Clear all

Best image host company

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@kingmaker)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Hi I remember there was some advice from the forum on where to host you images so they could upload to the forum,and that it defiantly was not Photobucket .
As this company has now decided to charge for the images viewed on forums ,is that $3.99 or 399,the forum is now spoilt as a information source for the hobby.
Chomley Warner you have the answer to this question.Help

Posted : 03/07/2017 7:45 am
dadio
(@dadio)
Famed Member

I'm now switching to Imgur but it's early days as to weather to recommend them , I got burned by Photobucket as well , they now want $399 per year to do 3rd party hosting , on another forum they described it as holding you to ransom and that sums it up pretty well!

armoury
m1a1 Thompson,sten mk2,mp40,stg44,sterling,mk2 bren gun,lee Enfield no4 mk1,Mauser Kar98, Walther ppk,smith and Weston m10 and Mauser m712
Give me a big enough hammer and a place to stand and I could fix the world.
i'll kill a man in a fair fight or if i think he's going to start a fair fight or over a woman or.......
a problem shared is a problem halved ,but an advantage shared is no advantage at all
if a job's not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well

Posted : 03/07/2017 4:51 pm
(@kingmaker)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

But the problem is that all those archive posts have no pictures as many seem to be photobucket.
People will have to reload all the pictures to a new host,and then re-edit the affected posts with new image links,and that is unlikely to happen.
$3.99 seems a sensible price not $399 but if they are loosing money on the free storage accounts then obviously they have to charge a fee.
Seems like a big blow to many similar hobbies where people innovate in a technical craft . :( :shock:

Posted : 03/07/2017 8:20 pm
Chomley-Warner
(@admin-infinity)
Illustrious Member Admin

This forum hosts 3GB of user-posted photos, and I can tell you that web storage space definitely isn't free for me!

Don't forget that everyone has 'free' storage space on their OneDrive, iCloud, Google Drive or other ISP accounts, not to mention free storage on Dropbox and the like.

Posted : 03/07/2017 10:08 pm
ww2stu
(@ww2stu)
Noble Member

For those facebook users, you can create a private album , right click on the photo and copy link location. You can then paste the link on the forum,

Stu

Posted : 04/07/2017 8:56 am
MartinR
(@martinr)
Famed Member

Or just stick them up as blog posts in blogger.

I've got some stuff in Flickr, but that became a pain to link to some time ago.

"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.
Arnhem3,Gumrak,Campoleone

Posted : 06/07/2017 6:10 am
Share: