Notifications
Clear all

Thanks!

MartinR
(@martinr)
Famed Member

Thanks to Josh and the gang for a great weekend! Just got back completely knackered and surrounded by piles of wet gear, so will post further thoughts and pictures later.

Cheers
Martin

"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

Topic starter Posted : 23/11/2014 6:01 pm

StevF99
(@stevf99)
Estimable Member

Hear hear! Fantastic weekend even if the mortar has deafened me. Great time, good games and looking forward to more next year.

Steve

SnS SMLE, SnS No.4, ASG Sten gun, King Arms M1928A1, Projector Infantry Anti Tank, MkII 2" Mortar, Vickers .303

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/11/2014 6:35 pm

(@deinhardt)
Estimable Member

Agreed, thanks to everyone involved in organising, and especially to the fine chap that lent me his P38 once I'd finished filling my Kar98k with sand!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/11/2014 6:42 pm

Ox&Bucks
(@oxbucks)
Estimable Member

There is so much to say about why the past 2 days was so epic. I am buzzing.

The dunes, the trek, the scenery, the camaraderie, the Oscar winning death scenes, the tactics, the royal navy, the highly organised and efficient germans, the officers mess, the amount of equipment dropped by mistake and then found, everyone taking their hits, friendly fire, the death charges when all was lost and last but not least the British Mortar team were probably the most effective unit and a very welcome addition to the Brits!

Met some great people and as a total newbie to airsoft as a hobby and a newbie to WW2 the friendly help and advice people were willing to give me across the 2 days was a testament to the good nature the hobby should be played in!

Big thanks to all and especially the gunman team.

Current Arsenal: ICS Grease Gun, ICS M1 Garand, MP40, Viva Arms Sten Mk2.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/11/2014 7:16 pm

Zero Bravo
(@zero-bravo)
Famed Member

Just got back and I'm shattered but would like to echo the thanks to Josh and his team for providing an excellent weekend of airsoft and fun. Will post more tomorrow but wanted to voice my thanks.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/11/2014 7:32 pm

(@gunman)
Noble Member

Wow is all I can say. My faith in WW2 has been reenforced by an epic weekend and solid community of wonderful people. Old and new :good:

Thank you to my amazing crew and awesome players.

Thank you all xx

Heer Schmidt

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/11/2014 9:15 am

MartinR
(@martinr)
Famed Member

Here are a couple of pics, most of them were fairly rubbish unfortunately, way too much camera shake.

-- attachment is not available --
British Commandos firmly ashore on the beach.

German defences up on the sand dunes.

Germans forming up to counterattack the next day, all with candy cigarettes!

Cheers
Martin

Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 24/11/2014 10:48 am

MartinR
(@martinr)
Famed Member

Here are the rest of them on flickr, slightly strange order:

[link]https://www.flickr.com/photos/47484028@N00/sets/72157647119842443/[/link]

Cheers
Martin

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 24/11/2014 10:58 am

Jay7
(@jay7)
Reputable Member

Had a fantastic weekend,thanks to everybody involved,staff and players alike.
Thoroughly knackered,glad I've got the day off.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/11/2014 11:39 am

Paul-K
(@paul-k)

To Josh and the team thank you it was a great weekend. To my bunk mates in the Yurt thanks for putting up with my snoring, to Steven thanks for putting up with an OLD Fart it all made for a special weekend.

Thank you All :good:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/11/2014 8:20 am

Universal Gunner
(@universal-gunner)
Reputable Member

Thanks Josh and all involved. Good fun again, knackering but great. Sorry I couldn't stay for Sunday and it's a shame about the night game.

Josh I walked off with your detonator, I hope this didn't mess Sunday up. Presumably you won't need it for The Vikings and I can bring it along to Eversley on 6th?

Cheers
Charlie

I have a small skewer hidden in the collar of my jumping jacket, and a razorblade in my gaiter, as well as my knife.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/11/2014 12:14 pm

MartinR
(@martinr)
Famed Member

We don't seem to have a medal for this one so I've awarded myself the old D-Day ribbon :)

That makes a nice round 30 WW2 games, blimey!

Cheers
Martin

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 25/11/2014 12:24 pm

(@prideofengland)
Noble Member

We don't seem to have a medal for this one so I've awarded myself the old D-Day ribbon :)

That makes a nice round 30 WW2 games, blimey!

Cheers
Martin

Sorry fella been a bit busy will try to get one done tonight :slap:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/11/2014 12:38 pm

(@gunman)
Noble Member

No probs Charlie ;)

Heer Schmidt

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/11/2014 10:00 pm

MartinR
(@martinr)
Famed Member

Sorry fella been a bit busy will try to get one done tonight

Its OK Tim, it isn't your job to keep churning out medals at the drop of a hat for the rest of us.

I haven't even had time to write a proper review, let alone design medals.

Cheers
Marti

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 27/11/2014 1:06 pm

MartinR
(@martinr)
Famed Member

Had a bit more time to think about this now, and there were lots and lots of things which worked really well.

We were lucky with the weather of course as although it pelted down on Friday, Saturday was gloriously sunny and Sunday stayed dry, plus more Germans than I expected turned up so the sides were a bit more equal (not that they need to be for a decent game).

The set piece attacks off the beach through the dunes worked really well, even they were physically challenging for lots of people. What was really good was the way that both sides operated as a complete unit an didn't have odd sections wandering off all over the battlefield. That really set the tone for the afternoon and Sunday too with both sides operating as big units (apart from the patrol phase), it really felt like a platoon/company level battle.

The new pyro rules worked very well, particularly the 'pushed back by smoke' thing which gave the Allied mortar a really game changing role and making the grenade hits into hits and not KIA seemed to make people be a bit more generous with their estimates of 5m hit radius. The proliferation of pyros generally encouraged more realistic dispersion although we did still manage to get the entire 716th zug killed by one grenade...

It was a real shame about the night mission, it sounded like real fun. Not sure how best to intergate these, maybe the only way is to do then on the Friday night or at teh end of a shorter day. A full day plus night seems to be too much for many.

Anyway, great stuff and much more like the 'big November games' I remember.

Cheers
Martin

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 28/11/2014 4:18 pm

Luiluei
(@luiluei)
Noble Member

Here are some pictures from my mobile phone. Not the best but I thought I will share them anyway.

US Infantry fully equipped ready to land. They are from a Dutch speaking unit established in Belgium :D

The long march into position

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/11/2014 8:40 am

Luiluei
(@luiluei)
Noble Member

Attack on the last German stronghold on the beach. We felt quite safe on the ridge as it was a very steep approach. We were taught a lesson. Uncovered flank was rolled up in a surprise attack.

Allies assemble in the distance for the attack

Allies approaching

Allies storming the hill

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/11/2014 8:45 am

Luiluei
(@luiluei)
Noble Member

We had amazingly good weather. Proof:
German units awaiting attack from the beach.

Battle pictures from the afternoon:

Allied counter attack

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/11/2014 8:52 am

Ox&Bucks
(@oxbucks)
Estimable Member

Brilliant photos. That muppet lieing on the floor getting mullered by friendly fire is me.... Again! What a great weekend and I'm still buzzing.

Current Arsenal: ICS Grease Gun, ICS M1 Garand, MP40, Viva Arms Sten Mk2.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/11/2014 8:16 pm

Share: