Notifications
Clear all

My Polish WW2 Uniforms

16 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@munyecho)
Topic starter

My Polish WW2 uniforms-- attachment is not available ---- attachment is not available --

Posted : 26/07/2014 3:24 pm
(@prideofengland)
Noble Member

Looks very nice :good: Is that a winged hussar emblem on the sleeve? what unit does that represent?

Posted : 26/07/2014 4:40 pm
(@wladek)
Famed Member

Looks very nice :good: Is that a winged hussar emblem on the sleeve? what unit does that represent?

It's the badge of 1st Armoured Division

Posted : 26/07/2014 5:14 pm
(@munyecho)
Topic starter

yes, it is. The 1st uniform is a 1st Polish Armoured Division, the 2nd one is a made to measure Polish 1939 Uniform

Posted : 26/07/2014 11:46 pm
(@wladek)
Famed Member

are those the long puttees on the '39 uniform? They look very large.

Posted : 27/07/2014 1:33 pm
(@munyecho)
Topic starter

It was the whole package - the uniform, puttees, Halsztuk polowy wz.36 (don't know the English word for that), a hat (four-cornered cap - rogatywka). It was made to measure by a company in Bydgoszcz.

Posted : 27/07/2014 1:51 pm
(@munyecho)
Topic starter

I am not a reenactor. I have this uniform made because I always wanted one. Still missing proper boots and few other items-- attachment is not available --

Posted : 27/07/2014 1:58 pm
fremsley
(@fremsley)
Prominent Member

Is there a link to the website that sells the uniform - very interested?!

I'm a hero with coward's legs.

Posted : 27/07/2014 8:17 pm
(@munyecho)
Topic starter

There is a company that can make you a Polish or German uniform - you need to send them your measurement (quite a lot of them - 12 or so - waist, head etc). It takes about 3 weeks and you are getting a very well made uniform. The problem is that this is a company based in Poland and you need to send them money before getting the uniform so I don't know how it works with sending it outside Poland (If they agree to do it)

Posted : 28/07/2014 3:11 pm
(@wladek)
Famed Member

Sounds like Yanik - he made (most of) mine/ours too.

I made sure when I contacted him to ask 'what deposit he wanted?', so as to avoid paying up front. It is kind of a ball ache with only bank transfers - it makes you scream for the Euro please. But he does deliver*. There will be another order going in to him at some point for fancy-dud hats and some bits and bobs. Dunno when but I can let you know if you would like?

The closest you get to an actual website that sells them is Czarnecki ( http://www.munduryczarnecki.pl/ ) which are very nice for horsey uniforms, but more costly.

If you are wanting something in English with a paypal option forgett-a about it :giggle: , but most people are nice and friendly once you email them.

*note: or at least has delivered, up until now.

Posted : 28/07/2014 4:02 pm
(@munyecho)
Topic starter

yes, it was Yanik

Posted : 28/07/2014 4:57 pm
fremsley
(@fremsley)
Prominent Member

Cheers guys. yes let me know if you are ordering. Its a shame i cant get hold of any cold war stuff either with the exception of a Puma pattern jacket and backpack and a Rain pattern Rogatyvka.

I saw a group of Polish MP re-enactors/living history at the W&P show - they were great.

I've still got my friend's uncle's Polish battledress which i was going to donate to the Sikorski museum, but sadly they were not that interested.

I'm a hero with coward's legs.

Posted : 29/07/2014 5:45 pm
(@munyecho)
Topic starter

that's a shame fremsley that they didn't want it. do you have any pictures of this battledress? I'd love to see it.

Posted : 02/08/2014 4:09 pm
(@wladek)
Famed Member

that's a shame fremsley that they didn't want it. do you have any pictures of this battledress? I'd love to see it.

There are some pics of it here: viewtopic.php?f=122&t=9269

Posted : 03/08/2014 1:32 pm
(@munyecho)
Topic starter

great stuff, I'd love to have a real one like that. stuff like that is priceless!

Posted : 03/08/2014 2:37 pm
(@wladek)
Famed Member

Some of our Poles getting out for the weekend at the Early War game.

Posted : 23/09/2014 3:53 pm
Share: