Notifications
Clear all

Come on you Germans!

Page 3 / 3

Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

Hi Pete, I think we'll be a mix of FJ, Heer and possibly Waffen SS, too.

I can lend you some Heer kit if you like.

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 14/08/2010 8:39 pm

JD7
 JD7
(@jd7)
Illustrious Member

Unfortunately due to real life commitments, I'm unable to attend this event. Really sorry as I was looking forward to it Jimbo.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Del

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/08/2010 5:31 pm

Zero Bravo
(@zero-bravo)
Famed Member

It seems that some communication may have been established with the German spy network in the local vicinity. In order to prove their authenticity they have issued a reference code to a position vital to the attacking forces. The reference is S4057....
See if you can work it out :wink:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/08/2010 9:22 pm

Hänschen klein
(@hanschen-klein)
Famed Member

Hi folks.

I've signed up to play as a German on Saturday.
Do we have much of an idea what units will be represented ?
(I don't have any German kit yet barring a Luger so I just want to get the basics - some sort of jacket/smock, helmet or cap, belt to fit in on the day.)
Leaning towards FJ but Ok to go Heer or SS.
I'll be using my trusty Thompson "captured" off the local Home Guard guys we ran into "earlier" :)
Cheers,
PeteB

In our gang at present we will have 3 Heer 4 ss inf and 1 ss dismounted tankie so please feel free to come along wiht us to make sections up.

See you there
GT

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/08/2010 8:23 am

Zero Bravo
(@zero-bravo)
Famed Member

We may want to sort out some kind of command structure. I will be there on the German side, as an obvious target for enemy snipers and generally making sure everything is all tickedy boo, but it wouldn't be right for me to lead the combat teams, I know where all the bits and pieces are!
I also don't know how to keep threads private but in the general sake of openness and good banter I don't think i'ts really necessary.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/08/2010 5:55 pm

Hänschen klein
(@hanschen-klein)
Famed Member

Once we know numbers and get and idea on the types of uniforms,perhaps we may be able to get some sort of unit structure? Then we may be able to get people to lead squads under your direction.

If the Germans could post up what they are coming as Heer SS Others ie Lufties FJ or anything else they may be coming as. We would have an idea on types of units we could squad up as. (I was thinking of the voting type thing like on the thread Where do you come from for planning but I haven`t got a clue :( how to do it)

PS S4057 driving me mad but will keep trying :slap:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/08/2010 6:26 pm

Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

I'll post another thread, if all Germans can reply, and we'll get a tally of who is what. :)

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 22/08/2010 6:43 pm

Zero Bravo
(@zero-bravo)
Famed Member

If you haven't got it on S4057 by the end of this week I'll try and contact again for an easier reference, but it is out there I checked, you just got to know where to look :wink:
It is vital to the Axis success on day one!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/08/2010 8:15 pm

razorlight
(@razorlight)
Reputable Member

Saw this in the paper today. Some newly released files show that an elite unit of the Brandenburg Regiment called "The Wild Dogs" ("Die Tolle Hunde") were to spearhead the german invasion. Never heard of them before.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/08/2010 12:37 pm

Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

...and this on BBC website today, giving some details of the early Sealion objectives.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11082316

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 26/08/2010 4:32 pm

fremsley
(@fremsley)
Prominent Member

This really isn't cricket!

I'm a hero with coward's legs.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/08/2010 8:13 pm

Zero Bravo
(@zero-bravo)
Famed Member

New intel from spys on the ground. It seems their last message was too cryptic so we contacted them for more info. You have to realise that every time they reply they risk exposure so contact is still very brief but this time the reply was ...

TP 5170

North Park

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/08/2010 10:01 pm

Hänschen klein
(@hanschen-klein)
Famed Member

OK so the Abwehr has desciphered this now! I know what and where so do I keep the info at hand and bring it along to the German briefing on Saturday or do I need to pass it on somewhere??

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/08/2010 4:41 pm

Zero Bravo
(@zero-bravo)
Famed Member

Ha, thought that would give it away! Keep it under your hat to share with your comrades when the time comes.
See if anyone else can pick it up :whistle:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/08/2010 4:50 pm

fremsley
(@fremsley)
Prominent Member

Too late Jerry - you've been rumbled - M16 have come up trumps and cracked it!

I'm a hero with coward's legs.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/08/2010 8:42 pm

(@kroot)
Reputable Member

Well done chaps, that'll show those Hun!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/08/2010 8:52 pm

Zero Bravo
(@zero-bravo)
Famed Member

Good stuff, glad I got some of you thinking, the thing is with information is that it's only any use, if you know what context it is to be used in, and what to do with that info once you've got it :wink:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/08/2010 9:09 pm

rifleman6925
(@rifleman6925)
Prominent Member

Looks like I will be joining the germans as a late entrant, heer or ss havnt decided

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/09/2010 11:53 pm

Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

Looks like I will be joining the germans as a late entrant, heer or ss havnt decided

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

Excellent news. :good:

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 03/09/2010 8:15 am

Page 3 / 3

Share: