Notifications
Clear all

Photos....

Page 2 / 4

(@scaleyback)
Famed Member

hence the award of the purple heart to PFC marsha lord,or old bb magnet face as she is know known :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/09/2008 4:33 pm

HeadShot
(@headshot)
Illustrious Member

Yep, definitely not hot guns. We chronod many K98s at Husky, one of the warmest games we've had so far, and they were all within limits.

It's just a case of engagement distances with AEGs mainly. It doesn't take much to break the skin on your scalp.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/09/2008 4:40 pm

(@bedsnherts)
Famed Member

Loving the vehicles. Adds a whole new dimension to the game.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/09/2008 5:11 pm

(@scaleyback)
Famed Member

Loving the vehicles. Adds a whole new dimension to the game.

couldnt agree more beds,,, even when the truck got stuck it was like it was in the game script, would have been ace if the germans had hit us with an ambush then.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/09/2008 5:15 pm

(@scaleyback)
Famed Member

not got any germans in action photos,was that becasue we where too busy beating the allies :P

i think it was due to the germans being squeezed in a pocket with no re- supply and the nearest boots the chemist was in berlin. :rofl: :rofl:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/09/2008 5:17 pm

Gary Barton
(@gary-barton)
Honorable Member

PS: Personally, I'd rather not play than have to play in a helmet due to hot guns (if that's what it was).

That cancels the MP40s out then they only shoot about 270-280, mind you they was alot of none world war two guns out there.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/09/2008 6:19 pm

Chomley-Warner
(@admin-infinity)
Illustrious Member Admin

Yup, for once there was a dirth of K98's on the German side, so no excuse for 'unfair advantage' calls! And strangely no grumbles from the Germans about Thompson 'unfair advantage' either! :rofl:

Heh, I coped with an MP40 that fired shots in an area wider than a shotgun (it's first time in use and with less than 1,000rnds fired in the day no chance for bedding in!) Nearly swapped for a Thompson at lunchtime but persevered with the MP40. Meh, still managed some kills!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/09/2008 6:54 pm

(@woodlander)
Estimable Member

That cancels the MP40s out then they only shoot about 270-280, mind you they was alot of none world war two guns out there.

It didn't feel like an up-close 270-280 hit - last time I got hit with anything like the force that that shot felt like it was from a sniper rifle up too close. In all fairness, I couldn't say with certainty that the shooter was from the German side, if it was a sniper, or if it was a 'German' which one, as there were quite a few of them! (As there always seemed to be :lol: )

Know what you mean about a lot of non WW2 guns! Still, it was a great day. :D

EDIT FOR TYPO which had completely changed meaning of a sentence :oops:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/09/2008 6:59 pm

(@scaleyback)
Famed Member

the yanks are using hi -caps with one full pistol speed loader in dave, so about 100 shots, with winding and messing about they equate to about 3 locaps so there isnt a real high cap advantage .

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/09/2008 7:01 pm

Chomley-Warner
(@admin-infinity)
Illustrious Member Admin

Not sure what you mean there Nige!
Historically (well, recent history!) MP40 users stuck with 50rnd mags moaned about Thompson users with 400rnd mags not having to swap constantly. That is all I was referring to.
For the record, it's not an argument I subscribe to - we have an ammo limit and if there is a choice then players can use whatever capacity mag they like/have!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/09/2008 7:11 pm

biguk
(@biguk)
Noble Member

Sounds like a good game was had. I would have come but with not having transport atm..its difficult...although i will be at Carentan in Nov. Looks like there was alot of "new" players there.

Nice to see more vehicles getting involved.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/09/2008 7:17 pm

(@scaleyback)
Famed Member

i was just saying dave, that instead of filling a tommy high cap, most of the yanks were putting a full pistol mag sized speed loader in , that way it took time and a bit of messing about so it was fairer than using hi-cap after hi- cap and just winding the spring . i had 3 low caps and it was about the same amount of time to get them out of the thompson bag, put the empty away and start fireing as it was to fire and wind 1 mag with a hundred in, we just thought it was more sporting as you lads only had lo-caps on mp 40s.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/09/2008 7:27 pm

Chomley-Warner
(@admin-infinity)
Illustrious Member Admin

Gottcha Nige, I wondered why you were all rattling when you moved ... :rofl:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/09/2008 7:37 pm

(@scaleyback)
Famed Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: i know , as a former soldier , everytime i moved i could imagine my platoon sgt rolling his eyes and swearing :rofl: :rofl:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/09/2008 7:39 pm

Yith
(@yith)
Illustrious Member

Well I used my No4 with 30rnd mags in the morning and my Mp40 with 12x 50rnd mags in the afternoon... So the Germans can't complain about my hicaps... ;)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/09/2008 8:41 am

HeadShot
(@headshot)
Illustrious Member

Well I used my No4 with 30rnd mags in the morning and my Mp40 with 12x 50rnd mags in the afternoon... So the Germans can't complain about my hicaps... ;)

Which we aren't anyway.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/09/2008 9:07 am

Yith
(@yith)
Illustrious Member

hehe... I know... probably because I did that... lol

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/09/2008 9:08 am

Barrie and Anne
(@barrie-and-anne)
Noble Member

Back on topic, we haven't got any photos of In the Pocket, but we did find this one of Anne at the local misfits convention.

-- attachment is not available --

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/09/2008 8:11 pm

webby
(@webby)
Famed Member

A few from the scenario setup day on Saturday

Alex 'Raziel' Wilson being a Wincle

Test Fire