Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Things to know

(@wladek)
Famed Member

well I think most of the things to know have been mentioned, and no one has asked more so they must be known. Anyway, a short set of things follow...

Please arrive for your brief by 9am on Saturday morning

We will be eating lunch out of game, so you do not have to lug your sarnies round with you this time.

Please bring what ammo you will need with you, we are not selling things on the day. If 'the site' is selling things, great, if not then you have been warned. You will not need lots of the stuff. (I have NEVER fired more than 300 shots in a weekend, and I wrote the game so...)

Ammo limits will vary throughout the day depending on the scenario, but do not expect them to be lots. expect 300 rounds to be the very high end (excepting the usual deployed MGs)

Be prepared to do nothing - you may be tasked with defending a position which does not get attacked. I have no illusions that you need to be told this, and you are all jolly good chaps who enjoy this immersion above trigger time. However I like to make double sure you wont whine at me at the end of the day.

There will be an (optional) after 'dark' mission, so you may want a period torch - especially for the Polish side.

Other things? umm. Oh yes. This game is about the people and tactics of the period. The set dressing is you lovely people. We will not be stopping for five minutes to watch the fireworks and go oooo. Playing a game with friends (old and new) and immersing ourselves in the period and character we will all get out of it what we collectively bring.

With that I look forward to seeing you all there and having a fun weekend. Any questions for things you want to know that I haven't mentioned anywhere due to my terrible negligence may be asked in a loud angry voice at your leisure.

Topic starter Posted : 11/05/2011 5:25 pm

(@gunman)
Noble Member

For the night game its worth getting in a zillion tea lights for the village and other buildings on site. They look the nuts with the yellow glow of naked flame :good:

Heer Schmidt

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/05/2011 7:12 pm

(@wladek)
Famed Member

way a head of you there. :D

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 11/05/2011 7:24 pm

(@wladek)
Famed Member

Ah yes, we organisey types will be arriving on-site at about 6pm on the Friday, so it would be best to arrive after this.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 11/05/2011 10:59 pm

Universal Gunner
(@universal-gunner)
Reputable Member

As sunset is around 9.00pm how late is the "after dark" scenario likely to be? Is it before or after pizza in the pub?

I have a small skewer hidden in the collar of my jumping jacket, and a razorblade in my gaiter, as well as my knife.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/05/2011 2:11 pm

(@wladek)
Famed Member

lol, that has indeed been our main bit of using time and Maths.

'twill be after. We will finish the day at a reasonable teatime hour, give people a chance to eat and have a rest, and then start this one at 9ish.

It is of course voluntary, and if some people would prefer to go to the pub and miss it then, so be it.

I myself will be visiting the Pub on Friday evening, leaving Saturday open for this night-time fun and a glass of Vodka by the fire.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 16/05/2011 2:17 pm

Share: