Notifications
Clear all

Facilities on site & Saturday arrangements

Page 1 / 2

Chomley-Warner
(@admin-infinity)
Illustrious Member Admin

Players are welcome on site from 5pm on Saturday, no earlier please so that arrivals can be looked after.
The entrance will be locally sign-posted and gate CiA banner marked.

There is parking on site - the car park isn't huge so we ask that cars are parked neatly and as tight as possible. Separate arrangements will be made for in-game vehicle being brought onto site.

Those stopping overnight will have a carpeted :shock: and well-lit safezone available for putting up camp beds. There is a tea urn for hot water and we will have a limited amount of cold water available. Players can assist by bringing a 5l bottle with them. As always we ask that players don't wander into the site and confine themselves in the safezone and entrance area.

There are 240v mains sockets for battery charging etc.

Gas burners may be used for food heating in the safezone (its the original kitchen/canteen with clean stainless steel worktops).

There is a portaloo in the car park (local pub would be a more savoury alternative!).

There is plenty of seating in the safezone - maybe we will have a film show this year...

The safezone will be used for storing personal effects but players will NOT be able to return to the safezone once the event is under way so materiel needed for the day must be carried with you.

Topic starter Posted : 11/11/2009 2:06 pm

(@bedsnherts)
Famed Member

When you say gas burners in the kitchen, does that mean there is a built-in gas hob that can be used?
or that people can bring their own cookers for use in the kitchen area?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/11/2009 1:29 pm

Chomley-Warner
(@admin-infinity)
Illustrious Member Admin

Bring your own cookers if you wish to heat up food Sat evening, Sunday breakfast.

Interesting tidbit. The kitchen equipment installed during the upgrade in 1986 for latest Regional Government Headquarters nuclear war preparations was never actually used apart from one grill used by maintenance crew to make toasted sandwiches! (The facility wasn't manned - staff were to be brought in in time of emergency - in any case, there was no food on site as ration packs would be brought in from elsewhere.)

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 19/11/2009 2:02 pm

Yith
(@yith)
Illustrious Member

Will it be possible to use small cookers (eg nesbit, etc) during game time in the game area since we're not stopping for lunch?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/11/2009 2:14 pm

JD7
 JD7
(@jd7)
Illustrious Member

nesbit

:?: :?: Hadn't realised RAB C did a range of camping equipment

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/11/2009 2:38 pm

Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/11/2009 2:39 pm

(@bedsnherts)
Famed Member

:rofl:

The Nesbit stove runs on alcohol and smells awful.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/11/2009 2:40 pm

(@wladek)
Famed Member

Wait... I see the joke... :good:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/11/2009 2:41 pm

Yith
(@yith)
Illustrious Member

okay okay... esbit then. gah!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/11/2009 2:42 pm

Chomley-Warner
(@admin-infinity)
Illustrious Member Admin

Are you planning on having a picnic or fighting a war Yith? :lol:
Perhaps a picnic rug instead of a plash-palatka might be an idea?

Hehe, anyway, if you can't go four or five hours without a heated drink or meal and you can find a quiet corner then I can't seen a problem personally (provided care taken with combustibles blah blah) BUT I'll add it to the list of things to be sorted on our next site visit. In other words it should be OK but it ain't officially yes - yet.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 19/11/2009 2:52 pm

Yith
(@yith)
Illustrious Member

oh... me and lardy were chatting and have plans... I hope they're not scuppered!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/11/2009 3:00 pm

(@bedsnherts)
Famed Member

Actually I was going to ask the same thing about using esbits but I didn't want to be called a spacker.

Much better that Yith gets called a spacker.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/11/2009 3:01 pm

Chomley-Warner
(@admin-infinity)
Illustrious Member Admin

:giggle:

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 19/11/2009 3:06 pm

Yith
(@yith)
Illustrious Member

:raspberry:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/11/2009 3:12 pm

Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

Ah, I can just see the Ruskies enjoying their chimps' tea party, when a grenade rolls up..... :twisted:

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/11/2009 5:52 pm

slick63
(@slick63)
Noble Member

Might not be applicable gents but just to remind people that hexamine tablets can give off toxic fumes in confined areas. I realise that some of the tunnels are a fair old size but I`m not sure what the air flow is like in them. Wouldn`t want a couple of bodies going missing because they`ve succumbed to fumes in some dark corner of the tunnels. :good:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/11/2009 8:38 pm

Sgt.Heide
(@sgt-heide)
Illustrious Member

Unless someone locks themself in a storage cupboard, there is more than adequate ventilation for hexi burners. I've used them quite safely in much smaller areas than Drakelow has. I'd just tell people to be careful wherethey use them - ie, not on the carpeted areas! (and away from other players, who may not like the smell).

When I want your opinion - I'll tell you what it is!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/11/2009 8:44 pm

Joseph Porta
(@joseph-porta)
Famed Member

give it to the locals (hexamine tablets that is) , and say its kendal mint cake, they will shit themselfs silly :rofl:

always a favourite in the army

"Take that you rotton helping of strawberry flan!"
Joseph Porta to "strawberrys and cream", in the sven hassel book ,ogpu prison

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/11/2009 8:58 pm

Sgt.Heide
(@sgt-heide)
Illustrious Member

give it to the locals (hexamine tablets that is) , and say its kendal mint cake, they will shit themselfs silly :rofl:

always a favourite in the army

Best to put jam on it as well, I always found they shovel it down faster that way! Then stand back and watch the fun. They never hold out theirhands for sweets again. :twisted:

When I want your opinion - I'll tell you what it is!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/11/2009 9:42 pm

(@bedsnherts)
Famed Member

Is anyone bringing something bigger than an Esbit? Like a section cooker?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/12/2009 1:34 pm

Page 1 / 2

Share: