Clear all

[Sticky] Event Postponed

14 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@wladek)
Famed Member
Topic starter

In consultation with CiA I have decided to postpone Lenino so that the 'October Slot' can be made use of, and we can get our CiA game this year - which we all want.

Originally CiA were kind enough to step aside from their plans for October, to enable myself to run this game. Co-incidentally we were both looking to use the same site: MAW. With their June game having to be cancelled due to events beyond their control I suggested that they 're-take' October, and I would run something in June.
Keep your eyes open for some new adventure from myself being put forward for June.

So, it is with great pleasure that I introduce your new October game.... CiA (OK, I am not introducing them, they will lay forth their game in due course and you will all enjoy the anticipation, dammit :twisted: ).

I would like to thank those who have booked onto Lenino - you have all had a message sent to you in private - and to those who spoke to me and were just waiting to book on.

The main question: Will the game running in June be Lenino?

The answer: No. I can see when a game does not interest people so we will not be running Lenino. there are plenty of Eastern Front games out there this year so our game will bring us back to the simpler ground of Western Europe, and a simpler date of 1944 (probably).

Expect details to be forthcoming.

Posted : 18/04/2013 3:57 pm
dadio
(@dadio)
Famed Member

real shame :( , i dont think there was a lack of interest per-se ,just a long way off yet but i look forward to the june game.

armoury
m1a1 Thompson,sten mk2,mp40,stg44,sterling,mk2 bren gun,lee Enfield no4 mk1,Mauser Kar98, Walther ppk,smith and Weston m10 and Mauser m712
Give me a big enough hammer and a place to stand and I could fix the world.
i'll kill a man in a fair fight or if i think he's going to start a fair fight or over a woman or.......
a problem shared is a problem halved ,but an advantage shared is no advantage at all
if a job's not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well

Posted : 18/04/2013 9:03 pm
(@prideofengland)
Noble Member

real shame :( , i dont think there was a lack of interest per-se ,just a long way off yet but i look forward to the june game.

Yes I agree just a long way off and over events ahead of it that needed preperation. I do hope the june game will be rifle freindly :thumbs:

Posted : 19/04/2013 6:57 am
Joseph Porta
(@joseph-porta)
Famed Member

:slap:

sorry to hear this Craig :(

"Take that you rotton helping of strawberry flan!"
Joseph Porta to "strawberrys and cream", in the sven hassel book ,ogpu prison

Posted : 19/04/2013 7:21 am
MartinR
(@martinr)
Famed Member

As above, I don't think there was any particular lack of interest, it is just a several months off yet.

Anyway, looking forward to whatever you come up with for June. I'll keep that weekend blocked out.

Cheers
Martin

"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.
Arnhem3,Gumrak,Campoleone

Posted : 19/04/2013 7:47 am
(@lardassmonkey)
Famed Member

Yes, as above. I was interested just not yet committed. I look forward to news for June and more rifle games would always be welcome.

Posted : 19/04/2013 10:37 am
MartinR
(@martinr)
Famed Member

At least it means I won't have to take off my M35 collar tabs, I've only just sewn them on!

Cheers
Martin

"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.
Arnhem3,Gumrak,Campoleone

Posted : 19/04/2013 11:01 am
(@lardassmonkey)
Famed Member

As the other two Eastern front games are 1941 I'll probably end up sewing my full colour tabs back on after this weekend anyway. :slap:

Posted : 19/04/2013 12:09 pm
(@wladek)
Famed Member
Topic starter

it will definitely be rifles friendly, and almost certainly be a rifles only game.

Should have all the definite details up early next week.

Posted : 19/04/2013 12:14 pm
Universal Gunner
(@universal-gunner)
Reputable Member

So the question is whether there is a CIA or indeed anyone else's game mooted for October?

Disappointed at the cancellation of the July game and unable to make the games in August and September do I have to wait until Rattenkrieg (already booked and paid) in November? As well as already suffering withdrawal symptoms I also ask as I am being asked to book up a weekend in October - at the moment it is all open and I would hate to subsequently find that I have picked the wrong weekend.

Even a faint pencil mark might let me make a slightly more informed decision.

Cheers
Charlie

I have a small skewer hidden in the collar of my jumping jacket, and a razorblade in my gaiter, as well as my knife.

Posted : 02/07/2013 11:03 pm
(@wladek)
Famed Member
Topic starter

I don't know Charlie, there has been nothing further mooted about any October game.

Posted : 03/07/2013 9:33 am
Chomley-Warner
(@admin-infinity)
Illustrious Member Admin

No faint pencil marks or even broad brush stokes of black emulsion paint - there is no prospect of CiA running a game this year I'm afraid, for a thousand reasons. So October remains free...
(shame, type "Hut 9" in Google and we are on the first page :giggle: )

Posted : 03/07/2013 4:25 pm
Sgt.Heide
(@sgt-heide)
Illustrious Member

And, if you type in "Operation Foxley", we're on page 2. Oh well.

When I want your opinion - I'll tell you what it is!

Posted : 03/07/2013 4:55 pm
Universal Gunner
(@universal-gunner)
Reputable Member

No faint pencil marks or even broad brush stokes of black emulsion paint - there is no prospect of CiA running a game this year I'm afraid, for a thousand reasons. So October remains free...

:cry:

Bad news, the ominous signs of Pete now selling his German gear too had not gone unnoticed here. I sincerely hope that is not a permanent state of affairs.

Thanks for letting me know.

Cheers
Charlie

I have a small skewer hidden in the collar of my jumping jacket, and a razorblade in my gaiter, as well as my knife.

Posted : 04/07/2013 1:01 pm
Share: