Notifications
Clear all

Come on you Germans!

Page 1 / 3

Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

Since Jimbo thinks the Brits will outnumber the Germans, I thought I'd drum up some enthusiasm for the Germans. Who's coming as German, and what kit are you wearing? Does anyone need to borrow any kit? Have you booked yet?!

I'm undecided what kit to wear at the moment - some of us were thinking of going as Stürmpioniere (best translates as assault engineers), but I'm seriously considering going as Fallschirmjäger, who would definitely have been used seize airfields and other important locations.

I do have some kit to lend if required - I'm 5' 11", medium build.

And I have booked! 8)

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier

Topic starter Posted : 20/07/2010 10:31 am

Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

Cool. :good: Make sure Nige gets his sorry butt to this event - I'm sure he must owe me a beer! :lol:

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 20/07/2010 1:27 pm

razorlight
(@razorlight)
Reputable Member

Just payed for my place. I'll be coming as Waffen SS. I just looked up what they were wearing at that time. Lots of pics of the SS-VT in camo smocks and helmet covers. The only thing I haven't got is jackboots (going to W&P on Friday so might keep a lookout for a cheap post war pair) Also I've only got an MP44 and a sten, so if the MP44 not acceptable, I'll have to use a "captured" sten. Looking forward to it, see you there guys.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/07/2010 3:29 pm

Zero Bravo
(@zero-bravo)
Famed Member

Razorlight, it's up to you fella which weapon you use, there will be some heavily scrimmed guns out there on the battlefield. Especially amongst the youngsters, to be fair to them and their badgering of parent skills they have managed to get Canadian battle dress and bits and pieces, I can't ask them to buy ww2 guns as well.
I'll start up a gun loan thread :good:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/07/2010 4:36 pm

Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

Just payed for my place. I'll be coming as Waffen SS. I just looked up what they were wearing at that time. Lots of pics of the SS-VT in camo smocks and helmet covers. The only thing I haven't got is jackboots (going to W&P on Friday so might keep a lookout for a cheap post war pair) Also I've only got an MP44 and a sten, so if the MP44 not acceptable, I'll have to use a "captured" sten. Looking forward to it, see you there guys.

What size boot are you, out of interest? I am (still) waiting for my new jackboots, so I potentially have a pair for sale.

I may have a gun free - not sure yet.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 20/07/2010 4:42 pm

Hänschen klein
(@hanschen-klein)
Famed Member

3 SS in Oak leaf camo smocks and load outs.
3 Heer wearing Splinter tarn smocks helmets
1 Dismounted SS panzer troop (Pea dot camo black trousers and black ski cap)
Guns to distribute to the section
3 MP40`s
1 G43 Sniper rifle
1 captured Thompson
1 captured M1 carbine 8mm gas but not actually seen this yet?
1 look a like wood rifle
1 Look a like springer sniper rifle
and in the process of building a good look a like MG34 support weapon.
We will have an array of stick grenades and we might stretch to some barbed wire and sand bags if the going is getting tough. :happyswing:

I am still trying to force a couple of others into the game so hold the front page!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/07/2010 8:34 pm

Zero Bravo
(@zero-bravo)
Famed Member

Great to have you on board fella, and glad you're looking at bringing a support weapon, we need these for this conflict. Hope to have my 42 in time as well.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/07/2010 9:31 pm

Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

Yep we definitely need a few support weapons of our own.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 20/07/2010 9:47 pm

Boshman
(@boshman)
Noble Member

I should have my 42 there also :twisted:

“I wanted to come to the Volga at a specific location at a specific city. By chance it carries the name of Stalin himself. So don’t think I marched there for this reason – it could carry another name – but because there is a very important goal... this goal I wanted to take – and you know – we are very modest, we have it already."
Adolf Hitler, November 1942

"Comrades, Red Army men, commanders and political workers, men and women guerrillas! It is on your perseverance, staunchness, fighting skill and readiness to discharge your duty to the country that the defeat of the German-fascist army and the liberation of the Soviet land from the Hitlerite invaders depend! We can and must clear the Soviet land of Hitlerite vermin."
Joseph Stalin, November 1942

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/07/2010 12:51 pm

razorlight
(@razorlight)
Reputable Member

Yes I forgot about the more relaxed dress code for this one, so it's MP44, boots and gaiters and forget about the jackboots. Steiner, I don't think your boots would have fitted me as I only take a size 7. It seems like we're building up our forces day by day, be great if we have enough men to have a couple of sections with MG teams. It sounds like this game is going to be quite tactical due to the terrain, so I for one am quite happy to take orders if we've got any experienced "nco's" amongst us.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/07/2010 1:35 pm

marsha
(@marsha)
Noble Member

i be booking at the weekend

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/07/2010 6:15 pm

Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

Coolio, Marsha. :good:

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 22/07/2010 7:02 pm

Wraith666
(@wraith666)
Honorable Member

And I'm in too, just have to wait till pay day to pay for it though

"Will you stop talking about the war!!"
"What, you started it!"
"We did NOT start it!"
"Yes you did, you invaded Poland..."

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/07/2010 8:50 pm

couchpotato
(@couchpotato)
Estimable Member

Hi all,
I will be there for the Saturday only due to work commitments at the moment.
I can come as SS, Heer, FJ, so can fit in with the majority. Booking at the end of this week due to just coming back off a months hoilday to New Zealand and being short of cash!

Rob.

Lt. Morris Schaffer: "Second rate punk," eh?
Major John Smith: Sorry. All I could think of on the spur of the moment.
Lt. Morris Schaffer: Thanks, that makes it even worse.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/07/2010 4:04 pm

Zero Bravo
(@zero-bravo)
Famed Member

Great to have you on board Rob, dont forget to give the others a shout about this event. I walked the ground today and this will prove to be very interesting terrain :wink:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/07/2010 5:06 pm

couchpotato
(@couchpotato)
Estimable Member

Hi Mate,

I think Rich is Ok for this one maybe both days for him, tall Steve can't commit just yet. We should all be able to say by Sunday after a chat at Saturdays shoot at UW.
What would you like us to come in SS, Heer or FJ, we can do the lot.

Lt. Morris Schaffer: "Second rate punk," eh?
Major John Smith: Sorry. All I could think of on the spur of the moment.
Lt. Morris Schaffer: Thanks, that makes it even worse.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/07/2010 8:33 pm

Zero Bravo
(@zero-bravo)
Famed Member

A good representation from FJ would be great, I know Angel has some mates might be interested. I have a side mission that would suit you just nicely. :good:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/07/2010 10:33 pm

marsha
(@marsha)
Noble Member

ok i have booked can you let me know if you received the payment

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/07/2010 1:21 pm

Wraith666
(@wraith666)
Honorable Member

I'll be booking after Friday as it's pay day then.

"Will you stop talking about the war!!"
"What, you started it!"
"We did NOT start it!"
"Yes you did, you invaded Poland..."

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/07/2010 1:31 pm

bosh
 bosh
(@bosh)
Estimable Member

I have for loan to german players.
1 SS smock