7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
spiers
(@spiers)
Noble Member
Topic starter

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=583_1362879276

Just watched this, some of it looks like it has been digitally coloured in, but nevertheless, amazing footage, some of which I haven't seen before.

Enjoy!

Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who will fight!
General James M. Gavin

CRY HAVOC AND LET LOOSE THE DOGS OF WAR

Posted : 14/03/2013 6:14 pm
(@gunman)
Noble Member

Thats excellent footage and leaves you feeling a bit sick at how real it is. Some footage doesnt quite make you realise its a real, but that does.

Good find Alex. :good:

Heer Schmidt

Posted : 15/03/2013 10:19 am
spiers
(@spiers)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Especially some if the stuff where they are battering building with tracer fire. It looks horrendous.

Definitely an interesting watch.

Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who will fight!
General James M. Gavin

Posted : 15/03/2013 11:24 am
(@bedsnherts)
Famed Member

Nice.
The very first shot is from a wartime British propaganda film. The real battle footage wasn't very good so they re- shot it at night in a ditch in Shepperton.

Posted : 17/03/2013 10:29 am
HeadShot
(@headshot)
Illustrious Member

Yes, some it looked a bit propaganda-y. Just something about the proximity of the camera to the explosions without the operator voiding himself and dropping the camera. Still, most of it is highly evocative.

Posted : 17/03/2013 5:48 pm
spiers
(@spiers)
Noble Member
Topic starter

I know some of it is definitely staged, but for instance, the guy who is obviously hit and slides very unnaturally over the edge of that drop on to the floor...I find that quite hard to watch and I would suggest, not staged.

General James M. Gavin

Posted : 17/03/2013 9:43 pm
(@pvtjohnny)
Honorable Member

that was rather grim and wierdly compelling (car crash-esque) : sick : Seeing those rounds smack into the masonary behing those Brit infantry was a tad disconcerting. Josh's right in most footage give you the sense of unreality, sort of a call of duty game experience but when you see live rounds hitting home, well, all of a sudden it aint pretend!

Posted : 02/04/2013 5:26 pm
Share: