Notifications
Clear all

Event details

Page 1 / 2

rabbitspacker
(@rabbitspacker)
Honorable Member

A one day event held on Saturday 7th October 2017
To be held at Combat South Woodland site.Mayles lane, Knowle Wickham, Hampshire .PO17 5LE.
Telephone - shop 02392 655636 contact Russ or Ian
Organizers Steve jewer, Steve Jones, Russ Banks.
COST -£20 FOR THE DAY
Time-Gate opens 07:30hrs.Sign in at 09;00hrs. Briefing at 09:45hrs-event start 10:00hrs approx. end game 16:00hrs approx. .Depends on the daylight hours. Those that are camping Friday please give me rough time you will arrive thanks
Lunch to be taken in the field so as not to loose game flow. Orders of the days game play will be given to COs along with map.
Site has ample parking close to the Covered safe zone, male female WC, on sight shop for BB,s Pyro Mk5 bangs, smoke grenades, pea grenades, mortar rounds,- sweets and soft drinks,battery charging available . Camping available.
First Aid Post on sight. FREE Tea ,Coffee and water. Camping overnight Friday and Saturday available.
Please let Steve Doc know if you have any ongoing medical problems before the event thanks

Ruhr Pocket Germany 1945
Background to event-Loosely based on the actual event. The Ruhr Pocket took place in Germany 1945 a major resistance on Germany's western front, The Allied forces US and Brits having crossed the Rhine fanned out into the German hinterland, which became a battle of encirclement by the Allied force. The US Army and British Army formed a pincer movement, supported by US Airborne and British Para, who had previously landed from operation Varasity. Facing the Allies were the remnants of a shattered Wehrmacht, a few SS training units, the Volkssturm and Hitlerjugend. This would not be a walk over for the Allies as they were fighting on German Soil. The Germans vowed to fight to the bitter end to defend their homeland and give no quarter.

See Game rules for medic and regen.
The site is about 90 acres woodland with some open areas, A large village with metal buildings some with a first floor,3 Bridges, large fort, farm with buildings and animal pens, fuel dump, plenty of man made cover, the site is reasonably flat so easy on the Knees, maps will be given to CO stating objectives for the day,
For those that want to see what WW2 is about. View Combat South WW2 past event Aachen 2015 and St Vith 2015 on this forum.

Topic starter Posted : 16/03/2017 4:40 pm

philthy
(@philthy)
Trusted Member

Nice one chaps, you can count us 5x in ...
We'll book up as soon as thread is up
:happyswing:

Phil

Tony
Shultz
Trig
Pierre

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/03/2017 9:24 am

Hänschen klein
(@hanschen-klein)
Famed Member

Working that day but putting in Leave so Sven and I will be there :good:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/03/2017 11:29 am

rabbitspacker
(@rabbitspacker)
Honorable Member

Cheers Gents for support,

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 17/03/2017 2:27 pm

(@jerry-a-trick)
Reputable Member

Steve
I'm up for this one without a doubt.
Peter.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/03/2017 3:15 pm

(@mattywheels)
Noble Member

Will be there Steve :good:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/03/2017 3:27 pm

Granger
(@granger)
Noble Member

I'm up for this. Any excuse to get the Brit airborne kit out

Regards,

Ralph

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/03/2017 3:38 pm

paule
(@paule)
Estimable Member

not school holidays and nice and early so I can book the time from work - yep I'm up for it preferably us airborne or infantry

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/03/2017 4:11 pm

Bravo-2-6
(@bravo-2-6)
Estimable Member

Gebirgsjager Veteran in for a final fight! :P Count me in!

Jack

Designated Support Gunner- Maybe one day i may actually hit someone!

Armoury
Germany: MG42, MP40, Mauser M712
Italy: Berretta M38A
U.S.A: M1918SLR B.A.R
U.K: Lee Enfield SMLE

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/03/2017 5:04 pm

Zero Bravo
(@zero-bravo)
Famed Member

Looking forward to it already, may even swap sides and go gebirgsjager for this one :)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/03/2017 8:15 pm

rabbitspacker
(@rabbitspacker)
Honorable Member

Cheers folks for your support :good:

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 29/03/2017 3:12 pm

(@torrance)

Hi everyone,

i'm new to the wwii airsoft thing and got a few questions. My friend and i are considering to join the event in october. We'are both from Germany, so there is a little planning needed for this kind of trip:

1. My friend has a airborne paratrooper uniform, i have a ranger uniform. Is it still possible to play in the same unit?
2. Weapons: We have an ICS Garand (1.5 joule; 427 fps with 0.2 bbs) and a King Arms Thompson (1.5 joule; 400 fps with 0.2 bbs). How do we decrease the power of the Garand? The Thompson is currently cut down to semi-automatic (german law). I was planning to buy a selector plate to have full auto when playing in Britain. I haven't seen any restrictions for the Thompson in the description above. Is there a power limit too? Does the firerate (Semi/Full auto) make any difference in terms of a possible power restriction?
3. Has anyone experience with bringing airsoft guns to Britain by airplane? (permission etc.)

Greetings,
Torrance

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/04/2017 9:41 pm

rabbitspacker
(@rabbitspacker)
Honorable Member

Uniforms okay can be in same unit.
All weapons semi or auto 350 fps including Garrands and Thompsons.
As for bringing airsoft weapons in UK from Germany, not really sure so you need to seek legal advice regarding airsoft weapons the law is very strict in the UK Members on the forum may be able to help, ask in any questions on the event, regards Steve.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 10/04/2017 5:13 pm

Chomley-Warner
(@admin-infinity)
Illustrious Member Admin

I have had French, Belgium, Dutch and Germans attend games with guns. It is possible to bring airsoft RIFs into the country temporarily, but it must be pre-arranged with HMRC/Border Force to get correct paperwork. That said, there maybe difficulty with carrier rules - whatever the legality, plane or ferry rules may be more restrictive than the law, no matter what a letter from a UK agency says. And I know it isn't possible to drive through the Netherlands with an airsoft gun - I guess you knew that, as you want to fly.

I do remember a HMRC chap saying he UK is perfectly happy for a foreigner to buy a RIF in this country and leave with it (that is to say the UK purchasing rules don't apply) but you still have the problem of persuading a retailer that you are exempt, plus all of the above paragraph malarkey.

Frankly, given the state of alert at airports and ports and other sensitive places, it doesn't make much sense giving the slightest alarm to anyone - even if it is technically possible, one way or the other, the easiest option is to borrow or hire a gun in this country.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/04/2017 6:58 pm

(@torrance)

Thanks for the answers and information!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/04/2017 7:25 pm

rabbitspacker
(@rabbitspacker)
Honorable Member

Hi CW. Thanks for the help with Torrance question ,

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 10/04/2017 9:41 pm

(@jerry-a-trick)
Reputable Member

Hi Torrance
I'm sure that if you are that intrested in attending this game & are willing to travel all this way then i'my sure I can lend you both a weapon & what is even better is the fact that I also play the games as U S Infantry & Airborne with a good selection of weapons to go with the loadouts
So you would have a good choice in what you would like to use.
See yards
Peter.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/04/2017 12:14 pm

(@torrance)

Thank you, jerry. That is really nice of you. If we can make it possible to come to the event, i will come back to your offer :D
Greetings
Torrance

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/04/2017 2:38 pm

(@jerry-a-trick)
Reputable Member

No worries & that offer would be for anytime. :good:
See ya.
Peter

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/04/2017 4:44 pm

rabbitspacker
(@rabbitspacker)
Honorable Member

Some units will be supplied with free Pyro for the objectives, these will be carried by sappers in ammo boxes.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 22/04/2017 8:48 am

Page 1 / 2

Share: