Clear all

Advice needed on gun

14 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

A while back I acquired a what I presumed to be Thompson M1A1 but there might be a few things wrong with it. Now bear with me as I'm a total newbie. First inspection says it's missing it's mags, but also where there should be (I assume) a switch to swap from manual to automatic there's just a hole with a bit of glue around it.

The only markings on the gun are what seems to be replica details and I couldn't find actual manufacturers. And a sticker says "Energie 1 joule maxi"

Anyways having had a discussion about it here: http://forums.airsofters.co.uk/showthre ... post169788

It seems like it's a 1921 something or rather and is worth getting working. Here is all the info I have:

So the text ectched on the gun says

THOMPSON SUBMACHINE GUN.
CALIBRE.45 AUTOMATIC CARTRIDGE
MANUFACTURED BY
PATENT FIRE ARMS MFC.CO.
HARTFORD.CONN.USA

MODEL OF 1921.
NO 14536

AUTO-ORDINANCE CORPORATION
NEW YORK.USA

Sorry about the quality of the pics, was taken with my iPhone in a dark room. There is a small logo which doesn't come up with my iphone which is "KSG" which I've not noticed before.

You can see the broken selector.

Does anyone have any info or advice?

Posted : 02/09/2010 1:52 am
(@warren)
Noble Member

looks like the cheep all plastic springer to me,
is there any metal on it ?
or is it all plastic,

and what did you pay for it ? i hope it wasant much.

warren

team shoot and scoot, TL

Posted : 02/09/2010 9:39 am
McVickers
(@mcvickers)
Famed Member

Yeah, it's the springer M1921. It'll be good for parts to convert an AEG M1A1 Thompson into a M1928 Thompson.

A Proud Member Of 'Team Spleen!' who play mainly at Gunman Airsoft, Tuddenham, Suffolk.

Posted : 02/09/2010 11:01 am
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I paid nothing for it. The body is metal but the handles are plastic though.

Posted : 02/09/2010 12:54 pm
(@warren)
Noble Member

mmmm od,
what happens when you cock it from the top and then pull the trigger ?

team shoot and scoot, TL

Posted : 02/09/2010 2:06 pm
McVickers
(@mcvickers)
Famed Member

It's one of these: http://www.airsplat.com/Items/AR-SA-43720.htm , (BTW: 'Cybergun' are the European distributer for CYMA)
Picture from Airsplat showing exactly the same reciever:

Are you sure the receiver is metal? This one is plastic.

A Proud Member Of 'Team Spleen!' who play mainly at Gunman Airsoft, Tuddenham, Suffolk.

Posted : 02/09/2010 2:16 pm
Ghost MacRoth
(@ghost-macroth)
Prominent Member

So, McVickers, you reckon it could be dressed over an AEG? Mmmmm interesting! Would it take the same mags as the CYMA/TM? I know I'd quite like to get one of my tommy's looking proper 1928, but if it's deffo just plastic, that's a bit of a bummer, not end of the world, but a bummer.

Posted : 02/09/2010 3:17 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Looks, feels and weighs like it's metal. But I'll have a closer look like time I'm home.

Any idea where I can get a mag for it in the UK/London?

Posted : 02/09/2010 3:19 pm
Ghost MacRoth
(@ghost-macroth)
Prominent Member

If it's standard mags, then any CYMA/TM mag should fit. Any airsoft shop or site is bound to have someone kicking about with a mag you can check in it.

Posted : 02/09/2010 3:44 pm
 Yith
(@yith)
Illustrious Member

No, if it's the one I think it is then it was supplied with a plastic drum mag. I converted one of those to work with my marui/mosquito moulds/caw M1928 a couple of years ago. The feed is quite different from a marui mag.

Posted : 02/09/2010 4:15 pm
McVickers
(@mcvickers)
Famed Member

So, McVickers, you reckon it could be dressed over an AEG? Mmmmm interesting!

No, but you can use bits off of it (e.g; rear sight, vertical foregrip, cocking handle, selector switches, cut up the top reciever half and mould onto an M1A1 reciever [has been done by someone on this forum before], convert the drum mag to fit and be useable with an AEG Thompson [has been done by someone on this forum also, I think it was Yith]!)

If it's standard mags, then any CYMA/TM mag should fit. Any airsoft shop or site is bound to have someone kicking about with a mag you can check in it.

No, it won't take AEG standard mags. If you look closely in the pic below, you can see that the springer's mag-well has a blocked up/'dummy' side. The springer's mags are very hard to come by. I've an old TM G3 springer, which you can only get more mags for by buying another whole gun!

Posted : 02/09/2010 4:45 pm
Ghost MacRoth
(@ghost-macroth)
Prominent Member

Bugger!!

Posted : 02/09/2010 5:07 pm
dieselmonkey
(@dieselmonkey)
Noble Member

I've actually got one of the springer drum mags kicking around. I imported two and converted one to work with the Cyma M1A1, then found i didn't need to convert the second.

Posted : 02/09/2010 6:28 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Hmm interested in selling it? If so how much?

Posted : 02/09/2010 11:36 pm
Share: