Notifications
Clear all

Gratuitous knees thread!

Seanebabes
(@seanebabes)
Reputable Member

Didn’t we have lots of lovely shorts? So, how were the shorts for you? I didn’t manage to get shot in the bare leg so no problem there. I did get shot in the arse, so presumably my bum looked big in them, but I can live with that. I noticed a couple of scratches on the day, but after I got back and washed my legs it looked like somebody had gone at them with wire wool. You can’t see half the damage on the photo below (sorry about that, another gratuitous opportunity to show my knees).
I recommend the shorts kept me nice and cool all day and if I didn’t notice the scratches as they happened they can’t be that bad can they.
And they are damned smart! :giggle:
More games for the shorts please!-- attachment is not available --

Topic starter Posted : 13/05/2013 12:04 pm

Chomley-Warner
(@admin-infinity)
Illustrious Member Admin

Posting filth like that makes the case even stronger for LESS games with shorts. : sick : :tongue:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/05/2013 12:17 pm

Moss
 Moss
(@moss)
Prominent Member

I've only got a few scratches on my knees, nothing too bad... I did get shot in the inner thigh though, a few inches down from my goolies! :shock:
But that said, I would happily wear KD again if the scenario called for it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/05/2013 3:04 pm

dcheetham89
(@dcheetham89)
Reputable Member

Im glad its not just me! It wasnt until i got in the bath and though, oh my legs sting...only when seeing the red everywhere did i realise actually I got hit, that and laying down disarming the bomb. Definitely need more KD in the world, north africa game please, and i know just where to do it... http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home ... a.20886146

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/05/2013 3:52 pm

(@kroot)
Reputable Member

Yep I think I can join the 'bloody knee' club as well. Once all the chalk and dust went I found some grand 'ol scratches. Never felt them at the time. Fear is a wonderful painkiller :lol:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/05/2013 5:21 pm

Ramsay00105
(@ramsay00105)
Honorable Member

Even with all the driving I managed to get my legs scratched up as well. I was only hit once above the knee and that was by you Seane :good:

I look forward to a chance to be out in KD shorts again. Some more outings in the Med and North Africa would be great.

15 Plt. C Coy 2 Batt. S STAFFORDS 1st Airlanding Brigade 1st Airborne Division
The Hallamshire Battalion Y&L Regiment 146 Infantry Brigade 49 Inf Division

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/05/2013 8:03 pm

fremsley
(@fremsley)
Prominent Member

As an officer I refuse to discuss knees with ORs. Standards must be maintained for discipline and gout!

I'm a hero with coward's legs.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/05/2013 9:28 pm

Yith
(@yith)
Illustrious Member

I raise your slightly scratched knees, by my heavily scratched knees with a large burning red rash on one side...

It HURTS!

Still worth every minute...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/05/2013 1:01 pm

Cheeky Chappy
(@cheeky-chappy)
Estimable Member

I think I may have spotted a new market for FLESH TONE KNEEPADS! :giggle:

Hitler was a better dancer than Churchill, he was a better skater than Churchill . . .

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/05/2013 10:32 pm

Share: