[Sticky] Kit List
After our site visit today, we figured it might be a good idea to create a kit list for you to ensure you bring all the things you'll need for the day.
As this is a rolling scenario, with little scope for returning to your vehicle for kit/food/ammo/weapons, it would be worth trying to keep kit to a minimum and focus on the things you need. (I've edited the post that Pete originally wrote for Jedburgh. This game will be a lot more easy-going with Jedburgh, but we feel that some of the kit in the list below is a good idea to have.)
Don't forget, you don't need reenactor levels of kit, "lookalikes" are equally acceptable and there are plenty of people with kit to loan out if you ask them nicely.
WHATEVER KIT YOU BRING WILL NEED TO BE CARRIED ALL DAY! ALSO CONSIDER YOUR OWN COMFORT, AS WELL AS YOUR OWN ABILITY TO CARRY IT ALL ABOUT.
1) Standard kit as listed elsewhere.
2) Sturdy, broken in boots. NOTE: The site is quite waterlogged in places and often muddy. Today, the grass held a lot of water and soaked our lower legs. Waterproof socks or boot liners might be a good idea.
3) Headgear - to help with identification.
1) Personal weapon - Any period weapons. Spare ammunition and batteries.
2) Torch - any 'old fashioned' cheapo torch will do, mega power xenon and the like are a bit out of keeping with game spirit
3) Notebook/paper and pencil.
4) Whistle (for emergency signalling).
5) Any personal medication (carried in top right pocket).
6) Cork or cam cream.
7) Face veil (optional).
- Extra water (in addition to your belt kit waterbottle).
Food for the day. NOTE: There will be little opportunity to cook. Food should be pre-cooked or snacking food.
Insect repellent (optional, but recommended!).
Small first aid kit (sufficient for cuts, grazes, splinters and blisters - optional).
This is by no means an exhaustive list. Feel free to add your own "creature comforts" if desired. It is perfectly possible to travel light, yet, still be comfortable "in the field".
With reference to the Fuehrer Directive No.40 concerning the German preparations for enemy operations, will the German forces be equally limited to only bringing what they can carry, or will we be encamped enough to store provisions and war materiel?
German forces won't have a fixed/central base - it's a big site and we would die just trudging backwards and forwards - so keep it light. Make use of your pockets & bread bag!
For those who are potentially switching sides - where do we stash our German kit? will that be a trek back to the cars?
We have a quick and simple plan in place. Keep kit in cars, but there won't be a trek and you will only be out of game as long as it takes you to change.
and you will only be out of game as long as it takes you to change.
As long as there are no mirrors. Because if there are mirrors it could take me an awful long time to get ready