShot
(@headshot)
Illustrious Member

I'll borrow the Mosin then Rich. Cheers!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/06/2011 6:55 pm
Sgt.Heide
(@sgt-heide)
Illustrious Member

Ceri is a great site for rifles, gas or spring action. It's where the Tanaka K98 came into it's own in 2008 and, now, many more have springer rifles too. It will be good to see a few people using rifles again!

When I want your opinion - I'll tell you what it is!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/06/2011 7:01 pm
(@lardassmonkey)
Famed Member

Ok Steve. Pouches too? They don't hold the mags but are handy for ammo & sweets and do look the part.

DT I don't think there is much you could do to my guns I haven't already managed to do already. You're welcome to either my Tanaka G33/40 or my VSR K98. I have K98 pouches too if you want them. Thye don't hold VSR mags (I use pockets- they'e only light) but are modified to hold Tanaka mags.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/06/2011 7:06 pm
(@pvtjohnny)
Reputable Member

I know, I bought a D-bhoys K98 which had a lovely feel and look (wooden 1). But kept fretting when thinking about all the skirmishes I've experienced as mg's win outright! That and the fact of having to keep tabs on the ejected shells! If a game was boltie only I would imagine it would be great fun, alas as in reality fire power is key. So, I sold the springer (but there's a little piece of me regrets it) :( I think I'll be using my custom M1 carbine (I know its not russian but it'll do). Either that or a thompson!?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/06/2011 7:20 pm
HeadShot
(@headshot)
Illustrious Member

Ok Steve. Pouches too? They don't hold the mags but are handy for ammo & sweets and do look the part.

Yes please. That takes you up to Stella Artois.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/06/2011 7:29 pm
Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

Down, surely?? :?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 27/06/2011 7:32 pm
HeadShot
(@headshot)
Illustrious Member

Down, surely?? :?

Well, so far he's upgraded himself thus: Fosters, Carlsberg, Heineken, Stella.

At this rate he'll be onto Brew Dog Sink The Bismarck by the 8th. Rich's lending is legendary!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/06/2011 7:36 pm
Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

41% !!! Good grief!!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 27/06/2011 7:42 pm
Devonshire Trooper
(@devonshire-trooper)
Noble Member

You're welcome to either my Tanaka G33/40 or my VSR K98. I have K98 pouches too if you want them. Thye don't hold VSR mags (I use pockets- they'e only light) but are modified to hold Tanaka mags.

Yeah ok then il borrow your VSR K98 and pouches if thats ok with you. My excitement level now has risen to 0ver 9000.
I actually borrowed a K98 springer at Bryansk aswell.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/06/2011 7:51 pm
(@lardassmonkey)
Famed Member

Ok, no problem. What sort of fps do you want it to do? < or > 350ish? I have 7 vsr mags, 3 each for you and Steve- you'll have to fight for the last one.

Well, so far he's upgraded himself thus: Fosters, Carlsberg, Heineken, Stella.

At this rate he'll be onto Brew Dog Sink The Bismarck by the 8th. Rich's lending is legendary!!

The man drives a hard bargain, I think I'll have to be his personal slave all weekend before I actually upgrade to anything drinkable!

I think I'll be using my custom M1 carbine (I know its not russian but it'll do). Either that or a thompson!?

A Thompson would probably be better personally. The Soviets did at get a few of them even if they were rarely used, plus scouts generally stuck to SMGs. In an ideal world it would be German or Russian weapons only but nobody is going to snear at a bit of lend-lease equipment

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/06/2011 9:31 pm
Devonshire Trooper
(@devonshire-trooper)
Noble Member

Ok, no problem. What sort of fps do you want it to do? < or > 350ish? I have 7 vsr mags, 3 each for you and Steve- you'll have to fight for the last one.

Whatever FPS you reccomend for the site, I have never owned a rifle so when it comes to that sort of thing I have no idea

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/06/2011 2:56 pm
(@wladek)
Famed Member

Whatever FPS you reccomend for the site, I have never owned a rifle so when it comes to that sort of thing I have no idea

350 is bestest, all the fun, non of the worry.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/06/2011 3:09 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: