Notifications
Clear all

Any Questions ? Post them here Please

Page 1 / 2

Joseph Porta
(@joseph-porta)
Famed Member

Please keep this thread for game related questions, so i can find them and respond quickly, thanks

"Take that you rotton helping of strawberry flan!"
Joseph Porta to "strawberrys and cream", in the sven hassel book ,ogpu prison

Topic starter Posted : 07/04/2012 11:46 pm
rifleman6925
(@rifleman6925)
Prominent Member

Will there be any friggin ghost hunters on this one

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/04/2012 11:31 am
Joseph Porta
(@joseph-porta)
Famed Member

:D no not at all

Ive booked EXCLUSIVE USE OF THE SITE.

Thats why its being run so late in the year. I had to book the WHOLE weekend (2 nights and one day) to avoid any overlaps like the Anarchy game

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 08/04/2012 11:35 am
oddball
(@oddball)
Famed Member

Hey I booked the Saturday night with F&O as well right at the start I told them.
Anyway I am sure they won't let it happen again, they were supposed to be having a game there on the Saturday and we were to arrive as they finished, but they cancelled the Sat game and seemingly forgot about us.

Anyway water under the bridge :D

Anyway will there be volunteers to be Hitler?

Watch Vid
Free speech is expensive these days!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/04/2012 3:22 pm
Joseph Porta
(@joseph-porta)
Famed Member

The Führer Is already accounted for Nigel, I picked him at the conception of this event

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 08/04/2012 4:27 pm
cjw957
(@cjw957)
Famed Member

will the usa side be a "usa" side or infantry and airborne etc as pain in bum when come with team and get shoved off elsewhere if I in my airborne rather than infantry gear lol

cheers :)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/07/2012 2:32 pm
Joseph Porta
(@joseph-porta)
Famed Member

no airborne and infantry will work together, though small sqduads of men will be best, not all as one hodge podge , but i wont seperate friends at all

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 16/07/2012 9:35 pm
cjw957
(@cjw957)
Famed Member

cool means i can wear what i want and loan stuff :) cheers

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/07/2012 9:39 pm
Joseph Porta
(@joseph-porta)
Famed Member

UPDATE on the RULE SECTION.

After a lot of feedback on a previous CQB game, (chateau) ive decided to lower the ammo limit per life to 300 rounds (this can be carried however you want, a high cap, or several low caps)

for practical reasons (the battlefield will be fluid and moving around) , players must carry ammo, food and water to last the day, on their person

BUT YOU MUST ONLY USE 300 rds PER LIFE. (Support weapons 1200)

IF you run out of ammo before dying, you may only get some more by going back to a regen area.
or by taking ONE box of "30 rounds" from your commander, who will have a small supply of EMERGENCY AMMO (.20 blaster) in an ammo tin, boxed in 30 round packets, and when this box is empty, its gone, so commanders will be loathe to authorize its issue for no good reason.

also it places a real need to protect your support weapons. if your gunner dies you loose a LOT of firepower, and wont be able to hold positions for long.
300 rds will not last long in a firefight.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 17/07/2012 10:57 pm
Joker
(@joker)
Noble Member

May be able to get to this as it's 'local' - how strict are the (German) uniform requirements ......... ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Terms & Conditions of Sales :
Payment by Paypal only > Cleared funds must be available when deal is agreed - no e-Cheques.
Possible Swaps/Parts-Exs (with regular forum members only) -
* British BD Trousers & Blouse, to fit 48"-50" chest, 40"+ waist, tall fitting/long leg
* British Gaiters/Anklets, not blanco'd, largest size available

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/08/2012 11:13 am
Joseph Porta
(@joseph-porta)
Famed Member

hope you can make it mate, uniform requirements arnt that strict.

What are you thinking of wearing ? i can probably loan you some or all of the kit if youve got nothing and are under 42" chest 38* waist ?

any ww2 gun is acceptable. i can probably lend you a gun too if your stuck ?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 05/08/2012 10:14 pm
Joker
(@joker)
Noble Member

Appreciate the loan offer, cheers; however I'm a 50"+ chest.

I sold off a lot of kit last year, but I still have a few odds & sods left.

I've got an AGM mk2 Sten and a handful of mags, plus a low-power PPk springer and/or a Steyr NBB, which I picked up cheaply as it looks not dissimilar to the French Modele D, so I'm ok for weps.

As a top layer I was considering a home-brewed Gebirgs-type grey 3-pocket anorak or is that too far from the plan ?

Payment by Paypal only > Cleared funds must be available when deal is agreed - no e-Cheques.
* British BD Trousers & Blouse, to fit 48"-50" chest, 40"+ waist, tall fitting/long leg

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/08/2012 10:41 am
Joseph Porta
(@joseph-porta)
Famed Member

pm me a picture if you can joker

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 08/08/2012 12:39 pm
Tiny
 Tiny
(@tiny)
Reputable Member

I've got my jacket available if you want to borrow it mate. Don't think i'm wearing it on the day. I'm a big bloke, last suit I bought was either a 52 or 54 chest. Think the pants are ok too. I just need to make sure I won't need them, and i'll pencil 'em in for you to borrow. Might have a belt too

My Two Cents.....
Tiny

"I'll show you 'ow the English knock the top off a egg"

Weapons:-
MP40
Dboys K98
MG42
Thompson
plus loads of other modern day crap

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/08/2012 9:00 pm
(@prideofengland)
Noble Member

I'm a big bloke,

Having stroked your sausage.....I have to concur

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/08/2012 11:33 pm
Joker
(@joker)
Noble Member

I've got my jacket available if you want to borrow it mate. Don't think i'm wearing it on the day. I'm a big bloke, last suit I bought was either a 52 or 54 chest. Think the pants are ok too. I just need to make sure I won't need them, and i'll pencil 'em in for you to borrow. Might have a belt too

Cheers for that - I should be ok now though ( I have a cunning plan, my lord ......... ;) )

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/08/2012 4:01 pm
dadio
(@dadio)
Famed Member

how will i fare with hob nail boots in the tunnels? would it be best to find an alternative boot?

armoury
m1a1 Thompson,sten mk2,mp40,stg44,sterling,mk2 bren gun,lee Enfield no4 mk1,Mauser Kar98, Walther ppk,smith and Weston m10 and Mauser m712
Give me a big enough hammer and a place to stand and I could fix the world.
i'll kill a man in a fair fight or if i think he's going to start a fair fight or over a woman or.......
a problem shared is a problem halved ,but an advantage shared is no advantage at all
if a job's not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/09/2012 6:03 am
ww2stu
(@ww2stu)
Noble Member

how will i fare with hob nail boots in the tunnels? would it be best to find an alternative boot?

I was joking around with some germans last year at Anarchy about them falling over and slipping. But apparently none of them did. They however may of just been putting a brave face on it!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/09/2012 11:16 am
Chomley-Warner
(@admin-infinity)
Illustrious Member Admin

I've played there with hobnailed jackboots and hobnailed low boots there with no problem but you obviously have to be careful - I've also used 'em down the UCAP tunnels too. Impossible to be quiet and sneaky but sound awesome when stomping! Millions of soldiers in WW2 wore hobnailed boots so I think the issue is more of being not used to wearing hobnailed boots, if you see what I mean.

The worst experience I've had wearing studded boots was at the Château game where I was slipping all the time indoors - solely (geddit?) because of BBs on the ground making it a skating rink. So I'd say a scattering of BBs is more hazardous than hobnails and the two together make things really tricky.

The tunnels at Drakelow are swept by the staff after/before each event so the 'problem' only arises as the day progresses and even then only at hard-fought areas (the floor area of the site is vast).

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/09/2012 11:40 am
Simon
(@simon)
Estimable Member

hi whats the accepted lighting options, having played here before, its dark as ....a really dark thing. Im actually playing there this sunday in a modern game and therefore have a red lazer, tactical light etc, but obviously for a ww2 event these would not be appropriate, what options are allowed or is it literally playing in the dark. cheers

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/10/2012 1:20 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: