K98 Springer Projec...

Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] K98 Springer Projects

Page 30 / 31

breadfish
(@breadfish)
Estimable Member

A friend of mine recently integrated a Vsr 11 into a dboys body for me. I love it!
the pictures a bit bleached, the wood isnt as bright as that :)

Rich

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/02/2015 12:22 am
dadio
(@dadio)
Famed Member

Looks very nice .

armoury
m1a1 Thompson,sten mk2,mp40,stg44,sterling,mk2 bren gun,lee Enfield no4 mk1,Mauser Kar98, Walther ppk,smith and Weston m10 and Mauser m712
Give me a big enough hammer and a place to stand and I could fix the world.
i'll kill a man in a fair fight or if i think he's going to start a fair fight or over a woman or.......
a problem shared is a problem halved ,but an advantage shared is no advantage at all
if a job's not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/02/2015 8:38 am
(@hef-legend)

Is there someone on here who offers conversions on VSR's?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/01/2016 5:40 pm
(@dranyam)

Hi all, where do you source your trigger guards from? I have been searching through Ebay for months and haven't manged to find any at a decent price (sub £40). Or do you get them from the US? Hope this hasn't been covered already but I couldn't find any links to trigger guards only stocks and other metal bits.
Thanks for the help

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/02/2016 7:29 pm
(@mattywheels)
Noble Member

I took my trigger guard from the chinasoft DBoys base rifle that the stock came from. I think that's what most of the conversions use rather than trying to use genuine (expensive!) pieces.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/02/2016 7:39 pm
(@stumpy0903)
Trusted Member

Finished mine, fairly pleased with the outcome, the magazine catch was a bugger though :? -- attachment is not available ---- attachment is not available ---- attachment is not available ---- attachment is not available --

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/05/2016 9:31 pm
(@mattywheels)
Noble Member

Finished mine, fairly pleased with the outcome, the magazine catch was a bugger though :?

Looks lovely! A top job there matey

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/05/2016 6:06 am
dadio
(@dadio)
Famed Member

Nice job Stumpy ,everybody struggles with the mag catch ,when you get the breech and barrel to sit low enough in the stock then the wood under the catch is frighteningly thin ,I tend to paste the thin bit with araldite ,cover it with a thin poly bag and fit the breech and barrel back in place so the poly bag stops the glue from sticking it all together ,leave it to dry and remove the breech and pull out the poly bag so it leaves the areldite as a reenforcment for the wood .

armoury
m1a1 Thompson,sten mk2,mp40,stg44,sterling,mk2 bren gun,lee Enfield no4 mk1,Mauser Kar98, Walther ppk,smith and Weston m10 and Mauser m712
Give me a big enough hammer and a place to stand and I could fix the world.
i'll kill a man in a fair fight or if i think he's going to start a fair fight or over a woman or.......
a problem shared is a problem halved ,but an advantage shared is no advantage at all
if a job's not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/05/2016 6:04 pm
(@stumpy0903)
Trusted Member

Good idea, i reinforced mine with a piece of nylon i shaped at work, i carved the recess for the mag catch into this and then JB welded it to the thin stock wood, the bottom of the hop sat lovely on the top of the nylon, seems to have done the trick.
Cheers for the comments, my first springer project

Cheers

Stumpy

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/05/2016 6:51 pm
slavko112
(@slavko112)
Eminent Member

This the latest project of mine. Uses well mb03 as a base. There are some real steel parts and the rest is homemade. Airsoft kar98k spring by slavko112, on Flickr

armoury :SMLE No.1 MkIII, yugo m24, carcano m38 cavalry, yugo m48, ppsh 41, mp40, thompson m1a1, mg42, mg34, m1919, walther p38, tt33,luger P08, (m70ab2, m70b2, m76)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/07/2016 3:32 pm
Moss
 Moss
(@moss)
Prominent Member

Very nice!
I'd love to see some pictures of your other custom rifles if possible?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/07/2016 8:51 pm
slavko112
(@slavko112)
Eminent Member

Thanks. As for the pictures of other custom projects I will do my best to upload them to flickr and maybe even make some post about some.

armoury :SMLE No.1 MkIII, yugo m24, carcano m38 cavalry, yugo m48, ppsh 41, mp40, thompson m1a1, mg42, mg34, m1919, walther p38, tt33,luger P08, (m70ab2, m70b2, m76)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/07/2016 10:20 pm
Moss
 Moss
(@moss)
Prominent Member

Brilliant, I look forward to seeing them. :D

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/07/2016 12:20 am
(@mattywheels)
Noble Member

Me too, always good to see more projects - i'm always amazed by peoples creativity!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/07/2016 6:06 am
(@gar98)

hi only joined the forum so i no this is a old tred but can anyone post a fresh set of pictures of the conversion step by step as none of the pictures are showing for me . as i plan to do one with my bar ten once i get the k98 doner body.
cheers.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/12/2017 2:26 pm
razorlight
(@razorlight)
Reputable Member

Due to the fact there are virtually no K98k's available at the moment, I thought I'd have a go at making one from scratch. Having read this section , there is pics of everything you need to get it looking as close as possible to the usual D-boys conversion. I trawled the internet for reference of conversions and side on views of the real rifle. I made some scale drawing at work on my mac, scaled them up to 100%, run them out and taped them together and and I'm working off them. After some advice from Lord Elpus , I bought a Cyma 701 for the donor gun. The stock is made from 2 pieces of pine glued and clamped together. I rough cut the stock oversize, leaving extra wood for adjusting the size. The cyma 701 arrived a few days ago (the black version was on offer for £59 from gunfire.pl). Offering up the 701 barrel and piston, I've now got something to work with.

I cut down the stock, leaving about 6mm extra along the base, in case of any miss measuring. I bought a cleaning rod, the front collar and the immediate piece behind which takes the leather strap from zib.militaria.de. I reckoned they would be hard to make as I only have the usual DIY tools, Dremel, router, drill and chisels.

I've now cut down the stock and shaped the shoulder end of the stock. The 16mm by 2mm thickness steel tube for the barrel has arrived so the next job is to get the router out and start cutting the stock to fit the donor gun. There is some great reference pics on this topic and I'm hoping to make a pretty good look-alike. I'm hoping to get it done for the rifle game in September. I thought I'd stick some pics , in case anyone else is thinking of having a go. I'll put up some more as the project progresses, as and when there's anything worth showing. It could still turn out to be a complete fail

-- attachment is not available --

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2018 9:54 pm
Hänschen klein
(@hanschen-klein)
Famed Member

Great work takes hat off to you Sir

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/06/2018 5:35 am
drmike
(@drmike)
Estimable Member

Hi Stumpy,

That looks really great.

Any idea how much the whole project cost you in the end?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/06/2018 9:38 am
(@lord-elpus)
Noble Member

Good work, Nick, just started on my kar98 projects too! 3 in all, trying the plywood attempt first.
Andy-- attachment is not available ---- attachment is not available --

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/06/2018 2:16 pm
(@itszakdada)

Very nice projects guys

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/06/2018 8:11 pm
Page 30 / 31
Share: