[Sticky] UCAP Bunker
built in 1942 as a naval command centre. It is situated on Portsdown Hill beneath Fort Southwick, a large 19th Century Palmerston Fort. There are over a hundred rooms in the tunnel complex, and it was fully functional with offices, dormitories, telecommunications etc, and it was utilised during WW2's 'Operation Overlord'. The tunnels were lined throughout with steel shuttering, supported by iron girders, although some of this has been removed since the war. Access to the tunnel system was via stairs inside the fort, or from the four emergency exits further down the hill. With over a mile and a half of useable tunnels, rooms and corridors as wide as streets, the site is a dark maze with the possibility of danger round every corner!