Notifications
Clear all

AGM/ASG MP40 mags

Jimmiiee
(@jimmiiee)
Reputable Member

Does anyone know why they don't like holding any bbs? Does anyone have a fix for it?

Normally removing the speed loader carefully does the trick however last night 2 of my mags just wasn't having it

Any help of the matter will be appreciated

Thanks
JD

Topic starter Posted : 07/09/2015 5:06 pm
Raffles
(@raffles)
Noble Member

Mine is terrible for spewing out the bbs at any opportunity. Other than making sure the catch is oiled the only other solution is to treat them gentle.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/09/2015 5:43 pm
Russe11
(@russe11)
Honorable Member

The problem is the Sten hopup. King arms mags hold bb's better as the catch sticks out further, but this causes problems getting them to fit into a Sten.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/09/2015 1:11 pm
Raffles
(@raffles)
Noble Member

The problem is the Sten hopup. King arms mags hold bb's better as the catch sticks out further, but this causes problems getting them to fit into a Sten.

Yep that's exactly what I found. If my agm metal mag vents all the bb's one more time I'm stripping it down and looking for a solution. Maybe laser cut a new catch. If I do I'll make spares!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/09/2015 8:54 am
Russe11
(@russe11)
Honorable Member

It's possible that a stronger spring on the catch may help. Personally I just learned to live with it and treat my mags as if they are made of nitroglycerine until I get them into my mag pouch.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/09/2015 5:52 pm
dadio
(@dadio)
Famed Member

If you remove the catch you can file away the forward part of the grooved bit that you push back to release the bb's ,this allows the catch to move further forward over the bb's ,simple to do .

armoury
m1a1 Thompson,sten mk2,mp40,stg44,sterling,mk2 bren gun,lee Enfield no4 mk1,Mauser Kar98, Walther ppk,smith and Weston m10 and Mauser m712
Give me a big enough hammer and a place to stand and I could fix the world.
i'll kill a man in a fair fight or if i think he's going to start a fair fight or over a woman or.......
a problem shared is a problem halved ,but an advantage shared is no advantage at all
if a job's not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/09/2015 7:05 pm
Raffles
(@raffles)
Noble Member

If you remove the catch you can file away the forward part of the grooved bit that you push back to release the bb's ,this allows the catch to move further forward over the bb's ,simple to do .

Genius!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/09/2015 7:18 pm
dadio
(@dadio)
Famed Member

Probably only needs 1mm maybe 1.5mm ,if you do a little you can always cut a bit more ,much harder to put material back if you take too much off.

armoury
m1a1 Thompson,sten mk2,mp40,stg44,sterling,mk2 bren gun,lee Enfield no4 mk1,Mauser Kar98, Walther ppk,smith and Weston m10 and Mauser m712
i'll kill a man in a fair fight or if i think he's going to start a fair fight or over a woman or.......
a problem shared is a problem halved ,but an advantage shared is no advantage at all

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/09/2015 7:52 pm
Jimmiiee
(@jimmiiee)
Reputable Member

Right, finally got round to taking alook into this....

Is there any other way of taking the mags apart? Other that taking the bottom plate off

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 29/09/2015 7:31 pm
dadio
(@dadio)
Famed Member

The top plastic lip just clipps into the outer metal shell ,one clip on either side ,there are two holes each side near the top on a slight diagonal ,in the lower hole you can just see the edge of the clip ,they need to be pressed in with a fine screwdriver from both sides and with a third hand pull the top lip out ,seriously though don't push the clips in too hard as they can snap off .there's no need to remove the base plate at all.

armoury

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/09/2015 8:17 pm
Jimmiiee
(@jimmiiee)
Reputable Member

Thanks

Why can't they make these things easy

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 29/09/2015 9:17 pm
Share: