Notifications
Clear all

Help!

Page 1 / 2

CHThree
(@chthree)
Noble Member

I posted this in the wanted section, but hoefully someone can help who's coming on the weekend :

I've lost the trigger return sring from my M14/ M1Garand - If anyone has one or can help me out with a strong spring of similar dimensions - about 15mm x 5mm with loops on the end, please PM me so I can get the Garand working properly for Saturday.

Thanks

Ranj

Topic starter Posted : 17/06/2009 9:21 pm

Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

Can't help you with a spring mate, but I can lend you a Thompson if all else fails.

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/06/2009 9:33 pm

Yith
(@yith)
Illustrious Member

I wish I could help!

I've just looked through my spares, no springs at all. Short of trashing my own garand I can't think of anything!

Maybe you can lipton can make two non-working guns into at least one that works?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/06/2009 10:01 pm

Yith
(@yith)
Illustrious Member

If you can get to a Radio Controlled car shop then I'm sure they'd have something... Don't they use springs a bit like that in the suspension?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/06/2009 10:04 pm

Yith
(@yith)
Illustrious Member

There are some suggestions here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=572055
Even a way to make them from guitar strings.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/06/2009 10:13 pm

(@wladek)
Famed Member

Lipton will bring his one in case a suitable spring cannot be found.

These Garands are dropping like flies. :(

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/06/2009 10:25 pm

Yith
(@yith)
Illustrious Member

One of my revolvers actually has a V shaped spring in it I made from a piece of banjo string my dad had. It has never failed me...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/06/2009 10:26 pm

Yith
(@yith)
Illustrious Member

You're a pianist, right? Do you have any piano wire about? We can make one of these... :)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/06/2009 10:27 pm

Yith
(@yith)
Illustrious Member

Ranj... I just made one from some brass wire I had lying about...

Any good? It's quite springy!

Wire was from a model shop, I wrapped it around a small paint brush and used a pair of pliers to bend it where needed.-- attachment is not available --

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/06/2009 10:40 pm

(@wladek)
Famed Member

You're a pianist, right? Do you have any piano wire about? We can make one of these... :)

I'm a cheat, it's electric I'm afraid.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/06/2009 10:52 pm

Yith
(@yith)
Illustrious Member

philistine... ;)

I had a funny feeling you were going to say that lol.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/06/2009 7:00 am

(@scaleyback)
Famed Member

we have an upright piano for sale.........

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/06/2009 7:10 am

(@wladek)
Famed Member

If that's to tempt me out of my philistine ways Nige I am afraid I have just turned down a free one. My housemates forming the Representative League of You're Only Allowed One Piano whilst purchasing beating sticks and lynching ropes had something to do with it. :(

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/06/2009 8:27 am

CHThree
(@chthree)
Noble Member

LOL!

Ranj... I just made one from some brass wire I had lying about...

Any good? It's quite springy!

Wire was from a model shop, I wrapped it around a small paint brush and used a pair of pliers to bend it where needed.

Yes, please bring it, Rich, it might just work. I have adapted a spring from a pen but it's not quite strong enough, I went in to halford and they had one that would do but they only had them in boxes of 200 assorted springs for £7.00. Call me tight, but to get one spring I need, that's a bit steep. I'm going to try an RC model shop tomorrow if I have time.

Thanks all.

Ranj

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 18/06/2009 4:57 pm

CHThree
(@chthree)
Noble Member

Thanks Andy, I have a thompson as backup anyway, I just really fancied using my garand for this one.

Cheers

Ranj

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 18/06/2009 4:58 pm

(@wladek)
Famed Member

Well Lipton is bringing his, so if the worse comes to itself we can nab it form that.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/06/2009 4:58 pm

Yith
(@yith)
Illustrious Member

I went in to halford and they had one that would do but they only had them in boxes of 200 assorted springs for £7.00. Call me tight, but to get one spring I need, that's a bit steep.

To be honest you could have probably sold me half of those... Spare springs sound like a very good idea... lol

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/06/2009 6:53 pm

CHThree
(@chthree)
Noble Member

May still happen...

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 18/06/2009 9:08 pm

webby
(@webby)
Famed Member

Bring your M1 anyway mate, when I butchered an old AGM M14 to us an electronic firing switch, I kept all the pieces in a box, I'm fairly sure I have both of the Tigger small springs (with the hoop at each end), anyway, I'll bring them along, see if we can get it sorted out.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/06/2009 7:29 am

CHThree
(@chthree)
Noble Member

Webby to the rescue yet again! :D

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 19/06/2009 11:48 am

Page 1 / 2

Share: