Notifications
Clear all

Who's coming?

Page 3 / 3

Chomley-Warner
(@admin-infinity)
Illustrious Member Admin

...any ideas though where I could pick up a cheap pair of marching boots?

Aye, these are what I was wearing at Jedburgh: http://www.epicmilitaria.com/product.php/51/leather-jack-boots-with-heelplate
I have had a cobbler affix hobnails for me (not necessary at all). If you have your CiA membership card you can ask for a discount too!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/07/2010 4:44 pm

Hurrah
(@hurrah)
Reputable Member

I should be ok thanks, It's just little things like another belt for down the bar in the evenings, and wound badge etc for my tunic as it looks a bit bare at the moment and it has been used a few times now so I could do with putting something on to mark that, no eastern front ribon as according to this that has not even happened yet, any ideas though where I could pick up a cheap pair of marching boots?

Belt for down the bar? Planning for some tutonic expansion :giggle: :whistle:

As for boots, define cheap?

A quick scan of ebay, post war boots with heel shoes seem to vary between £50-60 including postage,

Search on "german jack boots"

The much later type with all plastic/rubber soles, as little as £35.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GERMAN-Knobelbech ... 68c63c395a

With some of the comments about leather soled shoes during our last winter/spring season (when wet, damned cold to unfomfortable levels despite lots of running about), the cheaper might be a better bet unless someone knows of a flaw with these?

To the tune of "Mademoiselle from Armentières"

Napoleons army ran away, As you do
The guard stood firm for Frances Pride, As you do
They said the guard will stand and die
But we heard what their Colonel cried
It wasn't pretty I tell you.

Resistance is fertile

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/07/2010 4:48 pm

Steinlager
(@steinlager)
Reputable Member

Excellent, Paul. Let me know if you're short of any bits.

Cheers Andy, I'll have a check when I get back off holiday and see if I can put two sets of gear together.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/07/2010 4:56 pm

Boshman
(@boshman)
Noble Member

Cheers Andy, I'll have a check when I get back off holiday and see if I can put two sets of gear together.

Ian and me have plenty of lend bits too Paul if you need anything :good:

“I wanted to come to the Volga at a specific location at a specific city. By chance it carries the name of Stalin himself. So don’t think I marched there for this reason – it could carry another name – but because there is a very important goal... this goal I wanted to take – and you know – we are very modest, we have it already."
Adolf Hitler, November 1942

"Comrades, Red Army men, commanders and political workers, men and women guerrillas! It is on your perseverance, staunchness, fighting skill and readiness to discharge your duty to the country that the defeat of the German-fascist army and the liberation of the Soviet land from the Hitlerite invaders depend! We can and must clear the Soviet land of Hitlerite vermin."
Joseph Stalin, November 1942

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/07/2010 9:04 pm

Steinlager
(@steinlager)
Reputable Member

Ian and me have plenty of lend bits too Paul if you need anything :good:

Thanks Neil, :D

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/07/2010 9:14 pm

Zero Bravo
(@zero-bravo)
Famed Member

-- attachment is not available --

Spigot Mortar, or so I'm told. Prop only at the moment but we've got 4 weeks yet. Might be good for a spot of marshall co-ordinated battleships type thing, might just be a position to take :wink:

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 27/07/2010 11:01 pm

fremsley
(@fremsley)
Prominent Member

Fab Jimbo -any chance we can make up a Northover Projector springer?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

I'm a hero with coward's legs.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/07/2010 7:28 am

Hurrah
(@hurrah)
Reputable Member

Spigot Mortar, or so I'm told. Prop only at the moment but we've got 4 weeks yet. Might be good for a spot of marshall co-ordinated battleships type thing, might just be a position to take :wink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blacker_Bombard

Kind of an over-engineerd Piat. Apparently a few used were with some success during the siege of Tobruk, vindicating it to some measure as a defensive anti-tank weapon.

To the tune of "Mademoiselle from Armentières"

Napoleons army ran away, As you do
The guard stood firm for Frances Pride, As you do
They said the guard will stand and die
But we heard what their Colonel cried
It wasn't pretty I tell you.

Resistance is fertile

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/07/2010 12:37 pm

Zero Bravo
(@zero-bravo)
Famed Member

Apparently the spigot Mortar round had a nasty habit of propelling its fins right back at the point of firing, not so good.
Northover Projector, Got a team working on it and as it's breech loading, we should be able to use 12 bore blanks, so this one we can make go bang :good:

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 28/07/2010 8:18 pm

fremsley
(@fremsley)
Prominent Member

Fantastic Jimbo. Let me know there is anything I can do to help.

I'm a hero with coward's legs.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/07/2010 7:47 am

dadio
(@dadio)
Famed Member

just sent me money cant wait seems like everybody has made a huge effort ,cant wait to see some of the spetial weapons that people have made espetially the lewis as thats next on my list of favourite unobtainables to have a go at.

armoury
m1a1 Thompson,sten mk2,mp40,stg44,sterling,mk2 bren gun,lee Enfield no4 mk1,Mauser Kar98, Walther ppk,smith and Weston m10 and Mauser m712
Give me a big enough hammer and a place to stand and I could fix the world.
i'll kill a man in a fair fight or if i think he's going to start a fair fight or over a woman or.......
a problem shared is a problem halved ,but an advantage shared is no advantage at all
if a job's not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/08/2010 11:36 am

Steinlager
(@steinlager)
Reputable Member

just sent me money cant wait seems like everybody has made a huge effort ,cant wait to see some of the spetial weapons that people have made espetially the lewis as thats next on my list of favourite unobtainables to have a go at.

Glad you can make it, is your bren going to be finished by then? Not sure I fancy being on the receiving end.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/08/2010 1:26 pm

Hänschen klein
(@hanschen-klein)
Famed Member

Well done Gavin for swinging a pass lets hope the Bren is NOT finished lol :giggle:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/08/2010 4:30 pm

Hänschen klein
(@hanschen-klein)
Famed Member

Jimbo Do we need some tickets? Why I ask is that friends of mine have received a Word Doc with tickets but he paid by Paypal and I paid at the Bank??

Cheers
Gordon

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/08/2010 4:32 pm

Zero Bravo
(@zero-bravo)
Famed Member

I'll get on it fella :wink:

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 23/08/2010 8:41 pm

rifleman6925
(@rifleman6925)
Prominent Member

Jimbo I know its short notice but might be able to have weekend off work (got to sweet talk my SSgt). If I can would I be able to turn up and pay on the day, I will bring both US & German geer so I can slot in wherever, cherrs, Tony

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/09/2010 9:09 pm

Zero Bravo
(@zero-bravo)
Famed Member

Yes you can turn up and pay on the day mate, you're very welcome, we could do with a few more Germans to put pressure on the home team.
The local allied team have been out and seen the ground, but that's ok because they would have good local knowledge, what they dont know is what it's like to combat an experienced opporsition :)

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 02/09/2010 9:27 pm

rifleman6925
(@rifleman6925)
Prominent Member

Cheers mate will find out tomorrow and if can get time off I will travel down tomorrow, cheers, Tony

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/09/2010 9:46 pm

Page 3 / 3

Share: