Notifications
Clear all

How Was It For You? After Battle Reports!

Page 3 / 3

(@prideofengland)
Noble Member

to the compound, otherwise referred to as grenade central.

:rofl:

Yes but seriously on the subject of grenades I have to say after Gordons pre game talk on the subject, this was the best game I have seen for people taking grenade hits. Some retreated a few steps so they did not blow up in their face but nobody I saw ran outside the 5m radius, everyone took there kills. Well done everyone :D

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/05/2013 4:40 pm

CHThree
(@chthree)
Noble Member

How did the mortar work, game-wise?

Very well was the answer :lol: . Well, once I'd figured out the windage. There was a kill radius from where the smoke landed.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/05/2013 7:18 pm

MartinR
(@martinr)
Famed Member

The rule about not running from grenades worked really well, well and as Tim said, said people were really good about taking grenade hits. There was one which went off a bit too close to me when so was 'dead', which I wish I had got out of the way of. Deafened me and the blast actually hurt, it was one of those really loud ones.

Cheers
Martin

"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/05/2013 8:46 pm

Cheeky Chappy
(@cheeky-chappy)
Estimable Member

Pride of England said:

Yes but seriously on the subject of grenades I have to say after Gordons pre game talk on the subject, this was the best game I have seen for people taking grenade hits. Some retreated a few steps so they did not blow up in their face but nobody I saw ran outside the 5m radius, everyone took there kills. Well done everyone

I agree Tim. . . .
My favourite grenade moment was in the buildings towards the end of the day. Tim and I were re clearing the first building after seeing two Tommies re enter it. There were a few tense minutes of creeping quietly about whilst trying to see/hear the enemy. Finally the two Tommies gave their position away through whispered exchanges. I covered the door with my machine pistol and indicated to Tim that he should take a grenade from my pack and throw it in the room. As the wizz bang fizzed away the Brits did want to exit the room but only because of the noise of the imminent explosion and they both took the hit like gentlemen. The grenade rules worked well and I applaud everyone for making that the case. :good:

Hitler was a better dancer than Churchill, he was a better skater than Churchill . . .

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/05/2013 9:52 pm

Cheeky Chappy
(@cheeky-chappy)
Estimable Member

Dave and Martin on Friday evening.
-- attachment is not available --
Yorkshiremen abroad!!! 8)

Hitler was a better dancer than Churchill, he was a better skater than Churchill . . .

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/05/2013 10:23 pm

MartinR
(@martinr)
Famed Member

I amazed the creases in my BD trousers have lasted all this time. The power of wool!

I reckon the FJ walking out uniform is one of the smartest WW2 uniforms ever.

Cheers
Martin

Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/05/2013 8:03 am

mr cake
(@mr-cake)
Estimable Member

sometimes i regret ever leaving the uk....mostly cuz of this website! :shock:

looks like much fun was had.....any kiwi battalions represented during this event? :ghey:

Kiwi airsofter, just pew-pewing.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/05/2013 8:10 am

Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

We knew there were lots of Aussie and Kiwi troops on Crete, but we thought we'd better keep things simple. :)

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/05/2013 4:57 pm

Joseph Porta
(@joseph-porta)
Famed Member

Well done everyone,

that looked like a bloody superb game.

:good:

"Take that you rotton helping of strawberry flan!"
Joseph Porta to "strawberrys and cream", in the sven hassel book ,ogpu prison

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/05/2013 10:29 pm

CHThree
(@chthree)
Noble Member

-- attachment is not available ---- attachment is not available ---- attachment is not available --

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/06/2013 8:09 pm

CHThree
(@chthree)
Noble Member

-- attachment is not available ---- attachment is not available ---- attachment is not available --

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/06/2013 8:10 pm

CHThree
(@chthree)
Noble Member

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/06/2013 8:13 pm

CHThree
(@chthree)
Noble Member

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/06/2013 8:15 pm

CHThree
(@chthree)
Noble Member

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/06/2013 8:19 pm

Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

Excellent, Ranj. Taken with a "proper" camera, I take it?

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/06/2013 8:32 pm

Cheeky Chappy
(@cheeky-chappy)
Estimable Member

Great new pics. . . . . .
Ah! The battle for Crete. We were just talking about this event the other night in the local. I recon it's the best event I have been to in WW2 airsoft to date. Well done Steiner and the guys. Brilliant weekend. :good:

Steve.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/06/2013 8:46 pm

CHThree
(@chthree)
Noble Member

Yes, and don't all the socks look a bit green? The prints are the same. Must be the film stock.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/06/2013 10:26 pm

MartinR
(@martinr)
Famed Member

Fantastic photos as ever Ranj.

Cheers
Martin

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/06/2013 7:41 am

Hänschen klein
(@hanschen-klein)
Famed Member

Really great pics shows what a great event it was :good:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/06/2013 8:15 am

Ramsay00105
(@ramsay00105)
Honorable Member

Yes, and don't all the socks look a bit green? The prints are the same. Must be the film stock.

Thanks for the pics, great to see a few more with the Brits on.
You are right on the colour. The other colours look true to how I see them. It only seems to involve the long wool hose which look green rather than the dark Khaki I remember. Those wearing hose tops like kilacommie look the same dark greeny brown that they really are. Interesting point to think about when looking a colour prints!

15 Plt. C Coy 2 Batt. S STAFFORDS 1st Airlanding Brigade 1st Airborne Division
The Hallamshire Battalion Y&L Regiment 146 Infantry Brigade 49 Inf Division

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/06/2013 12:18 pm

Page 3 / 3

Share: