Notifications
Clear all

Operation Sealion, Ford Rifle Ranges 4th & 5th September

Page 1 / 6

Zero Bravo
(@zero-bravo)
Famed Member

Operation Sea Lion,

A proposed WW2 re-enactment event, to be held at Ford Rifle Ranges on the 4th & 5th September 2010
The main part of the weekend will be based around an Airsoft WW2 re-enactment battle. One of the Comrades in Arms guides for running games suggests to create “What if” scenarios and on this basis I propose to run this game.

The Venue,
Ford Rifle Ranges are in West Sussex very close to the coast, halfway between Littlehampton and Bognor Regis, just north of the A259. The range itself is sited on part of the runway that formed Ford Airfield. The airfield has been used by the military throughout its life and was very busy during the war years, along with Tangmere and Shoreham.

The Scenario.
The Battle of Britain fails for the Allied side, the might of the Luftwaffe proved to be just too much, and we were unable to defend our airfields suffering great losses. In the days that followed there was a massive bombing campaign and Britain braced itself ready to repel the forthcoming invasion. There was massive troop movements within the country and battle plans that had been drawn up and prepared for many years previously, came into play. The Home Guard Auxiliary Units were brought out from under cover, the SOE armed themselves and the first of the reserve troops started to arrive along the coastline, ready to repel the borders.
All along the coast, people were evicted from their homes and found soldiers digging slit trenches in their gardens. The coastal ports were bristling with arms but some of the less protected sections of the coast had to rely on the strength and resolve of their defenders.
No one knew for sure where and when the main invasion force would come and having lost air supremacy and RADAR we were down to coastal spotters.
The first signs of the impending storm were raiding parties by elite Axis troops to take out vital areas of importance to the Allies.
Our scenario is based on that event and what could have happened had the Axis tried a land invasion.

Ammo limits have changed from OP they now stand at 150 snipers 600 rpl infantry and 2500 support weapons.

Axis forces to be made up of SS troops, with a minimal amount of camo and wearing as much Feldgrau as possible (Either jacket or trousers mixed with the camo, and Heer in Feldgrau only although splinter zeltbahns will be ok, especially in the case of Churchill’s revenge

Allied forces to be either civilian, “Home Guard” and Auxiliary Units, SOE Early war British or Canadian with as much leeway as look alike rules will allow, I wouldn’t want to force anyone to go and purchase new kit, when look alike will suffice.

There will be camping available on the Friday night the Saturday and the Sunday. I'll post up more details and prices as soon as I have things confirmed but I wanted to post this date out there so that people can make a note in their diarys.

Topic starter Posted : 05/02/2010 6:12 pm

couchpotato
(@couchpotato)
Estimable Member

I will have a bit of this, if it comes off. Please put my name down for the SS.
Rob.

Lt. Morris Schaffer: "Second rate punk," eh?
Major John Smith: Sorry. All I could think of on the spur of the moment.
Lt. Morris Schaffer: Thanks, that makes it even worse.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/02/2010 8:25 pm

Zero Bravo
(@zero-bravo)
Famed Member

Oh it's going ahead fella I've spent three months getting permission from the local farmer to use the surrounding land. We will be having some local WW2 vehicle enthusiasts that are willing to bring along their stuff and set up displays. I'm hoping to sort a beer tent for the Friday and Saturday night and I've even booked a Hog Roast for the Saturday!
Julian from Epic has expressed an interest in bringing down a display and the guys from Drop Zone in Bury are also keen.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 05/02/2010 8:35 pm

couchpotato
(@couchpotato)
Estimable Member

Well count me, Rich and Otto in so thats 3 SS already. See you next Saturday. By the way you still have not put mine and Rich down for the Battle for Brittany.
Rob.

Lt. Morris Schaffer: "Second rate punk," eh?
Major John Smith: Sorry. All I could think of on the spur of the moment.
Lt. Morris Schaffer: Thanks, that makes it even worse.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/02/2010 8:39 pm

Kermit
(@kermit)
Famed Member

This has got my interest. Will have to check the diary. SS, of course....

When we were a Kingdom it was run by a King
When we were an Empire it was run by an Empress
Now we're a country we're run by a..........

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/02/2010 11:49 pm

(@bedsnherts)
Famed Member

There's a LOT more awesomeness about this event that Jimbo is keeping under his cap comforter :wink:

It's gonna be a good'un :good:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/02/2010 7:27 am

JD7
 JD7
(@jd7)
Illustrious Member

need to check the dates, but vesting an interest

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/02/2010 8:44 am

fremsley
(@fremsley)
Prominent Member

Ya Beauty Jimbo! I remember us chatting about something like this at Jubilee - well done indeed for getting it sorted.

This may be of some interest;

http://www.auxunit.org.uk/

I'm a hero with coward's legs.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/02/2010 8:47 am

fremsley
(@fremsley)
Prominent Member

Can we make a springer version?!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northover_Projector

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/02/2010 9:09 am

Pete_59
(@pete_59)
Noble Member

how about a muzzle loading one using the 2 stage thermobarics used in some of the morters that have been used in various games

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/02/2010 10:09 am

Boshman
(@boshman)
Noble Member

Sounds great Jimbo! I'm in, work permitting.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

“I wanted to come to the Volga at a specific location at a specific city. By chance it carries the name of Stalin himself. So don’t think I marched there for this reason – it could carry another name – but because there is a very important goal... this goal I wanted to take – and you know – we are very modest, we have it already."
Adolf Hitler, November 1942

"Comrades, Red Army men, commanders and political workers, men and women guerrillas! It is on your perseverance, staunchness, fighting skill and readiness to discharge your duty to the country that the defeat of the German-fascist army and the liberation of the Soviet land from the Hitlerite invaders depend! We can and must clear the Soviet land of Hitlerite vermin."
Joseph Stalin, November 1942

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/02/2010 10:20 am

Yith
(@yith)
Illustrious Member

Very interested.... it would have to be the week before the Victory show though wouldn't it! :(

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/02/2010 10:45 am

Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

Sounds great Jimbo - work / home life permitting, I will be there.

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/02/2010 11:27 am

fremsley
(@fremsley)
Prominent Member

how about a muzzle loading one using the 2 stage thermobarics used in some of the morters that have been used in various games

You lost me at 'how about....

Is there a link/thread for such devices?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/02/2010 2:52 pm

Chomley-Warner
(@admin-infinity)
Illustrious Member Admin

Probably somewhat academic as I'm sure direct fire of charges wouldn't be legal, perhaps spigot mortar might be workable.
But for reference fremsley, its the mortar system used by CiA and Gunman using special pyro from TLSFX. The pyro looks similar to a thermobaric grenade but has two charges lit by one fuse. Fuse is struck and grenade dropped down the mortar tube. First charge goes off hurling the thermobaric out as the fuse burns to the second charge which is timed to roughly the point of landing. Bang to launch, bang at target. Nifty and legal.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/02/2010 3:19 pm

fremsley
(@fremsley)
Prominent Member

Thanks for that. So springer is no go legally? I suppose the mortar aspect makes sense. Shame, as i'd like to have had a go at making a Northover.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/02/2010 3:28 pm

marsha
(@marsha)
Noble Member

count me in

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/02/2010 5:03 pm

HeadShot
(@headshot)
Illustrious Member

Can't make this one. Sounds good though!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/02/2010 5:16 pm

Joseph Porta
(@joseph-porta)
Famed Member

sounds great, but ill be just back off holiday, and the wife and kids are back at uni and school the week after, id get me arse kicked if i used the last weekend for airsoft :(

good luck though :good:

"Take that you rotton helping of strawberry flan!"
Joseph Porta to "strawberrys and cream", in the sven hassel book ,ogpu prison

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/02/2010 9:48 pm

JD7
 JD7
(@jd7)
Illustrious Member

sounds great, but ill be just back off holiday, and the wife and kids are back at uni and school the week after, id get me arse kicked if i used the last weekend for airsoft :(

You know you want to

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/02/2010 8:42 am

Page 1 / 6

Share: