Red Orchestra - Her...

Notifications
Clear all

Red Orchestra - Heroes of Stalingrad.

Page 2 / 2

Yith
(@yith)
Illustrious Member

Hmmm... I'm tempted, but I'm sure that I'll need a PC upgrade to run it. Usually getting a game for Xmas means a mad rush around between then and new year buying new PC components to get my PC up to spec... I might not bother this time...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/09/2011 9:45 am
Chomley-Warner
(@admin-infinity)
Illustrious Member Admin

Wifelet just texted me to say she has just ordered it for me (at less than £17.99 too ) and will stash it for Christmas. The thing is it will be delivered here at work - will I be able to resist opening the package "just to make sure it works"?

Heh, I'm lucky - beefy computers all over the place so no worries about power to run the thing. Anyway, I don't think it will need anywhere near the spec of that required to run, say, CoD MW3 - the graphics are pretty rudimentary by latest standards (from what I have seen).

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/09/2011 10:25 am
Chomley-Warner
(@admin-infinity)
Illustrious Member Admin

Package arrived today - resisted temptation and handed over to wifelet unopened. At least that will be one Christmas present I actually want!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/09/2011 3:33 pm
Cadaceus
(@cadaceus)
Reputable Member

Got it last weekend and not played much as all the updates take an age

Eldest son has been playing through single player campaigns and showed me a panzer IV on top of a T34 so I guess the A.I. Need improving

I have enjoyed the limited goes on this but have been playing WOT more as trying to get a Tiger
Managed it today

Cad

Impressions:
U.S. 35th Inf Tech Sargeant
British Royal Artillery Gunner
Generic SS Mann
Weapons:
Cyma M1A1
ASG Sten MK2
ASG MP40
TM M1911A1
WE Browning High Power
HFC Mauser C96

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/09/2011 6:19 pm
(@komrade)
Honorable Member

Having watched a load of gameplay I can honestly say I am prefering this to BF3. They both look like seriously good games, bf3 having graphical edge, but graphics mean almost nothing compared to the gameplay. RO2HOS seems so realistic and generally amazin, dialling in ranges, switching between scopes and irons, changing LMG barrels, I could go on.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/09/2011 8:33 pm
(@komrade)
Honorable Member

Got this yesterday, began to install it onto the PC. Downloaded steam fine in about 5 mins, (username Komrade111 if you want to add me) then clicked install. After a bit of whirring , I had to download 8gb from steam to get it to work! Why the hell don't they put the bloody game on the disk? That's what it's there for isn't it?

Anyway, after extreme initial annoyance, I played it today, choosing to do the campaign as i'm awaiting enough RAM so that it won't lag while playing multiplayer. It's pretty darn good, quite complicated especially as I've been console gaming for the last few years. So nice to have a bit of realsim, and interesting options like dialling in ranges etc really add to the experience. I would thouroghly reccomend!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/09/2011 6:36 pm
Jimmiiee
(@jimmiiee)
Reputable Member

I too have this awesomely amazing game

Yeh a few hundred bugs to begain with but still better than the launch of black ops me thinks. One of the top game out there if you ask me, plus I haven't seen any signs of a hacker so thats a plus. AI is a useful af a chocolate teapot, MP is sooo much more fun. Get a group of people on TS and if the same squad, you'll rule the day

JD

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/10/2011 12:03 pm
Chomley-Warner
(@admin-infinity)
Illustrious Member Admin

Flipping heck, what a POS! I've not seen a buggy/dysfunctional game like this since the beta days of Day of Defeat!

Even the single player training levels don't even work properly. The third SP mission just dumps me to the desktop when it starts loading. As for multiplayer - constantly knocks out my router so have to reset to get broadband back (not going down well with the rest of the household), 0 servers displayed requiring a game restart, not being able to select a team (just clicks and nothing happens). Crazy. Their own forum has hundreds of people with problems but not a response from the developers. Something is very, very wrong.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/12/2011 8:05 pm
(@komrade)
Honorable Member

I've got very similar problems to you CW, although slightly less bad (I can sometimes join a game). The wierdest thing is that when i do join a gam and can play (it doesn't just freeze), the game works really well and I can stick in the same session for hours with no trouble.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/12/2011 12:34 pm
Chomley-Warner
(@admin-infinity)
Illustrious Member Admin

I can get into multiplayer games now - downloaded a pair of Mastersevers files and made them read only to stop the game overwriting them. Now the server browser comes up with a list after a bit of a delay but once in a game I can at least finally select a side. But now I'm repeatedly kicked off a server with a 'speed hack detected' message - by all accounts this happens to many who use a wireless connection and it's a known issue with no solution yet.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/12/2011 2:43 pm
 Yith
(@yith)
Illustrious Member

Well I got a new graphics card last week and so got the new RO2 at the weekend.

I had some initial problems with getting onto servers but I think it was Punkbuster related. I disabled that and play on a fairly well populated (by real people, not bots) server which doesn't have punkbuster. It seems to work well.

As for what I think of it, well, I do miss the tank maps, but a lot of the other stuff in the game is better than before. It doesn't feel like the massive improvement I was lead to expect however and we could certainly do without the anachronistic weaponry. (especially the goofy German on the loading screen)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/01/2012 11:09 am
Page 2 / 2
Share: