Notifications
Clear all

Krauts at Crete

Page 4 / 4

Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

FJ - we will be trying to reproduce some of the practical difficulties which would have been encountered. You will be landing singly, without your main weapon, and with no clear idea of where you actually are. Although you won't have the difficulty of dealing with your 'chute (unless someone is really going for the ultimate full-kit challenge!), you will be "jumping" with your Knockensack OVER all your webbing, just as the real guys did. When you land, you will need to get your kit organised, find your comrades and your weapons.

I strongly advise you practise at home and make sure your kit and webbing is all adjusted properly - I've just done it for myself.

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/05/2013 3:11 pm

shellshokt
(@shellshokt)
Reputable Member

Andy,
I don't think my webbing will fit under my converted dutch coveralls, they are a snug fit with just woolie troos and a T shirt :slap: I will try it out this week to see if it's doable but if it's a definite requirement for the game I will have to wear my splinter smock instead.

'shokt

"The older I grow the more I distrust the familiar doctrine that age brings wisdom"
H.L.Mencken

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/05/2013 7:39 pm

Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

Aw.. ok Steve. We certainly don't want to inconvenience peoples, so if you've made an effort to make a green smock, don't worry mate. :good:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/05/2013 7:59 pm

Ian
 Ian
(@ian)
Reputable Member

Boshman do you still have the splinter cover to lend out. If not does any body have a cover I can borrow, plain or splinter.
Thanks

Armoury: AGM MP40, AGM Sten MkII, K98K/vsr and Maruzen P38.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/05/2013 2:25 pm

Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

I do! :good:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/05/2013 3:58 pm

Ian
 Ian
(@ian)
Reputable Member

:kiss: , great stuff mate, be-lay the comment in the PM reply. :giggle:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/05/2013 4:17 pm

Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

To all FJ - I'd advise bringing a bit of old sheet or similar to wrap your main weapon in, just in case, whilst they're being transported in the drop cannisters. :good:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/05/2013 4:20 pm

Hänschen klein
(@hanschen-klein)
Famed Member

I do! :good:

I hope you are lending that to me :shock:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/05/2013 5:47 pm

Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

Oh... I have the memory of a goldfish! :oops: Herr Boshman - yours will also be required!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/05/2013 6:30 pm

Boshman
(@boshman)
Noble Member

Oh... I have the memory of a goldfish! :oops: Herr Boshman - yours will also be required!

Lol. Yup, I will bring it :good:

“I wanted to come to the Volga at a specific location at a specific city. By chance it carries the name of Stalin himself. So don’t think I marched there for this reason – it could carry another name – but because there is a very important goal... this goal I wanted to take – and you know – we are very modest, we have it already."
Adolf Hitler, November 1942

"Comrades, Red Army men, commanders and political workers, men and women guerrillas! It is on your perseverance, staunchness, fighting skill and readiness to discharge your duty to the country that the defeat of the German-fascist army and the liberation of the Soviet land from the Hitlerite invaders depend! We can and must clear the Soviet land of Hitlerite vermin."
Joseph Stalin, November 1942

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/05/2013 6:56 pm

Ian
 Ian
(@ian)
Reputable Member

Danke.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/05/2013 6:59 pm

Page 4 / 4

Share: