belt keeps coming u...

Notifications
Clear all

belt keeps coming undone

wideload
(@wideload)
Trusted Member

i've got the standard leather belt and Waffen SS enlisted mans Belt Buckle, the belt is comfortable but while in the heat of a tactical retreat the buckle keeps coming undone and i've got stuff flying all over the place.

does anyone else have this problem and is there an easy fix?

Do you like my little tank?

Topic starter Posted : 22/07/2008 7:58 pm

Devonshire Trooper
(@devonshire-trooper)
Noble Member

I think thats a problem with the Germans ancient design i remember Gadge saying.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/07/2008 8:21 pm

Sgt.Heide
(@sgt-heide)
Illustrious Member

Mine has never come undone like that. Have you tried bending the clip at the end of the belt a bit? (The bit that hooks into the buckle). Or, it could be too loose and need taking in a notch or two.

When I want your opinion - I'll tell you what it is!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/07/2008 8:28 pm

Kermit
(@kermit)
Famed Member

Never had that problem meself. The only thing i can think of is that the tab on the buckle that sits in the slot on the other end of the belt isn't long enough, hence, popping out easily.

When we were a Kingdom it was run by a King
When we were an Empire it was run by an Empress
Now we're a country we're run by a..........

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/07/2008 9:30 pm

(@pimms)
Reputable Member

I think it depends on how you have put it on.

You must put both parts of the leather in through the pin section and then push the pins into the holes on the smaller of the leather flaps, so when you pull the buckel it wont slide off.

I have had trouble with some, where the loop is not big enough for the clasp hook, so if that’s the case I would file the hook down.

Hang on! (x) of you, (y) of me, dont mind playing Airsoft, I make that Pimms O’clock

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/07/2008 12:10 pm

(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Do you have Y-straps on, if so even when the belt buckle comes undone your kit shouldnt come off.

Have you got it tight enough?

Vp

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/07/2008 1:16 pm

Helga Geerhart
(@helga-geerhart)
Famed Member

Eat more pies 8) what thats what I got told to do :lol: mine does it too, but its more down to my genetic makeup and how the y straps sit and it all just goes erm whatsit up :lol: when I run amok. You might find just nipping the rear clip part helps with pliers to make a tighter catch as suggested.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/07/2008 6:27 pm

wideload
(@wideload)
Trusted Member

well bugger me its turns out I've lost weight, (dunno how though) i got the longest belt from sof and had a local shoe repair shop adjust it so its was snug (about 18 months ago) but now its too loose! also I've bent the clip as its was only at 90' so it now has a full u-bend in it.

ill give it a go at my next game and see how it performs

ta for the advice ( i did try eating all the pies, but then i ran out)

Do you like my little tank?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 27/07/2008 4:34 pm

Share: