52 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
Joseph Porta
(@joseph-porta)
Famed Member
Topic starter

-- attachment is not available --

Feel free to post anything relevent to the soviet operation here.

Any questions, information, advice, banter and what your wearing and using will be helpfull.

also ANYONE can make suggestions and ideas to the game, feel free to post them up , or pm them if your shy.
they may be used , they may not, but if you dont ask you dont get, and we want everyone to have a good time.

"Take that you rotton helping of strawberry flan!"
Joseph Porta to "strawberrys and cream", in the sven hassel book ,ogpu prison

Posted : 17/04/2011 3:17 pm
Joseph Porta
(@joseph-porta)
Famed Member
Topic starter

This game is a first for me, ive always been happy to just turn up and follow orders and let others do the planning, but on this game Im really looking forward to helping organize. The game isnt as hardcore or historical as a CIA run game, and more of a fictional theme, but ww2 nonetheless, and it promises to be a good blast.

The site is my personal favourite for the best event ive ever been to, and if you havent been, i strongly reccomend looking at the excelent video of the CIA game kindly made by BedsnHerts, here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvFJVfihzuI

ive only been here once, to the CIA game, as the site normally operates a semi auto only rule, and i dont like that. (Though the site IS FULL AUTO for this game)

The CIA game was amazing, and it would be a very tough act to follow, but were giving it a try. Anarchy under the Eagle will be a more film sim game the reenactment, (think kellys heros crossed with enemy at the gates) but the now almost industry standard CIA rules will be used. (if it isnt broke dont fix it)

Now my Russain brothers, here is the russian secret weapon.

The rolling wave.

at the gunman game "border clash" i tried an idea with the russains.
the standard human wave attack, but the differance being, as long as the flag is held aloft, the last dead man on the floor can get up and keep following the attack. so there is a constant stream of men running forward, as long as the flag is moving FORWARD and Held high, it requries a constant supply of men to make this happen. The enemy have to completly isolate the flag from the russains to stop the attack. (which can be done with good volumes of suppressive fire, but one or two men alone will not hold back the glourious soviet attack)
this helps as a temporary force multiplier, to break heavily fortified positions, or capture objectives. Though THEY ARE LIMTED IN NUMBER, and i mean a few.
Also they can only be launched by the commanders, to prevent farby gameing of the rules, but can be booldy good fun. Ive led 3 and loved every one. (any group of russains can do a human wave at any time they wish, but without the zeal of the flag, you cant get up and roll forward)

any idiots .... aahhm...... brave heros wishing to Volunteer to lead the flag charge pleased make yourselfs known, though in the charge most russians will hold it at one point.

any questions or ideas, feel free

Comrade Porta

Posted : 17/04/2011 3:27 pm
Joseph Porta
(@joseph-porta)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Personally, im wearing/bringing.

officers cap, greatcoat, and my russain officers boots (finaly a game there getting "propper" use )

Maxim MMG on carrage - im not using - MG gunner team to be formed
ppsh
pistol

i may have an mp40 on a bend it mend it loan, (but a friend may yet take this, so ill confirm nearer the time)

Posted : 17/04/2011 3:48 pm
MartinR
(@martinr)
Famed Member

The rolling flag sounds like a great idea, I missed the second day of Border Clash so only did the 'normal' human wave attack which was great fun but we all got killed quite quickly.

I've not been to Kinver before, is there going to be space for a human wave attack in the tunnels?

I'll be wearing the same gear as at Border Clash, although probably with high boots rather than puttees this time. M43 uniform, helmet, slung plash, basic webbing but I'll put the shoulderboards back on for this. My 'SVT-40' is fixed now so I'll bring that, but maybe also a lend lease Thompson as a spare.

Cheers
Martin

"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.
Arnhem3,Gumrak,Campoleone

Posted : 19/04/2011 8:43 am
Joseph Porta
(@joseph-porta)
Famed Member
Topic starter

I've not been to Kinver before, is there going to be space for a human wave attack in the tunnels?

Martin

look at the end of bedsnherts video, there were a couple of human wave attacks used. some tunnels are wide (20 foot) and very long.

and the echo of the UUrrrraaaaggghhh is truely trouser filling :lol:

can any germans from borzyn loop , give there perspective on being on the reciving end of a soviet charge :?:

Posted : 19/04/2011 12:15 pm
Chomley-Warner
(@admin-infinity)
Illustrious Member Admin

Our perspective? It didn't matter how much you shouted we still mowed you down. :lol:

Heh, the charges were awesome and filled the tunnels with adrenaline as well as UUrrrraaaaggghhh's. Very atmospheric & exciting. :good:

Posted : 19/04/2011 12:29 pm
Joseph Porta
(@joseph-porta)
Famed Member
Topic starter

:D , just what i wanted to hear, thanks CW

Posted : 19/04/2011 11:56 pm
Joseph Porta
(@joseph-porta)
Famed Member
Topic starter

ill get one for the day dont worry :good:

Posted : 20/04/2011 7:55 pm
PD
 PD
(@_pd_)
Honorable Member

can any germans from borzyn loop , give there perspective on being on the reciving end of a soviet charge :?:

It made picking targets a very swift and concentrated exercise........ as CW says - they got mowed down due to superior Gitlerite weapons technology.

LOOK! I ham now four meggle man!
A001

Posted : 27/04/2011 9:16 am
oddball
(@oddball)
Famed Member

So how would the Germans handle the Russians if they had a big gun to hide behind 8)

Incidentally note to self to ask Porta how that train is I asked him to make :giggle:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gesSqwFkPg

Watch Vid
Free speech is expensive these days!

Posted : 27/04/2011 1:40 pm
PD
 PD
(@_pd_)
Honorable Member

So how would the Germans handle the Russians if they had a big gun to hide behind 8)

Snipers in the shadows....... Or bring the Maus in! :rofl:

A001

Posted : 27/04/2011 8:10 pm
Joseph Porta
(@joseph-porta)
Famed Member
Topic starter

LOL 4:50 to 5:50

your giving our russian secrets away :slap:

Posted : 28/04/2011 9:17 pm
oddball
(@oddball)
Famed Member

LOL 4:50 to 5:50

your giving our russian secrets away :slap:

Do you know what movie that clip is from :?:

Watch Vid

Posted : 29/04/2011 12:26 am
PD
 PD
(@_pd_)
Honorable Member

Thats a seriously good film - I watched it three times to make sure I saw every nuance...... I still marvel at its sheer brilliance. :rofl:

A001

Posted : 29/04/2011 1:09 am
oddball
(@oddball)
Famed Member

Thats a seriously good film - I watched it three times to make sure I saw every nuance...... I still marvel at its sheer brilliance. :rofl:

OK I had a email from a Russian friend and now know what it is. :D

Heh that's pretty easy. Its called Osvobozhdenie (Liberation) a 1969 film. Biggest scale battles and most realistic and expensive movie about WW2 ever produced in Soviet Union. I watched A LOT WW2 movies made by different countries and never seen any films come close topping Liberation. It features huge scale battles with thousands of troops, real vehicles and planes depicting the most brutal battles of Eastern Front. There are total 5 full feature films in these series.

Here some detailed info about it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberation ... _series%29

:shock: That does it red star goes on my tank tomorrow :happydance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFe8oaJgUHY

Watch Vid

Posted : 01/05/2011 11:05 pm
Joseph Porta
(@joseph-porta)
Famed Member
Topic starter

3:40 watch that t34 jump over the other one , ,madmen :D

Posted : 02/05/2011 9:50 pm
oddball
(@oddball)
Famed Member

3:40 watch that t34 jump over the other one , ,madmen :D

I am going to get you this on DVD mate will post it over or sort it on the site visit. 8)

Watch Vid

Posted : 02/05/2011 10:34 pm
Joseph Porta
(@joseph-porta)
Famed Member
Topic starter

thanks nigel :good:

Posted : 03/05/2011 11:09 am
oddball
(@oddball)
Famed Member

Loads of Russian helmets for £5.99 each in Ormskirk here :good:
http://www.militarymart.co.uk/

I can buy and bring on the day :D

http://www.militarymart.co.uk/Clothing/ ... _1624.html

Watch Vid

Posted : 04/05/2011 12:55 pm
 Yith
(@yith)
Illustrious Member

Hungarian helmets you mean... You had me all excited for a moment. I thought they might actually be Soviet helmets. Of course it is nice that at least they aren't trying to pass them off as WWII Soviet as so many others do.

Oh, the price is good though!

Posted : 04/05/2011 4:02 pm
Page 1 / 3
Share: